Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TB]Ducks acquire Nate Thompson for 4th and 7th round picks

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Can someone give me a scouting report? I've barely watched the Lightning the last few years. I'm assuming this is our new fourth line center.

member 202355

This guy is a solid fourth line centre. Great pickup Ducks.

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA
For all of you advanced stat people not sure if his numbers are very impressive, but he was an alternate captain for the bolts so I would assume he brings in some leadership and veteran presence to the locker room. Good deal in my opinion.
GM OF THE YEAR BOB MURRAY STRIKES AGAIN!

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I wonder if there'll be a major rotation this year, Thompson and Jackman in for defensive ability and size, physical play, Rakell and Etem in for more offense. Or possibly something else altogether? Be interesting to see what BB has in store.
Or maybe we'll have one less center by the start of the season?:dunno:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can someone give me a scouting report? I've barely watched the Lightning the last few years. I'm assuming this is our new fourth line center.

Great PKer, ok on the dot, physical, good defensively, good skater and isn't a complete plug offensively. I remember he scored his first NHL goal against us as well against Giguere. Would be one of the better 4Cs in the league.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I actually don't know much about him, but I'm encouraged by what Tampa fans are saying.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Love this move for the Ducks. We needed someone to replace Winnik on the PK and in defensive situations.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Nice move here. Can't go wrong with another center just in case and to maybe keep Rakell fighting for a spot. Need to see what other move is coming.

Would have been third in faceoffs on our team last season.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
Well bob is serious about trying to build a stronger team for playoffs. Like mentioned before, I could see a 4th line rotation being utilized. I'd much rather Thompson center the 4th than steckel. Impressive seeing exactly how Murray is trying to construct his team... I'm definitely impressed so far.

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA
Thompson clearly replaces Winnik's role in the lineup, I'm glad Murray realized we need a center like that. But, would much rather give Rakell full time duties in the NHL next season. He really has earned it, but if GMBM doesn't think so, I'll trust his decision.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Thompson clearly replaces Winnik's role in the lineup, I'm glad Murray realized we need a center like that. But, would much rather give Rakell full time duties in the NHL next season. He really has earned it, but if GMBM doesn't think so, I'll trust his decision.

You are far too agreeable.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011

Heart and soul no shifts off works very hard , Fast, good to above average defensively no hands , physical good pker. Played 3rd line center when Stamkos got Hurt

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Or maybe we'll have one less center by the start of the season?:dunno:

Obviously that could be it too, just think they might have confidence in keeping Rakell and Etem, and I know BB liked his rotations last year. Could also be that they don't have confidence in Rakell for next year, as they wanted him in the Kesler trade, and after losing Bonino they knew they had to find another NHL center.

It also could be a bad sign for MP22. Thompson's signed for 3 more seasons at a decent rate. Now, Rakell still has his ELC for two more years, and Kesler's only signed for that amount, but tough to imagine him staying in Norfolk for most of this year, let alone next as well. Rakell can play wing, but there's also a ton of depth there. I'll be the first to admit I'm just playing devil's advocate with this one and find it highly unlikely, but if Perreault's arbitration goes sideways, you never know what might happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad