Andreas Johnsson, A Potential Cinderella Story

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Summary: drafted late like zetterberg, has similar SHL numbers to zetterberg, not as good as zetterberg, might make NHL someday.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Brown looks like the more likely Cinderella story, if I had to choose a prospect drafted outside of the top ~3 rounds.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We have 2.

In an odd twist of fate just as the leafs start to amass several offensive prospects 2 arrive from the past.I can remember the last 2 we had 2 guys this good from so late in the draft.

ForSpareParts*

I am looking forward to bumping this thread at the end of the season or in 4 years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We'll see what happens this year, but even with those Zetterberg type finds they start looking pretty special in a hurry, a la Sebastian Aho who took leaps and bounds in development. Johnson is nice, but we're not getting that sense of meteoric rise from him so far.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
We'll see what happens this year, but even with those Zetterberg type finds they start looking pretty special in a hurry, a la Sebastian Aho who took leaps and bounds in development. Johnson is nice, but we're not getting that sense of meteoric rise from him so far.

Johnsson looked very good before his injury. I think he is still tentative from what happened and he isn't comfortable yet. It's a shame, who knows how he would had that dirty goon scrub not have cheapshotted him.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015

Some people are concerned , that his scoring has slowed down.., but I am seeing a young rookie who is learning the N.A. Defensive game, first... and will be adding his offensive game back, shortly... I've waited a long time., for the day to see him play in the NHL..

Johnsson.0.0.jpeg

Andreas Johnson
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Nov 21 1994 -- Gavle, Sweden
21 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 183

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 Frolunda HC Indians - SHL
52 Games... 19 Goals... 25 Assists... 44 Points... +8
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 SHL PLAYOFFS
16 Games... 2 Goals... 2 Assists... 4 Points... +3
2015-16 Team Sweden - Euro. Hockey Tour
2 Games... 0 Goal... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +/- 0
2015-16 - Frolunda HC Indians - *CHL (*Champions - on loan)
10 Games... 3 Goals... 7 Assists... 10 Points... -3 *PPG
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL PLAYOFFS
2 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -1
*2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
27 Games... 7 Goals... 6 Assists... 13 Points... +3

Sweet Johnsson: Andreas Johnsson 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
How do you write an article about him without mentioning the asthma bit?

Story goes the Leafs scouts figured out he had asthma, which is why he was gassed all the time, and once they told him about it he was diagnosed and really took off

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

Story goes the Leafs scouts figured out he had asthma, which is why he was gassed all the time, and once they told him about it he was diagnosed and really took off

I think that story line is over-played. It's not like he was struggling and a quick asthma diagnosis allowed him to take off. He has been doing well and making a steady progression throughout his career.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 6th highlight-montage for Andreas Johnsson (#11).., picked in 2013- round 7 - #202 overall .., by the Toronto Maple Leafs.....
and now playing Right-Wing position.., in his first rookie season.. with the 2016-17 Toronto Marlies.., in the AHL...

Andrea's finished his first Pro season,, as an iron-man on the Marlies,.., playing every regular season game.., being utilized on both PP & PK...
and ending up with the most goals on the team (20).., for the regular season... A pretty good start.. :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Andreas Johnson
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Nov 21 1994 -- Gavle, Sweden
22 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 185

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 Frolunda HC Indians - SHL
52 Games... 19 Goals... 25 Assists... 44 Points... +8
2015-16 SHL PLAYOFFS
16 Games... 2 Goals... 2 Assists... 4 Points... +3
2015-16 Team Sweden - Euro. Hockey Tour
2 Games... 0 Goal... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +/- 0
2015-16 - Frolunda HC Indians - *CHL (*Champions - on loan)
10 Games... 3 Goals... 7 Assists... 10 Points... -3 *PPG
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL PLAYOFFS
2 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -1
*2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
75 Games... 20 Goals... 27 Assists... 47 Points... +8

includes: All of Andrea's 2016-17 regular season goals (*except one: January 21st 2017.. that was posted, than deleted..)..
... and a few other 2016-17 clips & photos...

Another Rookie Comin': *All Andreas Johnsson 2016-17 Reg.-Season Goals - TML (HD)

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017

I think it was Thommie Bergman, he had gotten the idea from another player who had it that he had scouted. Both went to the dr and got it addressed..i cant remember who it was though maybe Nyquist?

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I love Andreas Johnson hes 6th on my prospect list to be exact HE will be a leaf if you havn't got to see him on the marlies you are missing out !

He can really rip the puck his shot is unreal

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Agree. I think he's closer to the leas than many fans are expecting. Someone who can score and pk is priceless to the current Leafs. But can he play LW replacing JVR? Whom he can replace on the Leafs?

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
As we start to sign our youth to expensive deals, it's players like Johnsson who hopefully will be able to jump in and fill spots in the top 6.

I can see Johnsson or Grundstrom cleaning up rebounds and finishing off 2 on 1s with Matthews in a few years

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
As we start to sign our youth to expensive deals, it's players like Johnsson who hopefully will be able to jump in and fill spots in the top 6.

I can see Johnsson or Grundstrom cleaning up rebounds and finishing off 2 on 1s with Matthews in a few years

We'll need him. Trade Brown for similar aged/potential d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad