Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Alford's so quiet. I'm used to all the young guys being gregarious and outspoken, it seems weird to see someone who doesn't look like they enjoy interviews. :laugh:

As long as he does his talkin' through his bat and glove, I'm all for it :P.
He does seem a little camera shy.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Alford's so quiet. I'm used to all the young guys being gregarious and outspoken, it seems weird to see someone who doesn't look like they enjoy interviews. :laugh:

Not sure what you are refererencing. Was it a post game interview?
He was having a good time when he talked with me today before the game.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Lance Lynn to Minnesota at 12M for 1 year. Do we like that better than Garcia at 10M for 1 year?

Got to like Lynn better as a pitcher and he likely finishes with better numbers pitching in the AL Central vs the East.

But cant blame the FO. When we signed Garcia Lance Lynn turned 2 years - 20 million from the Twins. So we sign Garcia for 1 year at 10M. Bettet value at the time but now Lynn looks like a better value but not egregious. Garcia looks good in spring training... Lynn still has something to prove as he is a few weeks behind.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Got to like Lynn better as a pitcher and he likely finishes with better numbers pitching in the AL Central vs the East.

But cant blame the FO. When we signed Garcia Lance Lynn turned 2 years - 20 million from the Twins. So we sign Garcia for 1 year at 10M. Bettet value at the time but now Lynn looks like a better value but not egregious. Garcia looks good in spring training... Lynn still has something to prove as he is a few weeks behind.

I just hope Garcia can stay healthy. I know he has been the last few years, but given his history you never know.

Interestingly he had a better WAR (2.1) than Lynn (1.4) last year despite pitching fewer innings.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Nah, as good as Lynn's sinker is, he's probably one of the most predictable pitchers in baseball and he'd get picked apart pretty easily in the AL East.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
28s
There have been more 90s and 91s on scouts’ radar guns for Shohei Ohtani’s fastball today than 95s. He has allowed six runs in three innings to the Tijuana Toros.
I also read that 14 of 15 scouts that have watched him this spring say his bat isn’t mlb ready and needs at least 6 months of polishing. May just be adjusting though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille