Confirmed Trade: [ANA/CHI] Josiah Slavin for Hunter Drew

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Slavin looked decent last year in AHL but didn't do much in NHL with Hawks

Then he fell off badly this season

Have no clue on this Duck guy but does he have any NHL upside?
Tough kid. I saw him at a prospect camp in Kingston a few years, ended up making it to the Q despite not being drafted into either the OHL or QMJHL. Points to his desire and not letting set backs and disappointment deter him.

Not sure he will ever be a steady NHL player but should be a good organization guy.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Davidson is going to be pissed when he finds out there are two different Slavins.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hunter Drew turns and skates like a boat but has a randomly hard snap shot.... will drop the gloves with anyone. Good locker room guy.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Well then I got a trade for you!

(CGY) Elias Lindholm FOR (NYI) Sebastian Aho

How about this one…

Elias Pettersson (VAN) for Elias Pettersson (VAN)

If this would have been "J Slavin" to the Oilers you know who would have been all proud of himself!

f9442f55-9460-4762-af2d-6932cefb667e-AP_Oilers_Holland_Hockey_EDM1.jpg

Reactions: CupHolders

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Anaheim gets the better of this trade as Josiah Slavin has a little more upside then Hunter Drew.

Slavin has a little grit to him just like his brother, Josiah is also has a good work ethic and is a defensive first forward.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Love this trade as a hawks fan. See if our development coaches can help Drew with skating. But he's got a shot and is physical which we are lacking. Slavin looked muh in his call up last year. And just seems like a future Ahl Captain as his peak.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Is Slavin good enough to get a look at on the Ducks, or straight to SD?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Love this trade as a hawks fan. See if our development coaches can help Drew with skating. But he's got a shot and is physical which we are lacking. Slavin looked muh in his call up last year. And just seems like a future Ahl Captain as his peak.
Drew is already 24 and has been in the Anaheim system for close to 5 years, you get to a point where his skating is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad