Andrew copp

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
10 Red Wings forwards have been worse than Copp's seasonal average Points/60 in last 7 games.

So don't blame Andrew Copp. He is what he is. It's the others who have regressed lately to Copp's average level or WORSE!

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
10 Red Wings forwards have been worse than Copp's seasonal average Points/60 in last 7 games.

So don't blame Andrew Copp. He is what he is. It's the others who have regressed lately to Copp's average level or WORSE!
Blame on Yzerman, he should be no more than 3 mil per

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kostin, Holl, Copp , Chiarot , Husso are bad contracts. Debrincat and Perron kinda meh

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
The guy brings literally nothing to contribute that all the other forwards cant do better. Except for faceoffs, I guess.

And Holl is a bonafide liability for 2 more years. 3 more for Copp.

Those two alone are 8-9 million of wasted cap…

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

In those same 7 games, Copp has 2 assists as the second highest paid player on the ice. He's playing the worst hockey of his life.

If his core injury is still bothering him, he should do the team a favor and LTIRetire. I'm guessing he gets bought out after Danielson makes the roster.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I remember last year some people were saying Copp is a legit #2 60-65 pt centre lol

I was banking him on being a 20/25=45 two way guy. I was wrong.

He did have a good run for NYR before signing here. Had a great playoff with them. Not including his over PPG when he first joined them.

Yup, swing and a miss on that contract, but he is still serviceable.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I know it would hurt, and is unlikely, but wonder if Yzerman considers a buy-out?

Either that, or maybe flip him for an equally atrocious contract?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I was banking him on being a 20/25=45 two way guy. I was wrong.

He did have a good run for NYR before signing here. Had a great playoff with them. Not including his over PPG when he first joined them.

Yup, swing and a miss on that contract, but he is still serviceable.
His point pace isn't crazy different from his first few seasons in Winnipeg when he wasn't getting a ton of powerplay time...which he's not getting again. Give him more power play time, he probably pops in a 4-8 more points and he's suddenly a 40 to 45 point player again.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I know it would hurt, and is unlikely, but wonder if Yzerman considers a buy-out?

Either that, or maybe flip him for an equally atrocious contract?

A buyout after next season is manageable. Vrana's retention comes off the book at the end of this season, Kailer's next season, and Abby's the season after.

His point pace isn't crazy different from his first few seasons in Winnipeg when he wasn't getting a ton of powerplay time...which he's not getting again. Give him more power play time, he probably pops in a 4-8 more points and he's suddenly a 40 to 45 point player again.

Do you really want to see him on the PP? Right now he's playing like he wants to be healthy scratched, he's lucky the team is shorthanded. He's not even getting any points on the PP.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Problem is, who wants him on the PP? I sure don't. When he has been out there, offence dies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad