Proposal: Ana - Col

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Vatanen isn't a great fit for Colorado.

For anyone saying Larsson + Jones + 1st or anything else close to that for Duchene no we are not trading something like that for him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Ana
M. Duchene

Col
S. Vatanen
O. Kase
Salary dump
K. Bieksa

Bieksa wouldn't waive to go to Colorado.

Unless Colorado has another trade lined up, Vatanen appears to not make any sense for Colorado.

I don't think there's a chance Duchene winds up in Anaheim. Murray isn't going to give up another 1st round pick after not having one last draft. Let me reiterate that I'm saying what I think Murray will do/think (not that I wouldn't or would). He's also not going to do some of these Jones+Larsson+1st deals like mentioned. Most Murray will offer is Larsson+Kase and maybe a small add (I think Vermette would then be traded in a separate deal to another team). Someone will top that though so despite the fact that I'd love Duchene here, I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell he ends up in Anaheim.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm all for this myself. With the exception that I don't want Steel involved and if Vats isn't the main piece he isnt involved either.
I doubt the avs have much interest in vatanen or steel.

Larsson would be an ideal piece from their perspective and anyone of terry comtois ritchie are prob interesting pieces.

I kinda picture the trade in the realm of bobby ryans value... granted the first is debatable imo. Dmen are premium so i think a 2nd gets it done. Other part is people think anaheim got the 10th pick but honestly when ott got ryan i think most people thought that would be a late 20 pick, anaheim got lucky on that.

But im not sure we even make that move and tbh id rather get bozak for half the price

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Bieksa wouldn't waive to go to Colorado.

Unless Colorado has another trade lined up, Vatanen appears to not make any sense for Colorado.

I don't think there's a chance Duchene winds up in Anaheim. Murray isn't going to give up another 1st round pick after not having one last draft. Let me reiterate that I'm saying what I think Murray will do/think (not that I wouldn't or would). He's also not going to do some of these Jones+Larsson+1st deals like mentioned. Most Murray will offer is Larsson+Kase and maybe a small add (I think Vermette would then be traded in a separate deal to another team). Someone will top that though so despite the fact that I'd love Duchene here, I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell he ends up in Anaheim.
As I see it, we can fit Duchene this year with the cap space we have if we shave some of the roster. Right now we have quite a few extras with the LTIR so we could add him now. If Murray felt inclined he could trade the futures and then in the summer trade Vatanen for futures to restock and clear cap. If you Bridge Montour and with the expected cap increase I think you can manage the cap. That being said you're most likely right. I've built a number of rosters on CapFriendly and it can work.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00