Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yeah but that's because we had a 3min PP coming up and we needed to burn a minute. Beecher and Boqvist were out there too...
Yea fair enough, but I thought he had a pretty solid game.Main thing here is he will not get over powered around the net like Shatty was vs Blues or Tkachuk killing them last yr in playoffs steady by post.Although Tkachuk did his damage on left side.

Reactions: Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
according to this chart he is the best player on the team :sarcasm:

Also I have no formal training on how to read this chart…. :naughty:
It's gamescore, it's meant to weigh a players productivity in a single game. It takes a players individual contributions, meanings point production, hits, blocks, takeawys, etc. Then it takes a players a player on-ice contributions, means 5v5 goal differential, 5v5 corsi differential, stuff like that. It then weighs each of those things differently, tallies them up and there's your single game gamescore. At least that's my basic understandin of it.

One thing that's worth pointing out is that gamescore doesn't take quality of competition into account yet. So this graph probably shows them being a little more effective then they were considering they were matched up against the bottom 6 of a very bad team. But still they won the minutes they were supposed to win, which matters.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
He didn't get outflanked by a faster team, so the report foot speed trait seems to be true. Some great D men, are neutralized by speed. His size tells me he shouldn't be pushed around too much. The 1st practice interview, while still in his Under Armor showed a huge upper body. We've been missing the next Darth Qater for a while. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Peeke lookin' sleek. Not at all meek or weak.
Need him to patch our D as it's started to leak.
Needs to hit like he's a missile that can heat seek.
Hope he can set up the Geek.
What's that reek?
Time to climb that Montreal peak.
Habs need a good punch in the beak.

Dedicated to @DiggityDog
That poem is certainly sleek.
One like that would take me a week.

• Love
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Peeke and Wotherspoon played protected minutes and did a good job. That's as far as I'll go on this guy until I see more......
Not sure what protective minutes means but on the road I don't believe you have that luxury

They where out against just about every line during the game. If that was the first time we seen Carlo play we would be burning down the village protesting the fact we gave up a third rounder for him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I've liked him so far. Yeah he had a horrible turnover to Deslaurier about 20 minutes ago, but that's life and if it's not a pattern, I'm not concerned.

I won't be throwing confetti yet. I liked Nick Ritchie's first 2 games as a Bruin too, but if he can be a steady 3rd pair guy behind McAvoy and Carlo (and potentially next to Lohrei) like he has been I'll be happy.

Reactions: sarge88 and PB37

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This guy has potential to be a Seidenberg type as his ceiling.

You can say a lot about Sweeney's short comings. But thinking he can't scout a Dman at the pro level?

Look there's been Reilly's, we know. But almost everyone else has been a story of at least getting 10 cents for a penny. sometimes better. Gryz and Forbort were still success stories and they're the worst he's done. On others he clearly smashes it out of the park.

So to want to presume Sweeney didn't spot serious opportunity in Peeke? I dunno. It's betting against a genuine Sweenius talent.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I can see the concern in terms of a tendency to make poor decisions at times, but he also seems like much more of an "impact" defenseman than a typical third-pairing guy.

So far, the good clearly outweighs the bad IMO.

Reactions: CDJ

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I like Peeke at 2.7 more than Carlo at 4.1

I'd like to see him w Lindholm.

If Carlo could play top pairing LD w 73...

Reactions: TCB

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
To bitch about giving up third round pick baffles me
I don’t think the criticism was as much about the future dated 3rd rounder, but more about the contract. A lot of CBJ fans were thinking the team would have to add a sweetener to get out from under the contract. The Bruins took on the full contract without retention and added a 3rd in 2026 or something. National media scored it a big win for CBJ.

Hopefully the Bruins scouts saw something that others didn’t and he blossoms there.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I don’t think the criticism was as much about the future dated 3rd rounder, but more about the contract. A lot of CBJ fans were thinking the team would have to add a sweetener to get out from under the contract. The Bruins took on the full contract without retention and added a 3rd in 2026 or something. National media scored it a big win for CBJ.

Hopefully the Bruins scouts saw something that others didn’t and he blossoms there.
They would have retained for a higher pick. 3rd was sweetspot for both teams. Fair value imo

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can see the concern in terms of a tendency to make poor decisions at times, but he also seems like much more of an "impact" defenseman than a typical third-pairing guy.

So far, the good clearly outweighs the bad IMO.
Exactly

Plus if he didn’t make those bad decisions like that pinch tonight he’d be more expensive and probably pretty hard to acquire. Just have to coach him up some more and we could have a really good one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad