Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TOR] Adam Cracknell for Steven Oleksy (Gulls also get Jeff Glass for future considerations)

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Tropp does that better and actually drops the gloves from time to time
I am ignorant of the exact mechanics, but was under the impression that Tropp is on an AHL-only contract, and therefore there would be even more hoops for the Ducks to jump through to bring him up -- can someone clarify or correct me on that?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I am ignorant of the exact mechanics, but was under the impression that Tropp is on an AHL-only contract, and therefore there would be even more hoops for the Ducks to jump through to bring him up -- can someone clarify or correct me on that?
You are correct. They would have to sign him to an NHL contract, then send him through waivers. If unclaimed, he could go to Anaheim.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Last season, Cracknell was the second best goal scorer in Laval (54GP, 27 G 48 PTS). That team's head coach was current San Diego assistant Sylvain Lefebvre, so I imagine the coaching staff has a pretty good idea of what Cracknell brings to the team.

The Sustr recall and Oleksy trade open up two veteran spots for the Gulls, one of which will now be Cracknell. They could now try and waive Street to the AHL to further boost the offense.

The loss of Oleksy stings a bit, but Mahura and Welinski should be huge additions. What was previously this:

Benoit - Sustr
Megna - Schenn
Thompson - Oleksy

Is now something like this:

Megna - Welinski
Mahura - Schenn
Benoit - Thompson

Last edited:
Reactions: Getzmonster

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Last season, Cracknell was the second best goal scorer in Laval (54GP, 27 G 48 PTS). That team's head coach was current San Diego assistant Sylvain Lefebvre, so I imagine the coaching staff has a pretty good idea of what Cracknell brings to the team.

The Sustr recall and Oleksy trade open up two veteran spots for the Gulls, one of which will now be Cracknell. They could now try and waive Street to the AHL to further boost the offense.

The loss of Oleksy stings a bit, but Mahura and Welinski should be huge additions. What was previously this:

Benoit - Sustr
Megna - Schenn
Thompson - Oleksy

Is now something like this:

Megna - Welinski
Mahura - Schenn
Benoit - Thompson

Street cleared waivers on November 29th, meaning he has until December 29th to be assigned to San Diego without needing to re-clear waivers. I'd imagine he stays with Anaheim until Rakell returns to the lineup and/or the inevitable trade for a LHD occurs (pending what we give up in return).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad