Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks re-sign Korbinian Holzer (1 year, 700K)

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
And yet you listed a d-man that was drafted higher than any d-man Oilers have drafted since Paul Coffey... And that was 36 years ago....
ok? i mean they drafted top 5 every year for a while. Point still stands. They could've drafted defensemen. Vatanen was a 4th round pick. Manson was a 5th rounder, montour was super late second, theodore was late first and so was larsson. Those defensemen are better than what the oilers have. Probably even buffalo

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
He's not the same player as either of those guys. Holzer is a great 7D, but Stoner is a legitimate 3rd pairing guy, and Bieksa as 4/5. If contracts were all equal, it's clearly Bieksa, Stoner, Holzer.

The past season Holzer was arguably better than both Bieksa and Stoner, even if you put contracts aside. Stoner is hardly a legimate third pairing guy at this point, although he was plagued by the injury bug this season.

Last edited:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
The past season Holzer was arguably better than both Bieksa and Stoner, even if you put contracts aside. Stoner is hardly a legimate top pairing guy at this point, although he was plagued by the injury bug this season.

Holzer isn't anywhere near either Stoner or Bieksa. Luckily that doesn't matter to us, because we just need him to be a #7/8 guy here.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Holzer isn't anywhere near either Stoner or Bieksa. Luckily that doesn't matter to us, because we just need him to be a #7/8 guy here.
Agreed. As a Leafs fan I have a soft spot for Holzer, but he's a quality 7D, who can be a passable 6D if necessary. He's definitely not better than Bieksa or Stoner.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
That's not the best argument. Yakupov was the consensus BPA at the time.

Ryan Murray was also up there. He was consensus number two. Even some gms had him ranked higher than Yakupov. The Russian factor is real.

But poor Ryan Murray. The injuries have just piled up for him.

Taking the bpa isn't always the best plan. Just look at the oilers. That has absolutely screwed them over.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That's not the best argument. Yakupov was the consensus BPA at the time.

He may have been the BPA but many questioned his hockey sense and tunnel vision. It was quite obvious he wasn't a sure thing unlike every other number 1 pick.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Bieksa is a #6 at this point. Stoner is a #7. To say that Holzer, who is also a #7, isn't anywhere near them is exaggerating.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think Holzer could handle the minutes Bieksa was being fed. Not that Bieksa could but Holzer would have been more exposed. Stoner I agree with, Holzer is better for less than 1/4 of the price.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This explains the additions of Holzer, Guenin and Schultz... I mean, Anaheim seems to have at least six top-pairing guys on their roster so they obviously need some bottom-pairing guys as well. :handclap:

You mean the best defensive team in the league last year has a good group of defensemen? Shocking....

Once again I'll point out how sad it is you come into every Ducks thread to spew crap just because we didn't like your Tyler Ennis proposal. It happens on these boards every day champ, time to let it go and move on already.

Last edited:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Bieksa is a #6 at this point. Stoner is a #7. To say that Holzer, who is also a #7, isn't anywhere near them is exaggerating.

Neither are used how you described them. Bieksa played 20 minutes a night here, Stoner is definitely a solid 3rd pairing guy who's a step above Holzer. I'm fine with him in spot duty, but there would be a call up before Holzer was ever in a position to where he had to play a string of games in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad