Player Discussion Anthony-John Greer

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I think I tried to suggest a Lucic for Greer trade last year. Hoping to get some physical play on the 4th line from an experienced professional player.

Glad Conroy did something. With the state of the bottom 6, doing nothing at all would have been defeating.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I've no issue with this pickup. It was obvious after the Vancouver game, when Coronato got run over twice, that we need someone with balls on the team.

In a way, Looch signing in Beantown made Greer expendable. Almost a trade and our cap hit doesn't hurt as much.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, Greer doesn't seem like the type to just allow that crap to go unpunished. Definitely gotta protect our players.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I've no issue with this pickup. It was obvious after the Vancouver game, when Coronato got run over twice, that we need someone with balls on the team.

In a way, Looch signing in Beantown made Greer expendable. Almost a trade and our cap hit doesn't hurt as much.
Exactly this. The only real "fighter" we have on the team is Zadorov, and all in all, Zad is better on the ice than in the box. Duehr has had the occasional scrap, but isn't necessarily a fighter, and has a fair bit more offensive potential. Greer gives us someone who will likely be splitting time with Hunt on the 4th and the press box depending on the team, but he plays a high energy, defensive style that doesn't necessarily hurt us.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bruins fan here. AJ is a really good guy. Great f***ing teammate. Great community guy. Might pot like a few goals but dont expect anything fancy. He misses the net...a lot! However, he stands up for his teammates and doesn't take any shit. He was a self sacrificial lamb for the team. He literally took fights where you're like oh nooo. When I tell you he will fight? He will fight ANYONE. He won't win. He might get a few punches in, but prepare yourself to go "Ouch! Damn..good on ya AJ, hope your face is okay". He gets beat up a lot. But he has heart. He really does.

He'd probably would of still been on our roster had our rookies not beat him out for a spot. I wish him well. You'll never have to question his heart, that's for sure. You might get annoyed at him missing the net, but he gives a shit. I think you guys will like him a lot.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bruins fan here. AJ is a really good guy. Great f***ing teammate. Great community guy. Might pot like a few goals but dont expect anything fancy. He misses the net...a lot! However, he stands up for his teammates and doesn't take any shit. He was a self sacrificial lamb for the team. He literally took fights where you're like oh nooo. When I tell you he will fight? He will fight ANYONE. He won't win. He might get a few punches in, but prepare yourself to go "Ouch! Damn..good on ya AJ, hope your face is okay". He gets beat up a lot. But he has heart. He really does.

He'd probably would have still been on our roster had our rookies not beat him out for a spot. I wish him well. You'll never have to question his heart, that's for sure. You might get annoyed at him missing the net, but he gives a shit. I think you guys will like him a lot.
Sound like a bigger Ryan Lomberg

I supposed it doesn’t hurt to have guys like Greer and Hunt. Just wish we have someone in the system that can take the job with more potential than keep recycling these guys every year.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019

He'd probably would of still been on our roster had our rookies not beat him out for a spot. I wish him well. You'll never have to question his heart, that's for sure. You might get annoyed at him missing the net, but he gives a shit. I think you guys will like him a lot.
Thank you. I will support AJ definitely! He sounds like a great teammate. Hopefully he finds a good home with us.

Reactions: Nanuuk and Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad