Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TB]Ducks acquire Nate Thompson for 4th and 7th round picks

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
For what its worth Eric Stephens is mentioning Perreault being expendable as well.. Personally hate the idea of rolling with Rakell and Thompson as 3C and 4C

Cogs could play C....

Ship off Perreault & Palmieri for a veteran D (RH).

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
He was good enough to be on the USA team at both the 2012 & 2013 World Championships. 2013 was the year they got Bronze with Gibson as the team MVP. He also got 1 vote for the Selke in 2013. One is better than none!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
For what its worth Eric Stephens is mentioning Perreault being expendable as well.. Personally hate the idea of rolling with Rakell and Thompson as 3C and 4C

I like it and don`t like it at the same time.

Of course we could use bigger center (MP plays physical but his size limits it) but he is also one of our rare playmakers. Adding Kesler and Thompson doesn`t help that. Now we will be shooting more maybe? :sarcasm:

If we let MP go i think it means that he asks too much.

From what Bob told before draft, we were interested in resigning him. If now the situation has changed, there`s definitely some reason behind that. Bob wouldn`t change his mind just like that.

In any case idk why but if we let MP go i`ll be even more sad about parting with Bones. But it`s about time is start to get over it...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
this is just giving us a physical lineup/skill lineup

dsp-getz-perry
cogliano-kesler-silf
maroon-perreault-palmieri
beleskey-rakell-etem

dsp-getzlaf-perry
cogliano-kesler-silf
maroon-perreault-palmieri/etem
beleskey-thompson-jackman

thats 14 forwards, then our 7d, 2 g...23

That lower forward group is pretty sweet imo. But i don`t think one of Palms/Etem sits before Jackman. If Etem is in A we need another forward for #13 spot

Completely agree...honestly he is an upgrade over Winnik (who played essentially the same role Thompson played with the Bolts).

He has fantastic speed as well.

For a 4th and 7th rounder? I do that trade every single day of the week.

Just like MP for 4th
Lovejoy for 5th
Jackman for 6th

Give BM lower round pick and he`ll do wonders :laugh:
No all stars but great complementary players imo

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't buy that MP22 is expandable. Seems like speculation from Stephens who doesn't seem to have any sources for those sorts of things.

I Hope I'm right.

Oct 18, 2011
I don't buy that MP22 is expandable. Seems like speculation from Stephens who doesn't seem to have any sources for those sorts of things.

I Hope I'm right.

agreed, imagine how bad our PP could be with the subtractions of both bonino and perreault. Kesler is a good triggerman for the PP but i think overall the two units would be worse, i don't think thompson blocking rakell or replacing perreault is an overall improvement

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Either way, he ussually doesn`t post incorrect facts. Maybe he just speculated because of the ongoing resigning/discussion process? Meaning - well, if Ducks doesn`t come to terms, we have these guys.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The only time Stephens knows anything is when the team announces it or he reads McKenzie. Why anybody would pay real money to read his "behind the paywall" fluff boggles the mind. :shakehead

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Love it. Thompson is a protocol 4th line center with plenty of grit. He's that Jim Slater/Derek MacKenzie type I've been waiting for a while.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`ll just leave it here:

He just loves to break away against Canes i guess :laugh:

Check out YT for more, There are quite a few videos. I like him, thank you Bob!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
IIRC MP is 1 year away from UFA. Might be that we just sign him for one year (he`s arbitration eligible can the arbitration demand a exact amount of years too?) and let go in the future, maybe. To be honest, that might be a good thing if we have a core of Getz-Kes-Thomp and Rakell/Karlsson/Kerdiles coming up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
By the way, from 9 goals scored last season, Thompson scored 2 while shorthanded and one in OT. 6 of 9 on the road

Matt Beleskey and Teemu Selanne scored 9 last year too.

Cogs scored 3 SH, Winnik and Silf both with 2.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Don't know much about him but I like what I'm reading. I'm a little worried for Rakell's future here though, I'd hate to see him go.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Don't know much about him but I like what I'm reading. I'm a little worried for Rakell's future here though, I'd hate to see him go.

This doesn`t mean Rakell goes. He have only 1 AHL season unders his belt. Look at how LA, Tampa etc develop their prospects and how long they play in AHL. We here are a bit too much demanding of when prospect should play in NHL imo.

Rakell was very good in A last year but he can certainly develop more there.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This caught me a bit off-guard but I like the trade. Grit, experience and faceoffs all become less of an issue in our bottom six.

Some people worry about Rakell now, but I think he makes the team on the wing ( still nice to have 5 natural centers around). I have a feeling Palms is on his way out the door.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Like this trade. When I read he might be on the block in Tampa (salary reasons) I wondered if BM would go for him.

Gives us a good defensive forward option in the bottom 6 (and potentially a Winnik replacement).

Don't think it's to replace Perreault either, even at 3m Perreault is a gain for us and a very good offensive forward. Like 2c, 3c has been a problem for us at times since 07 - no need to make it a problem again this season.

Some people worry about Rakell now, but I think he makes the team on the wing ( still nice to have 5 natural centers around). I have a feeling Palms is on his way out the door.
That's the feeling I get as well, while I don't know if it's Palms out I think one of our young wingers is definitely going to be packaged for a defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad