Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Vasi is still going to have struggles (and I'm sure the board will jump down his throat again when he does), but it's nice to see him having the success I knew he is capable of. Still way too early for this thread. Wait until the midpoint of next season.

Unless he completely stinks it up, I see people being more lenient with Vasi now. I mean what's the alternative now that Bishop is gone? Budaj and Gudlevskis?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
What the hell is this thread doing here?

Talk about jinx city. This should have been posted AFTER we make the playoffs.

Wow.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
More worried about how Vasi rebounds after this game moreso than having a bad game.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
More worried about how Vasi rebounds after this game moreso than having a bad game.

Would you like the lottery numbers?:laugh:

This is true though. He's gotta take tomorrow to wipe his memory and get back to form.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I am not a huge Vasi fan, but you can't knock a goalie for losing a game when you get blown out 5-0 and go 0-5 on the PP, including a 5 on 3. Unacceptable.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Pretty much what I expected vasy is a young kid has not turned the corner yet! He will still have many ups and downs! I still don't know if he is truly ready for 60 games as a starter next season?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It definitely will not be easy for Vasy to face the Caps after a night like this.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
16 goals against in his last 5 starts and still going this game, his hot streak just got wiped away these past couple games.

We better hope the offense plays to their potential and Cooper gets his head out of his ass because goaltending will not be anywhere close to what it once was. Vasi will probably be an average #1 next season statstically, which should be ok as long as the rest of the team plays well, if the offense starts like they did this season, it's going to be another long ride.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
16 goals against in his last 5 starts and still going this game, his hot streak just got wiped away these past couple games.

We better hope the offense plays to their potential and Cooper gets his head out of his ass because goaltending will not be anywhere close to what it once was. Vasi will probably be an average #1 next season statstically, which should be ok as long as the rest of the team plays well, if the offense starts like they did this season, it's going to be another long ride.

Thats just the whole thing. If this team is playing well, average goaltending would be okay. Problem is, this team has absolutely relied on outstanding goaltending to be good in recent years. Without Bishop being a Vezna candidate, we likely wouldn't have been a consistent playoff team. If we upgrade the defense and stay healthy, Vasi will find his stride. I just don't believe either of those will happen in a needed capacity. Which is a shame. We all know what Vasi should and could be, but as of now he's just going to get run into the ground and be destroyed 50-60% of his games.

I still believe in the kid. But with this team still lacking identity it's hard to know where his future will be.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thats just the whole thing. If this team is playing well, average goaltending would be okay. Problem is, this team has absolutely relied on outstanding goaltending to be good in recent years. Without Bishop being a Vezna candidate, we likely wouldn't have been a consistent playoff team. If we upgrade the defense and stay healthy, Vasi will find his stride. I just don't believe either of those will happen in a needed capacity. Which is a shame. We all know what Vasi should and could be, but as of now he's just going to get run into the ground and be destroyed 50-60% of his games.

I still believe in the kid. But with this team still lacking identity it's hard to know where his future will be.

I mean like I said, even if Vasi plays like an average starter which is fine given his age, then we really need a system that takes advantage of our offense like the game we're seeing now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Going into this game Vasilevskiy is tied for 17th in save%. Of the 16 ahead of him 4 are considered backups, Raanta, Darling, Nilsson and Bernier. So he's top 15 amongst starters and a few points outside the top 10. He's going to have clunkers like tonight but he's not the reason we are on the outside looking in and won't be an issue going forward.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He redeemed himself a bit after coming back in.

Like a lot of our players, he seem's to have an A game and an F game. Nothing in between. If he can't keep consistent, it will be a problem especially because he's a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad