Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Toronto Blue Jays preliminary prospect grade breakdown

I am working on the Toronto Blue Jays Top 20 prospects for 2018 list. The first run through the grades gives the following results:

Grade A: Two (no surprise there)
Grade A-: Zero
Grade B+: Zero
Grade B: Five (four of them have a B+ case and may end up there)
Grade B-: Seven (one or two could be Bs)
Grade C+: 24
Grade C: Everyone else

I didn’t get much sleep last night and I am holding off on finalizing the B+/B cases until I have a fresh mind. Four of the five Bs could be B+ but I want to make sure I’m not just too giddy and easily impressed today.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
DXxKNcVVwAAgBgT.jpg:large

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
My first thought was that it's probably Emilio, but Bichette being on the bench probably means we get an actual Vladdy sighting today!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
My first thought was that it's probably Emilio, but Bichette being on the bench probably means we get an actual Vladdy sighting today!

the bluejays tweeted vlad is playing today.

edit: no idea how to put tweets in posts with the system change

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
you know who's getting lots of play this spring?

leblebijian.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I REALLY want Alford to stick around, but don't see that happening for a little while

What do you consider "a little while"? I think he'll get regular at bats at some point this season and be an impact player pretty quickly.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
The Jays all of last year as a team had 5 triples...Alford hit his 3rd of the Spring just a short while ago.

Also Bo Bichette ripped a 2-0 single into leftfield to score Alford after his triple. Bo Bichette 1 for 2 with an RBI.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Yeah later this season. Just not sure how they'll fit him and Hernandez in
I wouldn’t worry about Hernandez impacting Alfords spot on the team. Hernandez still has some serious issues he needs to work on offensively, Alford should be the everyday LF or CF next season IMO, depending on what they do with Pillar.

Reactions: stickty111

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I wouldn’t worry about Hernandez impacting Alfords spot on the team. Hernandez still has some serious issues he needs to work on offensively, Alford should be the everyday LF or CF next season IMO, depending on what they do with Pillar.

Yeah, I like Hernandez a lot, but I like him in that I think he'll be a roughly league average player with a the upside for more and a lot of risk.

I like Alford in that I think he's going to be a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad