Anaheim San Jose , the battle of awful camera angles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Sheesh, sure seems like people will find anything to complain about. i hate Anaheim and really dont care for San Jose but and being a pacific rival i watch plenty of games against those teams and never once have i thought the camera angels were bad.

agree - the camera angles and lighting..... look like every other NHL arena. They're fine. MSG used to have some dark sports on the ice, but they fixed that a few years ago.

OP trying to boost his post totals?? :sarcasm:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
As others have said lighting is the issue with SJ. Being farther away has an advantage of seeing more of the play develop. The Ducks arent even that high up.

The worst is when the camera is really low. You miss a lot of the game away from the puck. I cant remember who has that super low camera.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
OP clearly did not watch last night Marlins-Mets game where the camera was directly behind the pitcher.
Devils have a great camera angle......
I believe St.Louis also recently lowered the camera placement, perhaps some Blues fans can chime in here.....

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
As others have said lighting is the issue with SJ. Being farther away has an advantage of seeing more of the play develop. The Ducks arent even that high up.

The worst is when the camera is really low. You miss a lot of the game away from the puck. I cant remember who has that super low camera.

Panthers do

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Detroit used to have low camera, not sure about Little Caesars, and when fans stood, like the final minute of a game, you couldnt see shit in the most crucial moment

Reactions: Iceman

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
In the 2016 finals NBC acknowledged the problem are moved the camera.

But right after the final, the morons moved it back.....

Anaheim is always the same crap , way up in the nosebleeds

Isn't this just the crews in the truck using different angles? I think you see the same lower vantage point used for replay in the Avs/Sharks game. NBC chose to go with that one for the live feed of the SCF.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Cameras are way too high up, small stick men stating around.... you get no sense of speed and action on the ice. Impossible to see small details, like great dekes and great saves.

Ah ok, well thank you for explaining. As a Sharks fan I have never noticed this issue, and watching other teams games, have never seen enough of a difference to think it matters this much, but to each their own.

I guess I prefer the higher up camera, same for being seated in the first couple rows of the upper bowl, or last rows of the lower bowl at games, as I like to watch the whole play develop, and have not had any issues following the puck with SJ's sky high camera location, but I could understand if someone else wasn't a fan of that.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
If you have game tickets... where would you rather sit, near the playing surface or way up in the stands....... pretty sure 99% would choose the seats close to the ice ..... guess that is why prices are higher there

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I've noticed this for years in San Jose. The cameras are so far from the ice. It's terrible to watch a Sharks game.

Reactions: dkhockey

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If you have game tickets... where would you rather sit, near the playing surface or way up in the stands....... pretty sure 99% would choose the seats close to the ice ..... guess that is why prices are higher there

I always choose lower 300 levels corner in ottawa. Lowers i cant see as much.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I love the Sharks camera angle. You can see much more of the ice, watch plays develop and see what the players are doing off the puck, compare that to that of Florida where it is so low that you are basically watching the puck carrier the entire game, now that is a gross camera angle.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Never heard this about ducks camera before. I love it.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Watched the great camera angle in the Jets game last night when they scored & the picture was all someone's hand & phone celebrating. Clearly better to watch people's heads & hands than the actually play on the ice.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
As a Sharks fan, I can confirm that something about our arena is particularly off, and I think it is actually the lighting.
I have noticed that they are often adjusting the color and lighting of the video in the first minute or two of the game. I wonder if that is because of the bad lighting. Seems odd that they wouldn't calibrate everything during warm ups rather than waiting till the games starts. Although maybe this is just an NHL.tv thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad