Confirmed with Link: [ANA/VGK] Evgenii Dadonov and 2023 or 2024 2nd for John Moore and Ryan Kesler (OFFICIALLY VOIDED)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And Vegas (and the Leafs while we are at it) from here on out will not win a cup.

Honestly man if I say whats on my mind will be banned again, and had a hard time getting my handle back. Yeah sure I’m also a Rangers fan but Anaheim just holds a special place in my heart, and so tired of this team getting F‘d by the league.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Honestly man if I say whats on my mind will be banned again, and had a hard time getting my handle back. Yeah sure I’m also a Rangers fan but Anaheim just holds a special place in my heart, and so tired of this team getting F‘d by the league.
How exactly did Anaheim get f'd by the league?
Vegas f***ed up. It's their fault , not the league which is obligated to follow it's CBA

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How exactly did Anaheim get f'd by the league?
Vegas f***ed up. It's their fault not the league which is obligated to follow it's CBA

It was one of Verbeek‘s best moves at the deadline and it was cancelled. Whatever man, let‘s leave it at that. Yeah you are right it was on Vegas or Ottawa I dunno, but it just still sucks.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It was one of Verbeek‘s best moves at the deadline and it was cancelled. Whatever man, let‘s leave it at that.
You stated the obvious

I asked you a question. How exactly did Anaheim get f'd by the league. The answer is: they didn't. You are blaming the league here when the league did nothing wrong

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
You stated the obvious

I asked you a question. How exactly did Anaheim get f'd by the league. The answer is: they didn't. You are blaming the league here when the league did nothing wrong
The league was negligent by not having some kind of redundancy system in place to make sure that contract details don’t get miscommunicated and lost during the trading process. The league is easily more at fault here than any individual franchise.

Miscommunications are bound to happen eventually over a large enough number of trade calls between gms(people will always eventually make mistakes). The fact that the league didn’t have a contingency for human error is awful.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I have no problem with the idea that the league is ultimately at fault for not putting in a better system, but I think the harm to the Ducks is being oversetated. We're disappointed but not significantly harmed.

I agree with you on this but you never know, there could have been another deal out there that verbeek could have taken had he not tried to take this one.

Tony O

May 31, 2011
Not that it would make a difference, but the Ducks should file a grievance / protest. I think they did incur damages in this situation. If the 10 team list was known up front, the time and effort could have be spent elsewhere during the TD. Maybe another deal could have been made. I'd even make it public. Just to rattle the league's cage.

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
Not that it would make a difference, but the Ducks should file a grievance / protest. I think they did incur damages in this situation. If the 10 team list was known up front, the time and effort could have be spent elsewhere during the TD. Maybe another deal could have been made. I'd even make it public. Just to rattle the league's cage.
Damages have to be provable, otherwise every trade that falls through is potentially an issue because you lost the time and resources needed to make a better trade(?).

Time wasn’t an issue if they made the trade 10 days earlier. The league rejected the trade and everyone kept their assets. It’s unfortunate but a lesson in doing something at the last minute. Vegas/Ottawa messed up in my mind by being wrong about the NTC and I think the issue is there. Really makes you questions how those organizations are managed.

Oct 18, 2011
I guess like others have suggested there's a backdoor way to do this and that's thru waivers. They could put Dadonov on waivers, we claim him and then trade them Kesler and Moore for a 2nd?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
One can easily make a valid case that the league most assuredly did something wrong by not having a system in place to keep proper track of NTC’s.
While true and sure to change Friedman and LeBrun both made good points about it being the agents who wouldn't want this and have possibly fought against it. When they do implement such a system they're gonna have to go to serious lengths to keep it confidential.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
While true and sure to change Friedman and LeBrun both made good points about it being the agents who wouldn't want this and have possibly fought against it. When they do implement such a system they're gonna have to go to serious lengths to keep it confidential.
They don’t necessarily need to know what teams are on it. They could just do what capgeek does and know that it exists, and have a central registry where teams know who and who does not have one, then do their due diligence.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
They don’t necessarily need to know what teams are on it. They could just do what capgeek does and know that it exists, and have a central registry where teams know who and who does not have one, then do their due diligence.
They already do, no trades are in the contracts themselves. That wasn't the issue here. They could set up some kind of verification system or something that acknowledges the lists are in and verified but it's probably not enough at this point.

The stories in LeBrun's article today were wild. One instance some lower level employee accidentally deleted the email, in another the GM got fired shortly after the list was submitted and it got lost along the way. They've been fortunate this was the first time there was a real dispute.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They already do, no trades are in the contracts themselves. That wasn't the issue here. They could set up some kind of verification system or something that acknowledges the lists are in and verified but it's probably not enough at this point.

The stories in LeBrun's article today were wild. One instance some lower level employee accidentally deleted the email, in another the GM got fired shortly after the list was submitted and it got lost along the way. They've been fortunate this was the first time there was a real dispute.
If Ottawa, didn’t tell Vegas or the league that the list had been submitted, then they don’t actually have a centralized system. Agent submits the list to the team and the existence of the list to the team, and there’s a public database run by the league of which players have an active NTC. This isn’t rocket science for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad