Prospect Info: Andre Burakovsky

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Liked him in camp. Thought his hockey instincts were very good, and his 200 foot game, for someone his age, was fantastic. When his side didn't possess the puck he was doggedly trying to get it back.

Tall kid, but he will clearly need to add weight as he is VERY skinny right now.

InfernalDark*

I still remember his father who use to play in 90s in my favourite FEL team, JYP. Great guy.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Hoping he does. Getting a full season in the OHL on the smaller rink would be great.

Him and McDavid would be dominant.

I have no doubt he is going to the OHL if the Caps want him to, signing bonus bribe will work wonders every time.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hoping he does. Getting a full season in the OHL on the smaller rink would be great.

Perhaps even two full seasons. If he does in fact come to Erie, and he has a good first season, and likes it here, he could come back for a second year. I dont believe he will be eligible to play in the AHL in 2014/2015.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Perhaps even two full seasons. If he does in fact come to Erie, and he has a good first season, and likes it here, he could come back for a second year. I dont believe he will be eligible to play in the AHL in 2014/2015.

IINM since he was drafted from Europe he's eligible for AHL at any time - can someone confirm/deny?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
IINM since he was drafted from Europe he's eligible for AHL at any time - can someone confirm/deny?

Yep, you're right, I found the rule. If a player is drafted from Europe (or a college player) they only have to be 18 to play in the AHL. The rule I was referring to only applies to players drafted from the CHL. Still I think its plausible he could play two seasons in Erie, though I'm not counting on it.

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
Any news about André? NJEC is over and Burakovsky was great for team Sweden (best scoring player on team, outscored fellow high draft picks Wennberg and De la Rose) and as far as I remember, he said he'll decide after evaluation camp.

I hope he comes over to Erie, playing with McDavid is great opportunity (I could see André reaching 100 points pretty easily with McDavid as a linemate).

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Great news (if true). Saw him and McDavid play at the NJEC, both looked great and scored one each.

Last edited:

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
signed with caps today
Here's a link in Swedish: http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/august/idag-skrev-andre-pa-for-capitals.html

Quick translation of what he said:
- I signed a three-year-contract today, André reveals.

What happens now?
- I will travel to the camp in September and try to make the team as fast as possible. Maybe I will end up in the AHL or Erie. It's up to Washington to decide now what's the best for me.

When did this appear?
- A while ago. My agent Patrik Aronsson has worked hard now to find a solution and they wanted me to come over. That really shows they believe in me and it's really going to be a lot of fun go there, says André.

Are you counting on playing in the NHL already this year?
- Don't now. We will see. Maybe there will be a couple of games like Filip Forsberg at the end of last season.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Reading the Swedish stuff in my timeline sounds like he views it as done/signed; reading Carrera, Caps saying not done deal, so possible just a matter of getting the contract from the agent and filing it, but sure sounds like plan is for him to be signed now/soon.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Victor Fernandes ‏@GoErieHockey 1m

OTTERS UPDATE: Andre Burahovsky has committed to play for the @ErieOtters. More to come... #erielive

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Burakovsky arriving at training camp tomorrow along with fellow swede Oscar Dansk. Being selfish here but hopefully he doesnt make Washington or Hershey so I get to see him in Erie with McDavid.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Burakovsky arriving at training camp tomorrow along with fellow swede Oscar Dansk. Being selfish here but hopefully he doesnt make Washington or Hershey so I get to see him in Erie with McDavid.

I think there is little chance he can play on the Caps and I doubt they would make him play in the AHL.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Burakovsky sighting!

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
that failed, heres the picture:

Now, he just needs equipment :)

Victor Fernandes ‏@GoErieHockey

"Fans may have to wait another day to see #AndreBurakovsky on the ice for the first time. He's here, but his luggage - and gear - are in Paris #erie"

"@ErieOtters officials hope to find him equipment in time for the 5:30pm scrimmage today"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad