Post-Game Talk: ... And a Happy New Year? Jets lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Ugly. Keep in mind that we have a very aptly named goaltending thread for people to discuss our goaltending situation in general.

Discuss the game. Or go out and celebrate that this year is over. I'd recommend the latter.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Hmmm. So what now?

Trouba and Ehlers were the only guys that didn't make me swear. This team has gotten far too easy to play against; particularly in our own end. I would really like to see some more physicality.

Cue the excuse generator.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
2013%2F06%2F12%2F66%2FJackNichols.21e0a.gif

Happy New Year everyone! It looks like it's going to be a Jetacular one at that!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
So I started with the Minni-Columbus game. Lost 5 bucks on the Wild. Switched to the Jets game. All downhill. Hiting the Scotch and enjoying a Pens Habs OT. Only fun I've had all night.

Time to switch into party mode. Happy new year!

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
So I started with the Minni-Columbus game. Lost 5 bucks on the Wild. Switched to the Jets game. All downhill. Hiting the Scotch and enjoying a Pens Habs OT. Only fun I've had all night.

Time to switch into party mode. Happy new year!

Yup-all geared up for today with the juniors and Jets. Wine, cognac and chocolate porter for me so far. Shouldn't get too ugly tho as chinese food is on the way. Noodles and batter good for soaking up etoh.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm at the point that if things don't turn around D soon to purge the whole management and coaching structure. That was pathetic, just pathetic.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I was at the game and I'm not sure you can pin this all on coaching. Nobody was good including Hellebuyck. The coaching is something you can debate but the players themselves also need to self motivate. Not a great game from anyone.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Someone should ask Chevy what exactly he's done other than win the lottery and draft.

Media has no balls though, questions are always generic babble.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Someone should ask Chevy what exactly he's done other than win the lottery and draft.

Media has no balls though, questions are always generic babble.

The talent is there. If Chevy does not fire Maurice then Chevy should be fired for not firing Maurice.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Horrible game.

Goaltending was obviously bad, but they just aren't generating good scoring chances. I think they are cheating too much and need to counterattack more than taking chances. Of course, that's hard to do when the goalies let in every good chance and put the team behind.

I've been really disappointed with Wheeler's play. He's just very poor with the puck, and really bad in his own zone.

Trouba was the only D that was decent tonight. Postma was terrible in his own zone... very weak.

Jets might need to do something to shake things up, but not sure what the answer might be.

I think they should go to a full youth movement. The vets haven't earned a run at the playoffs.

Play Connor. Give Roslovic a look. Another high pick in the draft would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad