Tribute Anna and Olivia Appreciation thread

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I really hope they get proactive when it comes to selling tickets.

I've read a few tweets and posts about people waiting to hear back from the organization.

Reactions: OD99

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
FXk1KVnXoAASBSO
I completely agree with this. You can go around the league and find teams with a better top 3 or maybe 4, but almost everywhere you see players in the top 6 that aren't really top 6 but they put up points playing with quality players. Look at Toronto. They had Michael Bunting, a career AHL player, playing top line with Matthews and Marner. Usually, it is Toronto that is in the Giroux business and we're in the Bunting business. Very nice to see our way for a change. It's going to be super hard to defend against this.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Something I've been wondering about with all this money being spent and the new building. We're coming out of a global pandemic where fortunes were made on vaccines. Melnyk was very well positioned to understand the development process and profit from it in the market....a well timed investment in Moderna could have made him hundreds of millions. He made his money in pharma and certainly still well connected.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK

wow who would have thought suddenly acting like a respectable organization and reaching out to the community more and also former players like alfie/redden, and then also showing some ambition with the roster would have such an impact

shame a certain someone couldn't be bothered to do just about any of that. it's been far too long

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I really hope they get proactive when it comes to selling tickets.

I've read a few tweets and posts about people waiting to hear back from the organization.
maybe the org is overwhelmed by the response/demand?

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
wouldn't be surprised if they hardly had any staff due to eugene's treatment of staff and what have you. hopefully we see some investment into the admin side of things and of course marketing

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

It's possible, but you've got to be ready to strike when the iron is hot in this day and age.

When Canada made the World Cup finals, they should have had brand new WC 2022 jerseys ready to sell.

I get that there are all kinds of labour and supply chain issues right now, but people's attention can only be held for so long.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I appreciate them more than Bruce reports in his latest .

I think calling them the two young hotties might be frowned upon.

Maybe making up a word like Melotties would work.

They are gaining popularity which I think is great. Imagine trying to douse that.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
wow who would have thought suddenly acting like a respectable organization and reaching out to the community more and also former players like alfie/redden, and then also showing some ambition with the roster would have such an impact

shame a certain someone couldn't be bothered to do just about any of that. it's been far too long

No no no, we went through this 1.5 billion times here. Melnyk wasn't the problem, it was the fans. The fans had to be the better people.

Look at this reaction. The fans were dying for respectability.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I completely agree with this. You can go around the league and find teams with a better top 3 or maybe 4, but almost everywhere you see players in the top 6 that aren't really top 6 but they put up points playing with quality players. Look at Toronto. They had Michael Bunting, a career AHL player, playing top line with Matthews and Marner. Usually, it is Toronto that is in the Giroux business and we're in the Bunting business. Very nice to see our way for a change. It's going to be super hard to defend against this.
tbf Bunting has become a legitimate top 6 winger. That was a good find by Toronto.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Young female owners are something people can identify with and could be used as an advantage imo, but it's hard to do so without seeing them, so I think it's great that they got their faces out there a little bit at the draft and hopefully it continues if they're planning on sticking with it.

Reactions: Icelevel

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Seems like they're making lots of good decisions. Or put in place the right people to trust to make those decisions.

And they're willing to spend the money necessary to make this team competitive.

Hard to not love what they're doing.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
They should use the girls in the season ticket drive… catch phrase “Game on, see you at the rink!”

Reactions: otown

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
It really is the breath of fresh air everyone needed.

I grew up with their mother. Laura was smoking hot and a very smart woman. I think she ended up being a pretty high profile Accountant.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I was kind of ambivalent but they must have had some say in the greenlight to start spending so I hope they make a run of it and succeed if that's their intention.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Save the daddy’s reputation (at least somewhat). A good goal to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad