Confirmed with Link: Andrew Brunette hired as Associate Coach (3 Year Deal) Weekesy Confirmed

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
FLA had PP problems in that playoff series they played, he even blamed himself on that. If so, hope that was a one-off.

Overall ttis is solid move. Wonder who else NJ will bring in to complement.
I wouldn't even fault him for it aside from giving Ekblad too much leeway. He came back for the playoffs, hopped into that QB slot and the PP never found their groove. It wasn't until it was too late that they swapped back. Game 3 of the Tampa series to be specific and they scored.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty pumped as well. Seemed like he was highly sought after.
I think he saw the writing was on the wall with Ruff and if he wasn't getting a head coaching gig right now, he was definitely taking a job somewhere that a head coach was on the hot seat.

I doubt he was much interested in taking an assistant role with a team that's head coach looks to be there for a while.

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
He is the future HC of the Devils and I am psyched he picked NJ. However, the defensive assistant coach will be the an equally important decision. We can't mess up Hughes and Nemec.
I was under the impression we already have a defensive assistant coach?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was under the impression we already have a defensive assistant coach?
It was Nasreddine, who was fired a few days after the season ended, along with Recchi.

Brunette is the only coaching hire we've yet to hear of since that day.

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
It was Nasreddine, who was fired a few days after the season ended, along with Recchi.

Brunette is the only coaching hire we've yet to hear of since that day.
I just pulled it up

Says we have Chris Taylor under contract as an assistant coach. I thought I read somewhere hes our defensive assistant now

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just pulled it up

Says we have Chris Taylor under contract as an assistant coach. I thought I read somewhere hes our defensive assistant now
I'm not sure what exactly he does, but he was an obvious Ruff crony, as he came in with Ruff and they have history together. Recchi also came on with Ruff, but he wasn't really a Ruff guy.

I'm not completely sure what Taylor does, but most teams seem to have a offense/PP coach, a defense/PK coach and one other guy, which is what Chris Taylor appears to be. Mike Grier was in that role when he was the assistant here briefly and I guess Ryane Clowe before that.

Reactions: BananaGenetics

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Love this signing. I think we’ve all learned that the coaching staff pics can be just as important as player signings. This is huge.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Who are the standout candidates for that position
Not sure, however a key designation of Brunette hiring is that he was hired as an associate coach meaning he probably has a say in who the assistant coach is and be a step ahead of them in reporting structure. This designation is also a clear giveaway that he will be a head coach within the next year.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I know this is small news for today but yes it is weird that this has not been corroborated, and Weekes is not 100%
I mean I'm sure that if he wasn't sure he wouldn't have confirmed it like that, so I'm pretty sure it's legit, but still.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Eliteprospects is just going off this report, come on now. I'll wait for someone else national to confirm or local media to do the same.

Ryan did tweet about it, but seems to be going off Weeke's report. Should get some clarity tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad