Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I bet he laughed the other night when he saw how bad Shattenkirk is. Then he probably cried when he saw how bad Lohrei and Gryz were.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I always like Kuraly, but I think we have enough of his type on the team...........Now Boone Jenner, now we are talking.

Lauko is the new Kuraly. A lot of energy, but absolutely nothing else.

I don't think they have many like him to be honest. A player who is reliable defensively, low maintenance, can win face-offs, can take defensive zone assignments late in games and can kill penalties. One of the biggest issues on this year's team is the lack of trust in the 4th line to play in key defensive situations and take on penalty killing rolls. It's put more onus on the guys in the top part of the line-up to do both of those things. It's taking it's toll. You need (some) bottom six guys to have PK duty and reliable defensively. The Bruins basically don't have any. Even a 3rd line of JVR-Geekie is risky without the puck.

Lauko couldn't carry Kuraly's jockstrap as far as defensive assignments go.

Reactions: HustleB

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I don't think they have many like him to be honest. A player who is reliable defensively, low maintenance, can win face-offs, can take defensive zone assignments late in games and can kill penalties. One of the biggest issues on this year's team is the lack of trust in the 4th line to play in key defensive situations and take on penalty killing rolls. It's put more onus on the guys in the top part of the line-up to do both of those things. It's taking it's toll. You need (some) bottom six guys to have PK duty and reliable defensively. The Bruins basically don't have any. Even a 3rd line of JVR-Geekie is risky without the puck.

Define defense as it pertains to Sean Kuraly. He’s -31 over the last two seasons. Looks like he might not be all that aware defensively.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

You hope Beecher turns into Kuraly.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You hope Beecher turns into Kuraly.

You do. They did. Problem right now, he's not.

I like what Boqvist has done helping get the 4th line producing and forechecking and maintaining possession. But right now, Monty doesn't let his 4th liners sniff PK duty or hard defensive match-ups and it's a problem. It was the one thing I felt they should of and could of accomplished at the deadline. I don't know how they expect for guys like Coyle or Marchand to have any gas left come say May or June with their current deployment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad