Aug 5, 2013
wasn't agozzino on the ducks before? his name sounds familiar

and i'm sure sustr will find his way back at the deadline next year

Reactions: 70sSanO

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Yay... our Megna replacement! The running joke of Sustr will never end...

Instead of freeing up a contract to sign a player with upside or physicality we go for a 32 year old AHL star to help our Gulls get back into the playoffs and to be a call up for Cronin.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
This is a good first step for the Gulls. I know we used to troll on Bob for stuff like this towards the end, but it would be nice for the fans down the 5 to have a competitive product to watch

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yay... our Megna replacement! The running joke of Sustr will never end...

Instead of freeing up a contract to sign a player with upside or physicality we go for a 32 year old AHL star to help our Gulls get back into the playoffs and to be a call up for Cronin.
Are you implying this wasn’t a need for the organization?

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
This is not a particularly interesting trade. However, I think that it is a good move for the Gulls, and for the rookies coming to the Gulls. Getting a solid AHL vet for the team will help those rookies. That is a part of the development program for players during their AHL time. Losing Sustr for anything is a blessing.

Reactions: lwvs84

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
This is not a particularly interesting trade. However, I think that it is a good move for the Gulls, and for the rookies coming to the Gulls. Getting a solid AHL vet for the team will help those rookies. That is a part of the development program for players during their AHL time. Losing Sustr for anything is a blessing.
Lets cross our fingers that Pat re-acquires him again at the trade deadline when we go full tank-mode again. I didn't think we would get to last place but Sustr worked his magic.

Reactions: ReptilianQuack

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is a great move for San Diego. Last year, we were supposed to have LW De Leo and RW Grimaldi leading the forwards, but De Leo was injured for most of the season and we traded Grimaldi away later in the season. Conflate that with probably losing C Groulx, our default 1C, to the NHL club and there's a need for a top centerman in San Diego. Groulx had 39 points in 63 games as our 1C.

Agozzino can be of great to help LW Tracey and/or RW Perreault get back on track!

De Leo - Gawdin- Regenda
Tracey - Agozzino- Perreault
Kirkland - Gaucher - Pastujov
McLaughlin - Lopina - Wiebe
Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad