Prospect Info: Andre Burakovsky

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Unfortunately his equipment is still in Paris, so I didnt get to see him play in the red-blue scrimmage today at 5:30. The final red-blue scrimmage is tomorrow at 4 so hopefully its in by then.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Unfortunately his equipment is still in Paris, so I didnt get to see him play in the red-blue scrimmage today at 5:30. The final red-blue scrimmage is tomorrow at 4 so hopefully its in by then.

Thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming! :) Looking forward to seeing him play a little :)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Burakovsky finally got to play today in the final red-blue scrimmage before the final round of cuts tonight. He was on team red, and skated with McDavid and Connor Brown, which will likely be his linemates in the regular season. That trio failed to produce a goal, but they did just about everything but score a goal. They had multiple good chances, Andre got robbed in front by one of our goalies, Brown had a shot hit the post. The defense couldnt get the puck from them until they shot it, they had so much offensive zone time. At time they seemed a little tentative to pull the trigger, especially on the powerplay, but they seemed to be just feeling each other out. It was only their first time playing together, will take more than one skating to gain some chemistry. I'm pretty confident these guys stick together and I think they form one of the best lines in the ohl.

Oh, and random information, but judging from the number on his helmet, Andre will be no. 95 this season.

More to come tomorrow, Erie has their first exhibition @ 5 against Niagara.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Burakovsky finally got to play today in the final red-blue scrimmage before the final round of cuts tonight. He was on team red, and skated with McDavid and Connor Brown, which will likely be his linemates in the regular season. That trio failed to produce a goal, but they did just about everything but score a goal. They had multiple good chances, Andre got robbed in front by one of our goalies, Brown had a shot hit the post. The defense couldnt get the puck from them until they shot it, they had so much offensive zone time. At time they seemed a little tentative to pull the trigger, especially on the powerplay, but they seemed to be just feeling each other out. It was only their first time playing together, will take more than one skating to gain some chemistry. I'm pretty confident these guys stick together and I think they form one of the best lines in the ohl.

Oh, and random information, but judging from the number on his helmet, Andre will be no. 95 this season.

I think it's terrific news that he'll get the chance to play top line minutes on a talented line. Very helpful for developmental purposes to groom him for a top 6 position. :)

Awful. Just terrible news.

Surely he could've picked a less ugly number than 95.

Berezin wore 95 with the Canadiens. Aw yeah, the Caps connections!

romao

May 18, 2010
Kharkiv

I think there was report Andre will wear no.8 in Erie. Maybe currently he plays in his old Malmo Redhawks helmet, he was no.95 while played for them.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think there was report Andre will wear no.8 in Erie. Maybe currently he plays in his old Malmo Redhawks helmet, he was no.95 while played for them.

No, it was the official otters helmet with the no. 95 printed on it. Maybe he will change it before the season begins to 8, but looks like it will be 95.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Awful. Just terrible news.

Surely he could've picked a less ugly number than 95.

Isn't this just another example of a player picking a number based on his birth year? What's the big deal? I mean nobody gave a krap when Crosby picked 87 for the same reason.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Preseason Game #1

Looks like he was 2+1 in a 6-3 win. Sounds like his line was dominant (that McDavid kid was 1+5)

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Back from the scrimmage, and like the previous poster mentioned, the top line was absolutely dominant in Erie's first preseason game against Niagara. Burakovsky 2 goals and 1 assist, Connor Brown 2 goals and 3 assists, McDavid 1 goal and 5 assists, that line had a hand in all 6 goals of Erie's 6-3 win. Andre's second goal was filthy.

Oh, and its official, he's wearing 95.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Andre Burakovsky assigned to the Otters today. Might make it up in time for our second game in Plymouth.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Andre Burakovsky assigned to the Otters today. Might make it up in time for our second game in Plymouth.

and Plymouth is missing two players the Caps have not released, Carrick and Wilson; of course, technically still possible neither goes back to juniors this year, still wait and see mode.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Erie won tonight 2-1, pretty much dominated Plymouth, their goalie played extremely well. Burakovsky had some good chances but did not register a point. You could tell he and McDavid were still trying to figure each other out a bit. That line will be electric though, Connor Brown has stepped his game up to another level besides Andre/Connor.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Erie won tonight 2-1, pretty much dominated Plymouth, their goalie played extremely well. Burakovsky had some good chances but did not register a point. You could tell he and McDavid were still trying to figure each other out a bit. That line will be electric though, Connor Brown has stepped his game up to another level besides Andre/Connor.

Plymouth is missing quite few players at NHL camps aren't they? Wilson and Carrick at the very least are missing.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Burakovsky with a PP goal in a 6-3 win.

Noticed from the +/- stats that Dan Fox is playing with McDavid and Brown not Burakovsky.

GP | Goals | Assists | Points | +/- | PIM
2 | 1 | 0 | 1 |0 | 0

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004

Noticed from the +/- stats that Dan Fox is playing with McDavid and Brown not Burakovsky.

2 | 1 | 0 | 1 |0 | 0

Yes, the reports from last night were the lines were:

from ‏@erieottersnews

Fox-McDavid-Brown, Harper-Curtis-Burakovsky the top two units tonight, same defensive partners as Wednesday vs. Saginaw.

Note, Burakovsky missed a game and some practice time with immigration paperwork issues this week.

Also, note, there's a prospect thread stickied up above.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

2 | 1 | 0 | 1 |0 | 0

Burakovsky got injured in one of the first two periods, then returned in the third period. That's probably why.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Burakovsky got injured in one of the first two periods, then returned in the third period. That's probably why.

Based on the updates I was reading about the game and posted an excerpt above, those were the lines from the start even before he temp. left the game.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Burakovsky did in fact start on that second line, while Fox was on the first with McDavid and Brown. This was probably because:

1. He hadn't been with the team all week, stuck in Toronto dealing with immigration paperwork. During that time Fox-McDavid-Brown practiced together.
2. The Fox-McDavid-Brown combo created a ton of chances against Saginaw, a better team than Sarnia, just couldnt get one past Jake Paterson.
3. When Burakovsky is on that line, there is a pretty noticeable lack of grit, teams can push them around rather easily. With Fox, not so. He is one tough customer and can drop the mits and defend those guys.

I think you're still going to see Burakovsky have a good chance to stick on that first line with McDavid and Brown but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept Fox there and used Burakovsky on the second to spread out that talent. (Burakovsky still did see first line powerplay time last night, Erie uses 4 forwards on the first unit).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad