Andy Iles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Alright so we all no Iles is a great 92 goalie but is there any one who can compete with him, I ve seen a couple even in new york that can play with him.

never heard of the guy. can you tell me something about him. where does he play and will he play in the CHL or college??

.usa80.

Mar 25, 2007
Andy Iles he played for the syracuse stars and his Ithica high school team, he is getting noticed by some good people and he is considered a top NHL prospect, but it is still early for a 92 to be an NHL prospect

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Andy Iles he played for the syracuse stars and his Ithica high school team, he is getting noticed by some good people and he is considered a top NHL prospect, but it is still early for a 92 to be an NHL prospect

ok. do you know where he is playing next season. and if he will take the CHL or college route. and wich CHL league will he be drafted to??

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Iles, for those who don't know, is a 9th grader playing high school hockey in New York. He is quite simply the best goaltender his age in the world, and may be the best tender drafted in the next ten years.

In the regular season, Iles had 9 SOs, a 0.93 GAA and a 0.960 SV% as he guided the team to a 22-3 season.

.usa80.

Mar 25, 2007
I understand how great he is but i dont quite know if he is the best, do you really think he is the absolute best.

Ive posted something like this before but i think two no name goalies from my area Delaney (Saratoga) and Murnaine (Albany) can both play somewhat as good as him but certainally not better it still makes me think there might be someone better

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I understand how great he is but i dont quite know if he is the best, do you really think he is the absolute best.

Ive posted something like this before but i think two no name goalies from my area Delaney (Saratoga) and Murnaine (Albany) can both play somewhat as good as him but certainally not better it still makes me think there might be someone better

its impossible to know for sure who is the best 92 born goalie in the world. its to early to tell.

there may be a 14-15 year old stud in spain for all i know:sarcasm:

speedway

Oct 6, 2006
Iles, for those who don't know, is a 9th grader playing high school hockey in New York. He is quite simply the best goaltender his age in the world, and may be the best tender drafted in the next ten years.

In the regular season, Iles had 9 SOs, a 0.93 GAA and a 0.960 SV% as he guided the team to a 22-3 season.
It is a disservice to call any 9th grader "the best in the world".Esposito was called the "best 14yr.old in North America" and now people are dissing him right and left and that wasn't even "the world". How about "one of the top goaltenders in his age group in the United States."?

intelpentium

Mar 26, 2007
Ive actually seen that Delaney kid at a tournament in Lake Placid about a month ago believe it or not. Im not saying that he is a top NHL prospect or that he is as good as Iles but that kid can really play goal especially for his size. Most people probably look at him,a short kid and write him off but they got proven wrong, it was an absolute stuff fest. he has a future in hockey if he believes in himself

Cyclone4

Apr 6, 2007
Iles

A little insight into Andy Iles... He is possibly the BEST 92 goaltender in the US if not north america... I haven't viewed enough Canadian 92s to be able to say that though. As for him, the dedication and work ethic this kid has puts alot of pros to shame. He led his HS team to a state title as a freshman with a GAA of .93 and a save % of .96 averaging around 25 shots or so per game. His Syracuse 92 AAA team fell short at nationals in the semi's to LA Hockey Club without him in net cause the coaching staff still had a bug up their behinds about Iles' decision to make a commitment to his HS team through the winter. In a game of such importance, you put the best team you can on the ice to win, and unfortunately for that team, the coaches didn't. This was the third year in four that Iles has been at Nationals (the other year he wasnt eligible) making it to the Semis each time. He produced camp leading numbers at last years U14 national camp with a fractured ankle. He is off to prep next year as he has peaked at the HS level, with nothing more to accomplish there. For how long noone knows, cause the NTDP is waitingto get their hands on him. His biggest downfall could be his lack of size... but he seems to be making up for it with amazing fundamentals, and solid performances when he needs to. Keep an eye or ear out for this kid, cause you wouldn't want to miss the chance of seeing him early if you can get the chance.

hereitis4

Nov 28, 2007
I live in Ithaca, New york and i've seen andy iles, known him for a while he's like the pride of ithaca 2nd to dustin brown. He was in town earlier and went to a practice of mine. he now attends salisbury school in conneticut (prep school) he made a public list of 5 colleges he'd like to attend. cornell, michigan, notre dame, and 2 others i forget

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

My little brother's team played Ithica in some North Eastern tournament last year, it was a very low scoring game (2-1 Ithica I think). I don't really remember Andy Iles. I remember the name Ithica though because I was thinking about how Greek that sounded. Nice to see USA developing some more players.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Hopefully my school makes the playoffs and we play against Salisbury cause all you guys are making curious!

i was reading on their web site. and before the season it said that some other guy that was returning was going to be the starter....

i dont know who is the starter now though. the site didnt have any stats...

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

i was reading on their web site. and before the season it said that some other guy that was returning was going to be the starter....

i dont know who is the starter now though. the site didnt have any stats...

Seniority always rules in HS hockey. I know this from experience because I made alot of enemies on my own team when I became captian as a Junior beating out a kid who was a year older than me and was 'next in line' to be captain.

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
Nicholas Betti is Salisbury's top goalie.

Ironically, Betti was just as highly ranked as Iles is now after the Select 14 Festival for his birth year. There's very little correlation between success as a young age, and success at an older age for goalies.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Nicholas Betti is Salisbury's top goalie.

Ironically, Betti was just as highly ranked as Iles is now after the Select 14 Festival for his birth year. There's very little correlation between success as a young age, and success at an older age for goalies.

Well if you want, you guys can watch them play South Kent on Wednesday.

February 27th at 3:00pm.

Go to http://southkentschool.org/index.php and on the left side of the page, press Live Webcast.

hockeyfreak75

Nov 11, 2008
I noticed a goalie his age as well, from montreal QC, Max Dizgun a 92 DOB very very good. I saw him for the first time at the chowder cup, also while iles was there and watched the 2 of them, both right up there on my list. I believe he is at St. Andrews College in Aurora, ontario. His brother, Michael Dizgun played at Deerfield prep against iles in his last year, Dizgun finished first i believe in the prep league this past year for goalies for the amount of time that he played. His younger brother Max is also a prospect to look out for.

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008
Andy Iles, even though he didn't make the NTDP, is still at this moment the best 92 goalie in America. He is very small and there is little chance that he will go to the OHL. Personally though he is just incredible from what i have seen. He can single handedly keep his team in teh game wiht his agility and incredible athleticism. However, he is only 5 10 and 160 pounds, but I think taht a goalie of his talent will defintely be a great d1 goalie if not a solid pro goalie one day. He just keeps on improving and proving nay sayers wrong about him tapering off. Look for this kid in two years for sure.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Andy Iles, even though he didn't make the NTDP, is still at this moment the best 92 goalie in America. He is very small and there is little chance that he will go to the OHL. Personally though he is just incredible from what i have seen. He can single handedly keep his team in teh game wiht his agility and incredible athleticism. However, he is only 5 10 and 160 pounds, but I think taht a goalie of his talent will defintely be a great d1 goalie if not a solid pro goalie one day. He just keeps on improving and proving nay sayers wrong about him tapering off. Look for this kid in two years for sure.

You've seen ever other '92 born goalie and have made a detailed comparison between them, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->