Confirmed Trade: [ANA/NJD] Vatanen & conditional 3rd for Henrique, Blandisi & a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hall > Henrique
Vatanen > Larsson

LOL, stop trading with Jersey.

Shero comes at you when you are at your most vulnerable and makes an offer you can’t refuse.

Still I think this is a good trade for the Ducks too. Didn’t sound like Sami was fitting in anymore, and they really need forward help with all these injuries.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Hall > Henrique
Vatanen > Larsson

Vatanen is better offensively while Larsson is better defensively. Larsson was signed for a longer time when traded. Vatanen when traded was traded during a season in which he has missed a lot of games because of injury and hasn't been playing and producing as well as he once had been.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Can we remind everyone again that despite Henrique's ebbs and flows, he has never played with a player the caliber of Getzlaf. Think he'll be more consistent with Getzy feeding him the puck

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
If this was the return... I would have rather us have bought out Bieksa, have Vegas picked up a role player like Shaw/Kerdiles/etc, and traded Vatanen for a 1st or prospects... Now it feels like losing Theodore was to only save $3.5 million from Stoners contract.

Would have rather obtained Zacha & Santini... or Galenychuk... who are younger long term players.

Reactions: Spazkat

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He is what he is at this point. He isn’t going to be more then a 50 point player. Maybe he hits 30 goals again but he is more of a 20 goal type of guy. Jersey has absolutely played him with talented guys over the years.

Parise AND Kovy for starters, but he was also given an opportunity next to Hall and couldn’t stick.

He could definitely do a bit better at wing next to a top center as opposed to being the center next to a top winger, but not sure it will improve his numbers that much.

Still a good deal for the Ducks. Just don’t expect the moon from him.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Hall > Henrique
Vatanen > Larsson

I'd prefer Larsson over the Vatanen of the last 1.5 years myself. Now the Vatanen pre extension? I'd take that Vatanen over Larsson all day long, but jury is out whether he's ever getting back to that level.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Question for Devils fans: I know Vatanen gives you a good dynamic but for a team that had struggled offensively before this season started doesnt this screw up what you guys have been doing? I feel like this could put more pressure on Hischer then necessary for the rookie.

Im not saying its a bad move but I'm just curious about how this affects your center depth.
Not really, the offensive revival is really driven by the rookies. Butcher, Nico, and Bratt. Henrique was already clearly behind Nico, Zajac is better defensively if they want to shield the youngins' and Boyle is there because he's the best faceoff guy on the team on a team that is pretty bad at them.

Henrique is versatile, but the Devils have a lot of guys like him. Zacha can play LW/C, so can Quenneville if we need a call up. Blandisi does too although he went in the trade obviously. Henrique is basically being sacrificed because he's older and Shero would of had to sign him when we have a lot of younger, cost controlled guys nipping at his heels. It doesn't make a lot of sense to sign Henrique to $5ish million when Nico and Bratt will need big raises in two years, Butcher (if he keeps this up, which I'm hopeful but don't think is likely) will need a raise in one.

Reactions: NEPA

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Everyone’s seemingly is comparing Vats to Henrique as if the deal was a 1for1 I don’t know the other player the ducks got back that well, but the concensus from devils fans seems to be that the player isn’t a throw in. Also from the sounds of him, “ high energy “ etc . Seems more of a western league and duck fit than anythjng .

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Everyone’s seemingly is comparing Vats to Henrique as if the deal was a 1for1 I don’t know the other player the ducks got back that well, but the concensus from devils fans seems to be that the player isn’t a throw in. Also from the sounds of him, “ high energy “ etc . Seems more of a western league and duck fit than anythjng .

Ehhh he is a throw in. He does have good skill and a high motor, but I really doubt he ever puts it together. He takes way too many penalties, doesn’t play defense, and isn’t the best skater. Also got the whole diving nonsense too

I expect the Ducks send him to the AHL when they are healthy. He could chip in enough to help keep them floating until then so that is not bad all things considered.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Blandisi is not a bad hockey player its just which one are you going to get. He has a great preseason and alot of us thought he would break camp with the Devils but didnt because of Bratt, Coleman, and Gibbons. But thats not a knock on Blandisi he was very good the other 3 were just better.

He is is very skilled but sometimes lacks defensive discipline and also takes dumb penalties sometimes. But he has a chance of being a NHL player in a middle 6 role, with PP time for sure. He has some very nice hands and good speed too.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Definitely can turn out to be a serviceable player for the Ducks, at the very least while they're as injured as they are now. I like Blandisi, he has some good skill and is a real energetic player to have in your bottom 6. He's not all that good defensively though, is prone to fall down quite a bit, and lacks some discipline. For the Ducks, it's a nice little add on. For the Devils, it was mostly a throw-in as he slid too far down the depth chart and there are a good amount of players at or above his level waiting in the wings as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely can turn out to be a serviceable player for the Ducks, at the very least while they're as injured as they are now. I like Blandisi, he has some good skill and is a real energetic player to have in your bottom 6. He's not all that good defensively though, is prone to fall down quite a bit, and lacks some discipline. For the Ducks, it's a nice little add on. For the Devils, it was mostly a throw-in as he slid too far down the depth chart and there are a good amount of players at or above his level waiting in the wings as well.

It was only going to get harder for him as the next wave of prospects start coming into both pro levels.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
“ nice little add on for the ducks “ I like that, and ty everyone for your responses. Really hope it’s a win win for both sides

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Ehhh he is a throw in. He does have good skill and a high motor, but I really doubt he ever puts it together. He takes way too many penalties, doesn’t play defense, and isn’t the best skater. Also got the whole diving nonsense too

I expect the Ducks send him to the AHL when they are healthy. He could chip in enough to help keep them floating until then so that is not bad all things considered.

Ehh, Micah Blake McCurdy summed it up pretty well I think...

More than a throw in, but bottom six guy. I think he'll be real useful to a team that's dealing with a lot of injuries up front.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ehh, Micah Blake McCurdy summed it up pretty well I think...

More than a throw in, but bottom six guy. I think he'll be real useful to a team that's dealing with a lot of injuries up front.

That it is more his ceiling right now. If he can’t stay out of the box or hell stay on his skates he isn’t going to stick.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I'd prefer Larsson over the Vatanen of the last 1.5 years myself. Now the Vatanen pre extension? I'd take that Vatanen over Larsson all day long, but jury is out whether he's ever getting back to that level.

Why wouldn't he? He's 26, not some declining over-the-hill 34 year old. I think our speed game fits Sami perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad