Andrei Kastsitsyn top end potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
DutchLeafsfan said:
Well, according to Stanger31, the reason why he was passed over in the draft was concerns about how his character would develop after all these terrible years with his father, and whether these years had impacted on his character in a negative way. On the other hand you are basically suggesting that O' Sullivan has a bad character, based on some actions of his, while largely ignoring the circumstances of these actions. Personally, based on articles and opinions I have read on the draft, I'd say Stanger31's view is closer to reality than yours.

I never said because his character was an issue, I have continued to maintain that it is not his character, Turnbuckle doesn't understand the word and is making very harsh accusations based on it. They weren't worried about how his character would develop, and not his character at all, but rather that he may not want to play hockey or have the drive for it because of what happened in his life. That is what everything has indicated, that they were worried that his other personal problems would be too intense and severe to allow him to continue on with hockey in the form he would need to keep both mentally and emotionally. I would also question when it was that all the NHL teams actually found out about the problem and learned all the facts of the situation.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
What do you mean by "has turned out to be a better prospect", exactly?

Word of advice, don't even bother responding to him in the future. If you want proof, check out the habs board, it is littered with his racist remarks and thoughtless prospect bashing. Or just have fun playing him along, you are pretty good at doing that as well. :D

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bo said:
Kostantin Korneev, who was the Hab's 9th round pick a year ago was a regular last season in the RSL as an 18 year old. This season he has been picked to the Russian national team at 19. Kosticyn has not been able to break in as a regular at 18. Korneev who was drafted about 250th overall has turned out to be a better prospect than Kosticyn who was drafted 10th overall.

Bo if you going to compare the two, try looking at it more clearly. Korneev played for the worst team in teh RSL last year, that's why it was easier for him to get ice time, as the talent level wasn't there.

Now Kastsistsyn has Zherdev, and a few others on CSKA that it's not as easy to get ice time. Kastsistyn has played in 6 of the 21 games, not great, but why not wait till the season is over to see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad