Value of: Anthony Beauvillier to Edmonton?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
The Oilers have a Mickey?
nhl-edmonton-oilers-053-mickey-mouse-walt-disney-1942546758-unisex-t-shirt.jpg

haven’t you heard the news?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I guess since Athanasiou didn't work out, this is the next fast guy for the Oilers.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Hey look! An old wound! Let’s pick at it until it bleeds!

And very few trade scenarios would be even remotely palatable to either team.

Reactions: CRYHAVOC

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Coming off his recent impressive post season,it would take a 1 for 1 over payment to pry the 22 yr old away.

No interest in picks or bright,shiny , unproven prospects. Isles 25/26 yr old top pairing of Pelech & Pulock is set,so no interest in any of the Oilers blue liners.

I guess that about sums it up.

/thread.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You mean Lou isn’t Chiarelli level clueless?

In Chia's defence Reinhart was a former 4th OA pick whose stock was rising by the day. You factor that in with Edmonton being desperate for a left shot defenceman then it's an easy trade to make. Plus why keep the pick when players like Barzal, Connor, Chabot are still on the board and were the next 3 players selected.

Reactions: CRYHAVOC

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
In Chia's defence Reinhart was a former 4th OA pick whose stock was rising by the day. You factor that in with Edmonton being desperate for a left shot defenceman then it's an easy trade to make. Plus why keep the pick when players like Barzal, Connor, Chabot are still on the board and were the next 3 players selected.
Dripping sarcasm cleanup in aisle 4!

SI

Feb 16, 2013

This is not true. His stock WAS rising during his draft year, but not two full seasons later just before the 2015 draft. Actually, there were already signs that things had turned - Isles MGMT and coaches saw it during that season in Bridgeport. The Oilers were fixated since that draft of bringing the former Oil King to Edmonton add to that their need for a D man and that shrouded their judgment.

He was a 4 OA pick - true (in a bad draft class), but to give up a 2015 #1 (mid-round pick) in an incredible draft class as well as a high 2nd rounder for Reinhart was bananas - now add to that those two picks were Barzal and Beau (after the Isles used the pick to trade up) is just absurd.

There is no defense for Chia on that trade. None. It is indefensible.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
This is not true. His stock WAS rising during his draft year, but not two full seasons later just before the 2015 draft. Actually, there were already signs that things had turned - Isles MGMT and coaches saw it during that season in Bridgeport. The Oilers were fixated since that draft of bringing the former Oil King to Edmonton add to that their need for a D man and that shrouded their judgment.

He was a 4 OA pick - true (in a bad draft class), but to give up a 2015 #1 (mid-round pick) in an incredible draft class as well as a high 2nd rounder for Reinhart was bananas - now add to that those two picks were Barzal and Beau (after the Isles used the pick to trade up) is just absurd.

There is no defense for Chia on that trade. None. It is indefensible.
His entire post was sarcasm....

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Beau has yet to peak, and is going to be a really good one. top 6. whatever that value is, i guess. on the Isles, all things given... offence, defence, leadership, value... everything... he may only be behind Pelech, Mayfield, and maybe Sorokin. he has valuable playoff experience. his weakness is that he won't punish people with hits, but is really solid in all other facets of the game.

i think the Isles aren't hurting in any area. Goal. D. Forwards. so, i don't feel that they would be compelled to move Beau to shore up a weakness.

if i were GM, i might consider moving him for picks, next year, when he, Pelech, and Sorokin are RFA's, and Cizikas is a UFA. that means trying to free up another 7 mil maybe? and no one coming off the books, except Cizikas. maybe.

and that is if, and only if, another young LW steps forward. and this, i have a hard time seeing. Dal Colle has stagnated. Bellows is unproven, but promising, IMO. they did pick up a 23 year old by the name of Greer, who plays a similar style to Lee, is a newcomer and may surprise. Koivula is more bottom 6. Wahlstrom is on the verge. it's not that we don't have options, it's that none of them is grabbing the reins.

given the climate and uncertainty, maybe he is worth 2 middling 1sts? a top 10 pick?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
And Yamamoto doesn't?

Does Yams play a 200 ft game,
that would do well in Trotz's defensive first system? I don't know.
I do know that Beau does and has averaged 19 goals a season the last 3 seasons.
Both fan bases are pleased with their player's development. So we are good.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Beau has yet to peak, and is going to be a really good one. top 6. whatever that value is, i guess. on the Isles, all things given... offence, defence, leadership, value... everything... he may only be behind Pelech, Mayfield, and maybe Sorokin. he has valuable playoff experience. his weakness is that he won't punish people with hits, but is really solid in all other facets of the game.

i think the Isles aren't hurting in any area. Goal. D. Forwards. so, i don't feel that they would be compelled to move Beau to shore up a weakness.

if i were GM, i might consider moving him for picks, next year, when he, Pelech, and Sorokin are RFA's, and Cizikas is a UFA. that means trying to free up another 7 mil maybe? and no one coming off the books, except Cizikas. maybe.

and that is if, and only if, another young LW steps forward. and this, i have a hard time seeing. Dal Colle has stagnated. Bellows is unproven, but promising, IMO. they did pick up a 23 year old by the name of Greer, who plays a similar style to Lee, is a newcomer and may surprise. Koivula is more bottom 6. Wahlstrom is on the verge. it's not that we don't have options, it's that none of them is grabbing the reins.

given the climate and uncertainty, maybe he is worth 2 middling 1sts? a top 10 pick?

1.Seattle is gonna take a player/salary next off-season. Leddy's $5.5m? Bailey's $5m? It's too much to hope it will be Ebs $5.5m.
2. Several vets will be down to 1 yr deals,paying $2m-$2.5m in cash, making it easier to trade or buy them out: Uncle Leo, Clutterbuck, Hickey.

3. Ladd has played about 31 games over the last 2 seasons because of back surgery and surgery on each knee. I was surprised that Ladd was not the vet placed on LTIR. I have to think he is buried back in the ahl to get his $1m in salary. We will see if LTIR isn't a path he and Lou take after another season of riding ahl buses.

4. Beau's best friends with Barzal,who according to the press is buying into the " we are so close to winning a SC ,so take a reasonable,short term extension to keep this group together".
If Pulock and Barzal buy that argument,I think Barzal spends the season selling Beau on that same argument.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Isles no interest in

No thanks. Beau plays a 200 ft game and the isles should have no interest in swapping him for Yams.

Tippet plays Yams in the last minute when we have a 1-goal lead... he's a 200ft player too. I'm happier to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad