Another fight after a clean hit (Brad Stuart obliterates Pietrangelo)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why can't people get this? It's a contact sport, but if you obliterate a star player, you're going to have to fight. If you obliterate Zenon Konopka, that's fine, if you obliterate Erik Karlsson, you have to answer the bell. Why? Because our respective franchises are built around the star players, if your're going to level one of them, be prepared to fight. It's annoying as hell to see people complain about this all the time, get used to it, I'd be pretty annoyed if Karlsson got steamrolled and no one on the Sens thought enough of it to punch the guy who did it in the mouth. But then, the Sens aren't built to take it like pansies anymore (they used to), so thankfully 90% of the time Sens' fans don't have to worry about that happening.
No the thing is is thats not whats happening in the NHL at all anymore. It used to be like that. In this situation with Petro sure I dont blame them for going after him but Stewart did it in just about the dummbest way he possibly could.

However in the NHL you have to fight if you lay out a fourth line scrub the same as you have to if a star is ran

thebus2288*

First of all im not from Orlando but im sure any city in Ukraine is much tougher than the suburb 30 min from Detroit you may live.

HAHA :handclap: The only guys that live IN detroit or go anywhere near joe louis other than game night are chillin outside with my man Hulk.

EATEMUP REDWINGS EATEMUP!!

crashman

HAHA :handclap: The only guys that live IN detroit or go anywhere near joe louis other than game night are chillin outside with my man Hulk.

EATEMUP REDWINGS EATEMUP!!
:laugh: I know that guy! I always give him my change because at least he's entertaining people.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
I think Stuart will think twice before running Petro. I like the message Stewart sent, "you mess with our star players, you are going to get your ass kicked".

Ya..

Somebody prolly shoulda told Johan Franzen who dropped him as well.. And Darren Helm.

Apparently star players only get the St. Louis Blues defense when the hitter is at the end of his shift.. Otherwise, you get Coliacovo'd!

Jumbo*

People crying about this have obviously never played a sport in their live and has no idea what it means to see a teammate getting destroyed by another player. Something called emotions stir up.

I'd much rather team teammates sticking up for each other when someone gets crushed on the ice, clean or not, then some pointless staged fight off a faceoff.

Don't like the fights, then go watch Tennis.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
...and then there would be people calling Stuart a coward.

I'd rather be called a coward than be punched in the face 7-8 times, but that may just be me. I don't understand this from Stuart, of all the times he hits someone and the other team gets riled up, he chooses to answer the bell against...Chris Stewart. At least he earned some respect from his teammates

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Another way as jump starting the Wings?

High hit =/= dirty hit. The hit was clean. If the Wings did the same thing, I'd be annoyed witht hem as well.

The players DO NOT have replay to look at. They see the hit at full speed. If you can not understand how a player watching that at full speed from ice level thinks it could be a questionable hit you need to actually get of the couch quit watching and actually play sports.

name

Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
I'd rather be called a coward than be punched in the face 7-8 times, but that may just be me.

..or maybe be a coward, keep the gloves on, and get jumped anyhow and beat on while turtling Claude Lemieux style. No thanks, he did the right thing.

I don't understand this from Stuart, of all the times he hits someone and the other team gets riled up, he chooses to answer the bell against...Chris Stewart. At least he earned some respect from his teammates

He didn't choose jack, Stewart was going to attack him gloves on or gloves off.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
..or maybe be a coward, keep the gloves on, and get jumped anyhow and beat on while turtling Claude Lemieux style. No thanks, he did the right thing.

No he wasnt, watch the video stuart drops his gloves first, if stewert was just going to kick has ass even if stuart wasnt going to fight he wouldnt have started talking to him and pushing him he would have just started swinging. Stuart had the opportunity to say no and skate away but he choose to drop his gloves and fight

bberilam

Apr 7, 2009
No he wasnt, watch the video stuart drops his gloves first, if stewert was just going to kick has ass even if stuart wasnt going to fight he wouldnt have started talking to him and pushing him he would have just started swinging. Stuart had the opportunity to say no and skate away but he choose to drop his gloves and fight

Exactly, Stuart could have found a way out, he answered stewart and agreed to fight, and that was a monumental mistake.

Gotta like the title of this thread "Obliterates Pietrangelo". If you show someone the hit and the fight and ask them which one was more of an "obliteration" I think you'd come up pretty one-sided.

name

Jan 28, 2003
Visit site

I have watched the video. Stuart dropped his gloves because he knew exactly what Stewart intended to do. Everybody knew what Stewart intended and this is why Stewart received the instigator even though Stuart dropped his gloves first.

name

Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
Exactly, Stuart could have found a way out, he answered stewart and agreed to fight, and that was a monumental mistake.

Gotta like the title of this thread "Obliterates Pietrangelo". If you show someone the hit and the fight and ask them which one was more of an "obliteration" I think you'd come up pretty one-sided.

No doubt, Stewart definitely obliterated his team's chances of winning that game.

HockeyHooligans

TERRORSENKO
Feb 4, 2008
St. Louis
No doubt, Stewart definitely obliterated his team's chances of winning that game.

With a 2 minute penalty he 'obliterated' the Blues chances? lol Good one

When he doesn't score on his short breakaway in the 2nd or 3rd...now that hurts. Game was very winnable for the Blues until late in the 3rd.

name

Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
With a 2 minute penalty he 'obliterated' the Blues chances? lol Good one

Good one, yeah. From the Wings' perspective I'm sure it was.

When he doesn't score on his short breakaway in the 2nd or 3rd...now that hurts. Game was very winnable for the Blues until late in the 3rd.

Hopefully the Blues believe this ^^ tripe too. I really hope that they fail to maintain their composure in the playoffs, I hope they take retaliatory penalties for every big hit made against one of their players. I hope they blame their losses on missed breakaways rather than powerplay goals scored against them as a result of bad penalties.

ZetterBurger

Oct 4, 2011
Detroit, MI

The thing is if Stuart pushes him back and starts jawing, Stewart more than likely drops em and has a huge jump on Brad, probably actually doing some damage.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH

Right, because plays like that happen all the time nowadays right? (Cue someone showing Kaleta getting jumped my McQuaid, or Subban being jumped by some bruin. Conveniently leaving out the fact that those two players have developed a reputation) . Not to mention how many times has Chris Stewart jumped someone? I'll give you a hint, the answer starts with Z and ends with ero.

Seriously

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Why are Detroit fans whining about the play? They werent whining when Abdelkader pull the exact same kind of play on Jones last week in the Detroit/Oilers game.

Fights after a clean hit are part of hockey, get over it. No one wants to see their teammate get crushed and then do nothing about it.

Brent Burns Beard