Post-Game Talk: Another Shit Effort, Another Predictable Loss, Rinse, Repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
It’s the regular season, whine about playoffs during playoff season.
So you’re totally content on this success? Pretty sure everyone knows if you don’t win a cup you failed. And we don’t have one since before lots of fans parents were even born.

I’m here for a cup and nothing else. Regular season wins are good because it means we are learning to win and translate it to the playoffs. As shown above we haven’t translated anything so the regular season wins with this group also mean jack. We aren’t winning with this group, period.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So you’re totally content on this success? Pretty sure everyone knows if you don’t win a cup you failed. And we don’t have one since before lots of fans parents were even born.

I’m here for a cup and nothing else. Regular season wins are good because it means we are learning to win and translate it to the playoffs. As shown above we haven’t translated anything so the regular season wins with this group also mean jack. We aren’t winning with this group, period.
You know when we won the Canadian division almost all “fans” said big deal we didn’t play 3/4 of the league. Well in the playoffs you can win a Cup without playing 3/4 of the invited teams, never mind the 16 that didn’t qualify. But if you think beating 4 teams out of 32 makes you the best, rock on.

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
You know when we won the Canadian division almost all “fans” said big deal we didn’t play 3/4 of the league. Well in the playoffs you can win a Cup without playing 3/4 of the invited teams, never mind the 16 that didn’t qualify. But if you think beating 4 teams out of 32 makes you the best, rock on.
Ok we’re done that’s wild thinking bro. Have a good night

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Totally comparable.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Totally comparable.
Exactly a playoffs winner plays 4 teams over a short period of time, each team for a week. Regular season a team plays everybody at least twice over 6 months (82 games) yet some people think the playoff winner is more accurate at deterring the better team. Too funny! Whatever happened to sample size, doesn’t matter when it doesn’t fit the perspective.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Exactly a playoffs winner plays 4 teams over a short period of time, each team for a week. Regular season a team plays everybody at least twice over 6 months (82 games) yet some people think the playoff winner is more accurate at deterring the better team. Too funny! Whatever happened to sample size, doesn’t matter when it doesn’t fit the perspective.

The playoffs are a different beast. The core four score during the regular season because it’s less intense and less physical. During the regular season, scoring is enough to win. In the playoffs, you have to do more than just score. Once the playoffs start, and the real hockey gets played, we can’t get it done. We’ve got like 7 years I’d sample size.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Think on this guys……it took Vegas less time to win a cup then this core took to win a single bloody round.
Vegas didn’t have any of our supposed supers stars that many here think we couldnt do without.
That is truly pathetic

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The playoffs are a different beast. The core four score during the regular season because it’s less intense and less physical. During the regular season, scoring is enough to win. In the playoffs, you have to do more than just score. Once the playoffs start, and the real hockey gets played, we can’t get it done. We’ve got like 7 years I’d sample size.
Two different games, different rules different format. Whining about playoffs all regular season is obnoxious. And real hockey is played during the regular season.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Every team in the top 12 has a top 4 or cup final playoff finish except us and Pitts (who won multiple cups just 2 years prior)

What a disgrace we are.
Disgrace is a little too far.

Disappointment sure.

There are a lot of teams that havn't even sniffed the playoffs over that same timeframe.

The frustration of 56 years of failure has boiled over.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Exactly. Two different games. Shinny is played during the regular season. Hockey is played during the playoffs.
You must have played tough shinny, concussions, broken bones and the odd fight . I prefer wide open up and down hockey. It also happens to indicate the most skilled team, my opinion ofcourse.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Which 'three amigos'? Matthews, Marner, McMann, Benoit, and McCabe were on the ice.
Nylander is the one who tried to lift MacKinnon's stick who started the breakout that led to the winning goal. I see what why you ask, Willie went straight for line change while 16 and 34 chased MacKinnon down. I guess you are giving Willie a pass, it was poor McMann who got the -1.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nylander is the one who tried to lift MacKinnon's stick who started the breakout that led to the winning goal. I see what why you ask, Willie went straight for line change while 16 and 34 chased MacKinnon down. I guess you are giving Willie a pass, it was poor McMann who got the -1.

Yeah, I was just having fun with you.

That type of thing happens a lot, which is part of why +/- is not good in small sample sizes.

Last playoffs there was at least twice that Willy got the minus for replacing Mitch the same way.

Forwards can get away with that crap better than us poor defencemen. We get the other end - make a play and leave the ice just in time to miss the plus.

Reactions: ToneDog

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
You must have played tough shinny, concussions, broken bones and the odd fight . I prefer wide open up and down hockey. It also happens to indicate the most skilled team, my opinion ofcourse.

Yes, wide open hockey is often win by the most skilled team. That’s why the Leafs have excelled in the regular season.

Reactions: Confucius

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He def made a couple big saves but .870 doesn't scream great game in my books.
Agreed as I always say and both Scotty and Sather said for years -- stats are for excuse makers .. winners win baby .. and Sammy did lose that game .. i was happy that he made played a decent game and survived da net

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Your definition of winning us the President’s Trophy, most people’s definition is the Stanley Cup………

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
LOL what?

Last time I checked they hold Stanley Cup parades not President trophy parades.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Zero to do with hype, it's how Championships are won, in the playoffs. I guess using your warped rationale the Raptors weren't the best team in 2019, the Milwaukee Bucks were. :rolleyes:
Bucks were and it’s not warped, sheesh. Playoffs were invented to keep making cash. Baseball had it correct but they too succumbed to the extra bucks.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Bucks were and it’s not warped, sheesh. Playoffs were invented to keep making cash. Baseball had it correct but they too succumbed to the extra bucks.
If the Bucks were so great how come they couldn't beat the Raptors? MLB has had the World Series Championship since 1903, AKA baseball playoffs. Care to try again?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If the Bucks were so great how come they couldn't beat the Raptors? MLB has had the World Series Championship since 1903, AKA baseball playoffs. Care to try again?
Short series anything can happen. If McDavid is so great how come he couldn’t get a single point in 3 back to back to back games against us? Maybe the better team has a more difficult path to the finals, any number of reasons. Just like Edmonton this season one 10 game stretch they are 2 7 1 worst team in the league. Now 10 0 0 undefeated champs. Short series is luck, playoffs are hype.

Edit to add mlb had national vs American because they never played a game against each other during the season

Hockey playoffs you don’t even play 75% of the teams in the playoffs. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad