All-Time Draft #11, Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
105 - chaosrevolver & Boootthh - Team Soviet Union ON THE CLOCK - 5 hours into a 12 hour window

106 - Reds4Life- Trinec Steelers
107 - Kyle McMahon - Hampton Roads Admirals
108 - Evil Speaker & Sturminator - Boston Bruins
109 - Wisent - Anyang Halla
110 - seventieslord & vancityluongo - Regina Pats

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
C - Sergei Fedorov
sergeifedorov3.jpg

Legends of Hockey said:
If sports experts were to choose the best hockey players in the world for a specific decade, Sergei Fedorov would have a claim on the title of most versatile player of the 1990s. Equally superb at center or on the wing, and a high scorer with outstanding defensive ability, Fedorov is a pure player who has mastered all facets of the game from A to Z. A gifted stickhandler, he can take on two or three opponents at a time. But if he spots a teammate in a better position, he will pass the puck, whether it's a few feet or halfway down the ice.

Fedorov is one of those players who can single-handedly turn the tide in his club's favor, and he frequently sets an example that motivates his teammates when they are in a slump. He has been a consistent performer in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Winter Olympics in Nagano and Salt Lake City and the Spartak Cup tournaments that involve Russian stars of the NHL.

Accomplishments
* NHL All-Rookie Team (1991)
* NHL First All-Star Team (1994)
* Frank J. Selke Trophy (1994, 1996)
* Lester B. Pearson Award (1994)
* Hart Memorial Trophy (1994)
* Played in NHL All-Star Game (1992, 1994, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003)
* 1998 Winter Olympics: Silver Medal
* 2002 Winter Olympics: Bronze Medal
* 2005 Primus Challenge Bowl for World'Stars
* 1989 Ice Hockey World Championships: Gold Medal
* 1990 Ice Hockey World Championships: Gold Medal
* 2008 Ice Hockey World Championships: Gold Medal
* 1st Russian player to reach 1,000 NHL points
* 4th All-Time\RedWings history in points, goals & assists.
* 3 time Stanley Cup Champion: 1997, 1998, 2002, all with Detroit
* 10 30+ Goal Seasons
* 6 45+ Assist Seasons
* 2 100+ Point Seasons
* 1146 points in 1196 regular season games.
* 168 points in 169 playoff games.
* 47 points in 51 internationally staged games.​

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Holy hell...there were two players I had a really hard time passing over in favor of Delvecchio, and both are still out there. It's all coming up Milhouse! Anybody want to take a 2 name list from me?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Thanks for announcing our pick, EB. We're thrilled to add Gardiner to our organization. It's a little earlier than normal for us to select a goaltender, but we couldn't pass up the chance to take the three-time first-team all-star, the charter member of the HHOF and the man who was so instrumental in Chicago's first Cup win in 33.

Delvecchio and Laperriere are awesome picks. Delvecchio was No. 2 on our hit list for this round, and Laperriere was No. 3. Love Delvecchio's two-way play and his hockey sense. He's one of those guys who I believe would have seen his numbers soar if he would have played more in the post-expansion era. Laperriere is solid, the last defenceman available who I believe could be a credible No. 1. (He'll be No. 2 behind Horton on the Leafs).

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Great run last night/this morning guys. Here's hoping another 20 picks go while I'm at work today :D

Last edited:

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
The Bruins select Peter Stastny

My favorite player ever. The second-highest scoring player of the 80s, behind only Gretzky, and the only other player to net 1000 points in that time-span. And despite never winning a Cup, he was a tremendous playoff performer- 105 points in 93 games says it all.

If he doesn't get hurt in '87, he could have gone eight straight years with 100+ points.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
In today's headlines...

Bruins pick a goalie
By Dickie Dunn

The New Westminster Bruins locked up a goaltender early Monday morning during the fourth round of All-Time Draft 11.
Charlie Gardiner, a star netminder in the late 20s and early 30s, will backstop the Bruins this year.
"He's a workhorse," said co-GM God Bless Canada. "He missed four games in his seven-year career. We know that he can handle a heavy workload."
Gardiner was one of the game's early greats. He was named to the first four all-star teams - three times a first-team star (1931, 1932 and 1934) - and once a second-team all-star (1933).
Gardiner also led the league in shutouts twice.
He backstopped the Chicago Blackhawks to their first Stanley Cup championship in 1934 - a somewhat unlikely championship.
"He was pretty awesome that year. A 6-1-1 record, and a goals against average of 1.33," said GBC. "You don't get much better than that."
Tragically, Gardiner died just weeks after winning that Cup championship due to a brain hemorrhage. He was inducted, posthumously, into the Hockey Hall of Fame's charter class in 1945.
"We had Johnny Bower at the top of our list, but we knew he probably wouldn't last to our fourth round pick," said GBC. "(Co-GM) raleh really wanted Billy Smith, and that's the guy we thought we would get, but then he was selected."
If Gardiner would have been picked, the Bruins would have gone in a different direction with their team, and left the goaltender selection for later.
GBC said that Gardiner would be counted on to be the team's unquestioned No. 1 goaltender. A workload of 55 to 60 games is expected.
The Bruins really liked Gardiner's outstanding playoff in 1934, he excellent regular season numbers throughout his career, his consistency, his ability to steal games, his quickness and his ability to outthink opponents.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
My favorite player ever. The second-highest scoring player of the 80s, behind only Gretzky, and the only other player to net 1000 points in that time-span. And despite never winning a Cup, he was a tremendous playoff performer- 105 points in 93 games says it all.

If he doesn't get hurt in '87, he could have gone eight straight years with 100+ points.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Stastny fan, myself. He was a real joy to watch. A little surprised to get Peter at this point in the draft, but centers seem to fall for good value from time to time in this thing. I've never had the luxury of a second liner like Stastny before in an ATD, as I generally try to complete my first units before moving onto the second. In this case, however, there just weren't any defensemen (or goalies) I considered even close to the same value.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Glad to see I got Neely while at work.

While he wasn't the first power forward, he is generally seen as the man for whom the term was popularized. A hitter, a fighter, a leader, and a scorer, Cam could do it all. And he always saved his best for the playoffs.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Two crazy good values still out there
There's a difference between the HOH List on the History Boards and the ATDs in terms of value.

In the former one looks at what has been done in the relative eras whereas in the latter one looks at what would be done across eras in a future fantastic counterfactual hypothetical scenario.

The skillsets of players is a stronger consideration in the ATD.

It really isn't great to measure the value of a ATD pick by the position of a player in the HOH.

And we all know looking at past ATD draft order, especially if just the last one or two, is at best a rough measure because sometimes a guy is picked well earlier than their individual value due to specific team considerations. My NY Raiders for instance drafted Stevens early second round a few drafts ago due to team concept and that distortion of value was perpetuated in subsequent drafts until finally - this draft - he fell back closer to his value relative to others (early 3rd round, 69th overall).

So,... if you are thinking of the same two guys I think you're thinking of, they're not such a good value, will be drafted about where they belong, in the ATD.

Canadiens Fan

Oct 3, 2008
So in an hour, are the next guys ready to roll?

Been ready to roll since the Stastny pick at 11:34 this morning.

At this rate looks like my team will be taking shape this fall. As a rookie is the draft always this slow ??

Canadiens Fan :rant:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad