Anisimov "Snipes" Garon as celebration, Then brawl; YT in OP

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Yep Moore has respect for his opponent so he choose not to taunt them,class act.Unlike Artem

:rolleyes:

Yes let's all go to center ice together after every goal, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya.

Players should be able to celebrate however they see fit. Let the players police themselves. I have no problem with how the Lightning responded.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Anyone who thinks Anisimov was taunting the other team or being intentionally disrespectful knows nothing about Anisimov. He's a nice dude, a quiet guy, and he's not one to intentionally do that stuff.

He got caught up celebrating a goal and did something stupid, but it's pretty certain the entire thing was just him having fun and not directed at any Tampa player or the Tampa team in general.

Calling him a terrible person, not classy, etc, is an overreaction when it simply was a dumb mistake on his part but with no malice behind it.

I have no problem with Tampa reacting the way they did either (other than Downie coming off the bench, and the way the refs sorted out the penalties which was complete ********)

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Anyone who thinks Anisimov was taunting the other team or being intentionally disrespectful knows nothing about Anisimov. He's a nice dude, a quiet guy, and he's not one to intentionally do that stuff.

He got caught up celebrating a goal and did something stupid, but it's pretty certain the entire thing was just him having fun and not directed at any Tampa player or the Tampa team in general.

Calling him a terrible person, not classy, etc, is an overreaction when it simply was a dumb mistake on his part but with no malice behind it.

I have no problem with Tampa reacting the way they did either (other than Downie coming off the bench, and the way the refs sorted out the penalties which was complete ********)

What? He pretended to shoot Garon. I think that counts as being "directed" at a Tampa player.

IMO, this is a fine-worthy move. Doubt he'd get suspended, but the NHL probably isn't happy about a guy pretending to "shoot" an opposing player. That's the major difference between this and anything that Ovi has done (still classless, but not something the league should get involved in) or Selanne's "machine gunning" his glove.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

That doesn't matter. He stilled taunted the other team whether he had bad intentions or not.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
What? He pretended to shoot Garon. I think that counts as being "directed" at a Tampa player.

IMO, this is a fine-worthy move. Doubt he'd get suspended, but the NHL probably isn't happy about a guy pretending to "shoot" an opposing player. That's the major difference between this and anything that Ovi has done (still classless, but not something the league should get involved in) or Selanne's "machine gunning" his glove.

yeah, he should have sent him a kiss :shakehead

Vladiator16*

Didn't Shanahan give opposing player a kiss after scoring a goal once?

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Tampa did the right thing, they stood up for the goalie and did what every team should have done. If this happend your team im sure you would pissed off and that your team would react in the same way. If they would done nothing I would been ashamed.

No one is saying it was a funny, good or smart move besides some trolls on a internet forum who doesn't understand the values of respect and honour.

LMAO at standing up for their goalie

Watch out guys there's a sniper on the ice!!!!!!!!!!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I have my doubts he was purposefully pointing at Garon, more like at the net as an object rather than the goaltender as a person.

This is also the first time he's ever done something like this. He's not a show off, flashy player who goes crazy when he scores goals like Ovechkin, and all the comments about "those ****ing Russians" are stupid and uncalled for. There have been plenty of out there goal celebrations done by Canadian players

I don't think it was a taunt at all...I'm not gonna argue that it can't be interpreted as a taunt, but I don't think he was purposefully taunting anyone

I know I sound like a complete apologist but Anisimov has been playing in NA for years, is a really quiet and subdued personality, and just really isn't the kind of players to intentionally taunt or do stuff that other teams would find disrespectful

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
LMAO at standing up for their goalie

Watch out guys there's a sniper on the ice!!!!!!!!!!

28411745.jpg

First Ballot

Sep 16, 2011
Rinkside
I have my doubts he was purposefully pointing at Garon, more like at the net as an object rather than the goaltender as a person.

This is also the first time he's ever done something like this. He's not a show off, flashy player who goes crazy when he scores goals like Ovechkin, and all the comments about "those ****ing Russians" are stupid and uncalled for. There have been plenty of out there goal celebrations done by Canadian players

I don't think it was a taunt at all...I'm not gonna argue that it can't be interpreted as a taunt, but I don't think he was purposefully taunting anyone

I know I sound like a complete apologist but Anisimov has been playing in NA for years, is a really quiet and subdued personality, and just really isn't the kind of players to intentionally taunt or do stuff that other teams would find disrespectful

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You want to see the excitement in a goal celebration, but that one seemed a little over the top...still funny! Herman Munster really took exception though...;)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
That was hilarious. Such a good celebration by Anisimov.

Tampa was very butt-hurt by that one. Made them look pretty stupid going after him like that.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
I can't believe Tampa's gotten upset about this and the Omark thing.

Their players do a showboaty spin-a-rama everytime they get to the shootout. Way to be consistent there.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Decent point but it's not really comparable to what he did this time and that one is also pretty similar to what a lot of NHL players do

e: to clarify, no one's going to consider that taunting, and it's relatively mild in terms of celebrating a goal

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That was hilarious. Such a good celebration by Anisimov.

Tampa was very butt-hurt by that one. Made them look pretty stupid going after him like that.

I can't believe Tampa's gotten upset about this and the Omark thing.

Their players do a showboaty spin-a-rama everytime they get to the shootout. Way to be consistent there.

I guess a lot of hockey people don't seem to understand what taunting is. Tampa responded appropriately.

Really? Derp derp derp. Not the same thing at all. Way to generalize a spin. :help:

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Funny celebration but I find it incredibly tasteless and disrespectful for the opponent which has no place in professional sports. Good for Lecavalier for taking an issue with it and going after Anisimov.

Jumbo*

There are sure a lot of soccer moms in this thread :laugh:

Grow up, he pointed his stick after scoring a goal. NHL.com was showing this off all night on their website, there isn't going to be a fine :laugh:

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I didn't read through 25+ pages, so this may have been mentioned already.

But, this is obviously a side effect of the headshot Anisimov took from Matt Cooke in 2009. He valiantly fought the infection as long as he could, but 2 years later succumbed to the classlessness virus that he was exposed to.

1 game for Anisimov, 4 games for Cooke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad