Anisimov "Snipes" Garon as celebration, Then brawl; YT in OP

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
@AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Anisimov apologizes to Tampa Bay, says he didn't mean anything by celebration. Was trying to shoot at goal, not Lecavalier.

@NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
Anisimov says he won't do that celebration again and understood immediately why the Lightning were upset

Dude was trying to have fun, did something stupid, not malicious or taunting

Oilbender

Mar 6, 2008
NHL is turning into a soap opera.

For being such alpha males these guys sure are sensitive.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Maybe I haven't watched enough hockey, but WHY is that celebration bad? Are we living in the 20's and we should be gentlemen with no personality. I wouldn't care if someone did that against my team; it's a game - have fun with it for f's suck.
What kind of game do we have if someone can't even do some funny sh•t after they score without getting a penalty and having people wanna fight him. So annoying.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Dude was trying to have fun, did something stupid, not malicious or taunting

I agree. I don't think he meant to taunt the Lightning, but aiming/pointing at the Lightning net was dumb and it's going to interpreted by them that he was trying to taunt them. I think most teams would react the same way and it's good thing for him he didn't do that against a team like Boston.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Tampa did the right thing, they stood up for the goalie and did what every team should have done. If this happend your team im sure you would pissed off and that your team would react in the same way. If they would done nothing I would been ashamed.

Tortorella:

Richards thoughts:

Torts again:

No one is saying it was a funny, good or smart move besides some trolls on a internet forum who doesn't understand the values of respect and honour.

So, as non-NHL'ers , we do not have an understanding of respect or honor? Are these virtues exclusive to NHL hockey players? I personally found the celebration to be funny and refreshing, and the crybaby sissy-***** fest that ensued by the Lightning to be classless. ;)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I liked the celebration. Honestly it's pretty tame by sports standards. Not so tame by NHL standards. On NHL.COM they call Jagr's salute (a very small hand gesture that you could easily miss) one of the 'craziest goal celebrations ever!'.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida

Analyzer*

Understand why Tampa went after him. I don't blame them for doing so.

Selanne shoots in the air, or at his glove, not the net.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Meh. It was a goal celebration, TBL overreacted, IMO. Was it a bit of a jerk move? I think so--hot dogging any goal celebration is a bit uncool. But still, major overreaction from the Bolts.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I don't see anything wrong with his celebration. I thought it was awesome. People in this country will not like it because it's not the "canadian way" but thats mostly the cherry crowd.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Meh. It was a goal celebration, TBL overreacted, IMO. Was it a bit of a jerk move? I think so--hot dogging any goal celebration is a bit uncool. But still, major overreaction from the Bolts.

Maybe, but I much prefer this reaction than the reaction they had to Ovechkins 'flaming stick'.

Much better for Vinny and the team to show some heart than nothing at all. Good sign that the team still cares IMO.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Don't a few of Colorado's players Statsny and somebody,do the "bang bang" dance after they score(Involves dancing together, awkwardly?)

that's way more rehearsed than this spur of the moment thing was. Why isn't there pissing and whining about that?

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Maybe, but I much prefer this reaction than the reaction they had to Ovechkins 'flaming stick'.

Much better for Vinny and the team to show some heart than nothing at all. Good sign that the team still cares IMO.

How is this showing "heart"?

Tampa reacted poorly to a humerous and naive celebration.

This is why i hate North American sports culture. I fun and light hearted goal celebration leads to this?

Tampa reacted in an absolutely pathetic way. ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC. I mean, seriously, it's utterly ridiuclously. Hilarious, but absurd. Downie is a moron

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I find it funny when people say respect the game. It's a game. A game that you're getting paid a boat load of money to play. A children's game. Get over yourselves. People get offended by everything these days. If someone shows you up, suck it up, and take it like a man. You got owned, so accept it.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
In the NHL:

Fistfights: ACCEPTABLE

Staged fistfights: ACCEPTABLE

Excessive celebrations: UNACCEPTABLE

Excessive celebrations which lead to fistfights and gets people talking: ???

Hmmm. Whatcha gonna do NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad