Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This could really make things interesting in Boston. What happens if Bjork pulls an Heinen with this call-up and forces the team to keep him in the line-up? When Marchand returns, someone has to be the odd man out.
I bring up the Bjork is in over his head posts and a bunch of us mock the poster till Wally tells us to knock it off

Reactions: zaYG and wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bjork was OK. He showed flashes of some offense, but he rarely put together a solid sixty minute effort. Again, he was just OK and went downhill fast. One of my first posts was about him with his head down stradling the blue line. Knew he would get hit like that...That is part of being an NHL player. Knowing how to protect yourself. Hope he is more aware now. That said, i am anxious to see what he has, cause i was not impressed the first time around.

I wonder if he plays with Bergie.....And for how long ?
Just ok.....seriously?

He had his head down and you knew ?

Seriously?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He was definitely better than just "OK". He went downhill? He got injured; a concussion to be exact. I wouldn't really call his coming back going downhill. He just wasn't himself, which is more than understandable. He went back to Providence and has looked great there. We'll see now. Even if he struggles, you don't write him off as a nothing prospect. It seems like you're trending that way though.

Sounds like he's starting with Bergeron. I guess it depends on who he's actually called up for. I believe it's an emergency re-call, but if you can't do that for a suspended player, then he's actually up for Acciari. However, as long as he's up, I'm sure he's in the top 6.

I like to replace the guy that is out with the call up.....I do not like taking someone from another line in that spot then filling that hole with the call up.....That messes with two lines. Not wise. Bjork top six.....???

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I like to replace the guy that is out with the call up.....I do not like taking someone from another line in that spot then filling that hole with the call up.....That messes with two lines. Not wise. Bjork top six.....???

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Bjork seems to be playing in the top 6 tonight with Bergeron and Pastrnak if the line combinations from earlier are what they go with.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bjork was looking pretty good in the couple games before he went down to Providence. Seemed to be seeing the game better, was anticipating the play well, and was playing with more confidence. I'm excited to see what he does with this new chance to play some games with the Bs. I hope he grabs the opportunity and runs with it.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Just ok.....seriously?

He had his head down and you knew ?

Seriously?

My post from OCTOBER 9th .....There it is...Seriously. Thats a scouting report.

We have seen Czarnik last year for a good amount. Not much there IMO. JFK the Jury is out and Kuraly i really like but he is not the same type player Spooner is......Lots of guys were zero today. Not sold on Bork yet, he better learn to keep his head on a swivel. Vetrano's sand is running out of the hour glass with me as well, Schaller looked slow Krug looked good. We have all these kids....We need to have one pan out and become a 30 goal guy....Did not see or read much on Camp, where is Heinen ?sp. I am guessing he did not have a good camp. I was hoping this kid would pan out.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
My post from OCTOBER 9th .....There it is...Seriously. Thats a scouting report.

We have seen Czarnik last year for a good amount. Not much there IMO. JFK the Jury is out and Kuraly i really like but he is not the same type player Spooner is......Lots of guys were zero today. Not sold on Bork yet, he better learn to keep his head on a swivel. Vetrano's sand is running out of the hour glass with me as well, Schaller looked slow Krug looked good. We have all these kids....We need to have one pan out and become a 30 goal guy....Did not see or read much on Camp, where is Heinen ?sp. I am guessing he did not have a good camp. I was hoping this kid would pan out.

October 9th so...... His 2nd career professional game. This is hilarious. "Not sold on Bjork yet," after two NHL games. Good lord. The Heinen take here completes this great post. "I was hoping this kid would pan out". This was after his first full season in the AHL and 8 career NHL games.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
October 9th so...... His 2nd career professional game. This is hilarious. "Not sold on Bjork yet," after two NHL games. Good lord. The Heinen take here completes this great post. "I was hoping this kid would pan out". This was after his first full season in the AHL and 8 career NHL games.
Who said this ?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
That was JP Nolan's post about Bjork. The one he references.
Yes.....I posted it a month before Bjork got concussed....Another time also where i said he needs to stop stradeling the blue line.....It was obvious the kid was gonna get crushed the way he kept leaving himself open....And he did.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Hoping he would pan out was about LAST YEAR...And the Bjork post was deadly accurate....You just cant handle that i am right about the kid....He aint ready....And already tonight he is moved down with Nash.......

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hoping he would pan out was about LAST YEAR...And the Bjork post was deadly accurate....You just cant handle that i am right about the kid....He aint ready....And already tonight he is moved down with Nash.......

You're not right though. That's why it's funny. It's a shame we have so called "fans" who would rather see players fail so they can be right, over having success and bettering the team.

Last edited:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You're not right though. That's why it's funny. It's a shame we have so called "fans" who would rather players fail so they can be right, over having success and bettering the team.
LOL....Thats an ignorant statement.....As fans we evaluate the players...We dont control if they are good or bad. We hope they are good. Just like i hope Bjork is. But if he is not, I call it like it is. You on the other hand play fan boy. The shame is you watch so much hockey and you still cant see the guy is an AHLer at this point.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
LOL....Thats an ignorant statement.....As fans we evaluate the players...We dont control if they are good or bad. We hope they are good. Just like i hope Bjork is. But if he is not, I call it like it is. You on the other hand play fan boy. The shame is you watch so much hockey and you still cant see the guy is an AHLer at this point.

factual incorrectness in this take. high levels. dangerous levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad