Andy Iles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
You've seen ever other '92 born goalie and have made a detailed comparison between them, yes?
I can't speak for him, but I can tell you USA Hockey holds Select Festivals for their age groups starting with under 14s. Every year for his age group, Andy Iles has stood out as the top goaltender.

Also for the recent development camp for the '92s, Andy Iles was the clear-cut top goalie out of the group they selected (usually all of the top goaltenders from around the country).

It's been pretty clear in USA hockey circles that Andy Iles is a cut above the crop for his birth year and is the best to come along in quite a few years.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I can't speak for him, but I can tell you USA Hockey holds Select Festivals for their age groups starting with under 14s. Every year for his age group, Andy Iles has stood out as the top goaltender.

Also for the recent development camp for the '92s, Andy Iles was the clear-cut top goalie out of the group they selected (usually all of the top goaltenders from around the country).

It's been pretty clear in USA hockey circles that Andy Iles is a cut above the crop for his birth year and is the best to come along in quite a few years.

And yet that doesn't really mean much to me, especially considering he's a goaltender. I'd bet that in 3 years, Iles will no longer be thought of as the best in his year, even among Americans, simply because this is what always happens. I can't think of many players who were rated so high and kept up that ranking year after year after year. Obviously you have generational talents like Crosby, but that's it. The bottom line is, where you are as a 16 year old means nothing. Most goalies don't peak until 26 or later.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
And yet that doesn't really mean much to me, especially considering he's a goaltender. I'd bet that in 3 years, Iles will no longer be thought of as the best in his year, even among Americans, simply because this is what always happens. I can't think of many players who were rated so high and kept up that ranking year after year after year. Obviously you have generational talents like Crosby, but that's it. The bottom line is, where you are as a 16 year old means nothing. Most goalies don't peak until 26 or later.
Yeah, if you want to come on here and ignore the fact that Iles has been thought highly of for a while, that he's not just a flash in the pan, then trash him by stating the obvious that things could change in three years, you're wasting your time as well as everyone else's time.

I love staal was not claiming that he's going to remain the top goaltender in 3 years, just that he is now, has been for a while, and will remain at least a worthwhile prospect by the time his draft year rolls around. The last American goalie prospect who was hyped like Iles is now, was Joseph Palmer, and he pretty much fell off quickly, did not dominate the development camp to the point Iles did, and he still remained a worthwhile '88 goaltending prospect and was drafted because of it.

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008

He is a very good goalie and has been the clear cut top North American 92 goalie for years and continued that trend with teh way he played at the five nations torunament too. So i am not just speculating I am going off of his play.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah, if you want to come on here and ignore the fact that Iles has been thought highly of for a while, that he's not just a flash in the pan, then trash him by stating the obvious that things could change in three years, you're wasting your time as well as everyone else's time.

I love staal was not claiming that he's going to remain the top goaltender in 3 years, just that he is now, has been for a while, and will remain at least a worthwhile prospect by the time his draft year rolls around. The last American goalie prospect who was hyped like Iles is now, was Joseph Palmer, and he pretty much fell off quickly, did not dominate the development camp to the point Iles did, and he still remained a worthwhile '88 goaltending prospect and was drafted because of it.

I'm not trashing him. I couldn't care less about a 16 year old goalie. I'm just saying that it's comical to hear phrases like "best '92 born goalie". Whatever. Carry on.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I'm not trashing him. I couldn't care less about a 16 year old goalie. I'm just saying that it's comical to hear phrases like "best '92 born goalie". Whatever. Carry on.

No, you're clearly being ignorant. You challenged the initial poster:

You've seen ever other '92 born goalie and have made a detailed comparison between them, yes?

Received a solid answer from someone else, and now suddenly you 'don't care'. If you didn't care, why not say so from the outset? You were proven wrong and are acting in an immature fashion as a result.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
No, you're clearly being ignorant. You challenged the initial poster:

Received a solid answer from someone else, and now suddenly you 'don't care'. If you didn't care, why not say so from the outset? You were proven wrong and are acting in an immature fashion as a result.

So what happened, chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad