OT: An OT thread unlike any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I will never own a truck. But I can't deny that I think they're cool.

Not to mention a hell of a lot safer then a small car, and the utility is amazing to have. The cons are definitely fuel efficiency for city driving, and car sometimes be annoying in tight parking areas. They also hold there value significantly better then any car.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've had two trucks and enjoyed both for their utility at the time. But while one was a chopped down '78 Wagoneer that someone had converted with a bed and the other was a mid-'80's Ford Courier that got ridiculous mileage and allowed me to haul firewood.

When we build down in CR, I intend on finding a lightly used Amarok. We have a friend down there who has one and it is brilliant.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I've wanted to buy a truck for a while too, I still will, just later on in life. Like you it'd be for the cottage and all the great options a truck provides.

For now, I have my own truck for work and she just swallows gas, good ole F350. Put a good 250 in her a week, thank **** I don't pay that. I also wouldn't be surprised to see gas prices go through the roof this summer in Ontario.
F350s are diesel only, correct? What do you pay for diesel?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I've had two trucks and enjoyed both for their utility at the time. But while one was a chopped down '78 Wagoneer that someone had converted with a bed and the other was a mid-'80's Ford Courier that got ridiculous mileage and allowed me to haul firewood.

When we build down in CR, I intend on finding a lightly used Amarok. We have a friend down there who has one and it is brilliant.
Work colleague and his wife (friends of both) have been visiting CR for years for surfing (him and boys) and her (photography) interests. It's their retirement plan. He has a truck converted to run on fryer oil.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
F350s are diesel only, correct? What do you pay for diesel?

Pretty sure we have a F350 gas at my work, so I think they are both.

I can’t wait until we see 10 speed transmissions with Diesel engines on half tons flood the used market in 4-5 years...

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i'm lovin this sabres thread on the main board. haven't laughed so hard in a couple of weeks.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Not to mention a hell of a lot safer then a small car, and the utility is amazing to have. The cons are definitely fuel efficiency for city driving, and car sometimes be annoying in tight parking areas. They also hold there value significantly better then any car.
It's super true. I want a truck deep down, but I will never buy one.

I'm not good enough. It's not good enough.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I’m 25 now, even if I regret buying a truck today I will definitely have one in the future (self driving? Lol) The timing just might not and I think the extra 3-4 grand a year could be better in a savings account.

Yea I'm only 26, f*** your savings account, invest that cash. If I had to get a vehicle right now (I don't have a personal, no need atm) it'd just be some mid-00s civic.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It is a tough car ride home when your son's hockey season ends with a 9-2 tournament championship game loss.

It was a good, not great, season for him and his team.

Now it is modified lacrosse season with his baseball season and his sister's soccer season starting up in May.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I now have a truck that that I don't want that the dealer won't take back, and if I sell privately will probably lose $2 grand on because of taxes. And a car that I thought a would sell for $12 grand that isn't even getting interest at $10 grand. My god did I ever put myself in a shitty stressfull spot. I'm losing my mind here.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I now have a truck that that I don't want that the dealer won't take back, and if I sell privately will probably lose $2 grand on because of taxes. And a car that I thought a would sell for $12 grand that isn't even getting interest at $10 grand. My god did I ever put myself in a ****ty stressfull spot. I'm losing my mind here.
Forgot to note earlier, there has been a massive industry-wide over-production (supply) of vehicles into the North American market (from I believe all mfgs) the past several years. Will take time to work through.

OTOH, if you have an older car free and clear starting to give you problems or you're contemplating upgrading to something newer, now is a great time to be in the used or new buying market.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Forgot to note earlier, there has been a massive industry-wide over-production (supply) of vehicles into the North American market (from I believe all mfgs) the past several years. Will take time to work through.

OTOH, if you have an older car free and clear starting to give you problems or you're contemplating upgrading to something newer, now is a great time to be in the used or new buying market.

I just wish I could rewind 3 weeks and keep my perfectly good car. Life lesson forsure. Good thing is that I haven’t sold it yet at least.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Maybe that's why I've had a such tough time selling my Mazda 3. Sadly I've decided to buy the one car brand and model you simply cannot get a good deal on due to the huge ass waiting list. Oh well, it's pay full retail or wait another 2 years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My daughter showed some restraint this morning. She slept in until 7:00 a.m. before commencing the egg hunt.

Reactions: valet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad