Proposal: Ana-stl-det

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Ducks need wingers, cost-controlled, yet talented, and need to trade a Dman.

Blues need a replacement for Shattenkirk, cost-controlled, and a lefty.
Blues need a "center" for the future, and buddy for Tarasenko.

Detroit needs a RHPMD and have the cash, but need to jettison some wingers.

:ducks
Tatar
DET 2nd '17

:blues
Fowler
Svechnikov

:wings
Shattenkirk, signed @ 6.5M/7

Thoughts?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This being dependent on a sign and trade makes it impossible from the jump. And I liked it better when Tatar+Sheahan/Jurco/Pulkkinen was the deal. I'd take one of those three adds to Tatar over a second round mystery box.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
This being dependent on a sign and trade makes it impossible from the jump. And I liked it better when Tatar+Sheahan/Jurco/Pulkkinen was the deal. I'd take one of those three adds to Tatar over a second round mystery box.

The Blues are pushing for a sign-and-trade and it is believed that DET is one of the 5 or so places Shatty agreed to do an extension.

Perhaps the 2nd isn't the piece to even things out

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Its not neccesarily a sign and trade the Blues are pushing for, they wont be signing him, they are just letting other teams speak to Shatty about a new contract before the trade

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I guess I missed that detail. My mistake.

Still think the ducks can ask for a better return than that second rounder.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I guess I missed that detail. My mistake.

Still think the ducks can ask for a better return than that second rounder.

I would put Fowler as being more valuable than Tatar, but not by much. Perhaps adding in one of Jurco/Pulkkinen/etc. would work. DET also has a lot of not-so-great defensemen to get rid of.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ducks need wingers, cost-controlled, yet talented, and need to trade a Dman.

Blues need a replacement for Shattenkirk, cost-controlled, and a lefty.
Blues need a "center" for the future, and buddy for Tarasenko.

Detroit needs a RHPMD and have the cash, but need to jettison some wingers.

Tatar
DET 2nd '17

Fowler
Svechnikov

Shattenkirk, signed @ 6.5M/7

Thoughts?
So Detroit gives up the most in the deal Tatar+Svechnikov+Dets 2017 2nd rounder for Shattenkirk and it's not even guaranteed that he would resign there. And Svechnikov is really a LW not a Center he's stronger at LW not the Center spot. Any why would Army move Shattenkirk and then trade for Fowler i thought that Parayko was taking on Shattenkirks position any ways. Wouldn't mind having Shattenkirk long term doubt that he signs for that less would think at least 7x7 to do it.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
So Detroit gives up the most in the deal Tatar+Svechnikov+Dets 2017 2nd rounder for Shattenkirk and it's not even guaranteed that he would resign there. And Svechnikov is really a LW not a Center he's stronger at LW not the Center spot. Any why would Army move Shattenkirk and then trade for Fowler i thought that Parayko was taking on Shattenkirks position any ways. Wouldn't mind having Shattenkirk long term doubt that he signs for that less would think at least 7x7 to do it.

Detroit also gets the best player in the highest demand position, and this doesn't happen unless Shatty agrees to an extension. Lots of centers are strongest at wing. Svech is big enough to play center, and has been great enough at center that he's the prospect the Blues would be interested in. Worse case scenario: Svech is our 2LW after Steen leaves.

Fowler is a lefty, and cheap.

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Fowler Parayko
Gunnarsson Edmundson/Bortuzzo

Shattenkirk is reportedly asking for Petro-money. That's 6.5.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Fowler is Left handed, a position the Blues are weaker at.

Shatty would have a deal in place before, or would be signed before the trade.

Blues have weaker LW depth at the moment after Steen-Schwartz-Fabbri and Steen or Fabbri is going to make the move to center soon so the Blues would still need another LW after next year.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I also think if needed the Blues can send Rattie in the package also to either Anaheim or Detroit, depending on which team needs the +.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
From a Blues perspective I like it.
I think we may need to give Rattie to Detroit as well to even it out a little. Not 100% sure about that.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think if the Ducks get more than just a 2nd as the add this idea makes a lot of sense for all teams

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Value seems reasonable if it's a signed Shatty, if that's the case I'd prob do this. Blues would need to send something to Anaheim imo, they can probably get a little more for Fowler.

Shattenkirk (6.5/7)

Fowler
Svechnikov

Tatar
DET 2017 2nd
STL 2017 2nd

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Value seems reasonable if it's a signed Shatty, if that's the case I'd prob do this. Blues would need to send something to Anaheim imo, they can probably get a little more for Fowler.

Shattenkirk (6.5/7)

Fowler
Svechnikov

Tatar
DET 2017 2nd
STL 2017 2nd

Another mystery box doesn't really make this better for Anaheim. I mean technically it does but ideally we'd be looking for two roster players if possible.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

Shattenkirk (6.5/7)

Fowler
Svechnikov

Tatar
DET 2017 2nd
STL 2017 2nd

I agree that the Ducks could get more for Fowler, but why does STL add? If we look at it this way, I think STL already gives up the highest value.

STL loses Shattenkirk, gains Fowler and Svechnikov
DET loses Svechnikov and Tatar, gains Shattenkirk
ANA loses Fowler, gains Tatar and some kind of compensation.

I would think a signed Shatty is worth Fowler and Svech, and that Fowler is worth a little bit of an add on top of Tatar. Adding more coming from STL unbalances this, imo. Fowler and Svech is not worth Shatty+.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Fowler
Svechnikov

Shattenkirk, signed @6.5M/7

Tatar
Jurco/Pulkkinen

Would this solve the issue?

If you would rather have Rattie, then STL needs a 3rd-2nd round pick coming back from ANA.

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA

Shattenkirk (6.5/7)

Fowler
Svechnikov

Tatar
DET 2017 2nd
STL 2017 2nd

Value isn't bad, but I'd rather just do the deal proposed in one of the other threads that was Tatar+Sheahan for Fowler. Or Tatar+Jurco. Helps Anaheim a lot more in terms of right now. We'll need at least two forwards heading into this next year.

Hush

Jan 28, 2013
Fowler
Svechnikov

Shattenkirk, signed @6.5M/7

Tatar
Jurco/Pulkkinen

Would this solve the issue?

If you would rather have Rattie, then STL needs a 3rd-2nd round pick coming back from ANA.

This only works if Detroit can also trade Ericsson as a cap dump.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Talk is that Army isn't moving Shattenkirk right now, Sounds like he plans on keeping him for the start of the season. Most likely doesn't move him until the TDL Wouldn't surprise me if Detroit doesn't look at bringing Fowler home instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad