All-Time Draft #10, Part 4

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Did BM forward camper's list to anyone?

And can anyone take my list and paper's list? I have to leave 90 minutes, Internet access will be very sporadic until tomorrow morning, and raleh won't be around until tomorrow morning, either.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Thanks, buddies. Lists for Le Rocket and Kenora have been sent to HO and MXD. I'll be around for 60-90 minutes, and then it's off to work in Tiger Williams country, and internet access will be sporadic.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The Spiders select Bruce Stuart, re-uniting him with his brother Hod.

P196111S.jpg

Stuart could well be considered one of the first power forwards of the game. Standing over six feet tall, he was a large man for his era, and it should not go unnoticed that his statistical totals included 162 penalty minutes over the same three-year period. He earned a First All-Star Team selection in 1906 to go along with his Second Team selection in 1905.

In 1908, Stuart hooked up with the Montreal Wanderers and participated in the March Stanley Cup challenge series. He contributed eight goals in the three challenge games including four in one game against Winnipeg and the insurance marker in the Wanderers 6-4 victory over Toronto. He was also with the Wanderers when they defended their Cup title against the Edmonton Eskimos in December 1908.

Stuart returned home to Ottawa in 1908-09 and captained the Senators to Stanley Cup wins in both 1909 and 1910, leading the 1910 post-season scoring parade with ten goals in four games. He finished his playing career with the Senators in 1911 after playing three games in the newly-formed National Hockey Association.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
If anyone's interested, I came across Bill Cook's all-star team (of players he played with or against) from 1935.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
The Smoke Eaters take a very unique player who was one of the original superstars of the game.

D/F Graham Drinkwater

One of the most versatile stars of the early days of the game, Graham Drinkwater was a fixture in the Montreal Victorias' lineup. He was a rare breed with an ability to function equally well at the defense and forward positions. Brilliant stickhandling, a natural scoring touch and team-permeating enthusiasm characterized Drinkwater's play. He was an integral component of the Montreal Victorias squad that became hockey's first dynasty with four Stanley Cup triumphs in the 1890s.

Can't go wrong with a player of this pedigree on my third pairing with ol' Battleship. Should also find his way onto the 2nd PP unit.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Bisons select D Doug Barkley

He (Barkley)emerged as a prominent player during the 1963-64 season, when Barkley's 11 goals led all NHL defensemen and were the most tallied by a Red Wings blueliner since Marcel Pronovost also counted 11 times in 1958-59. Barkley's 115 penalty minutes that season were also a team high.

Barkley garnered 25 points as Detroit finished first overall in 1964-65 and was going strong again during the 1965-66 season, with 20 points in 43 games, when tragedy struck.

During the second period of a January 30, 1966 game at the Olympia against the Blackhawks, Barkley was clipped in the right eye by the stick of Chicago's Doug Mohns.

The worst fears were realized. Barkley underwent several more operations in attempts to repair a detached retina, but on June 7, 1966, it was announced he'd lost the sight in his right eye. Barkley was done as a player.

"Losing Doug Barkley was a real blow to the team," Gordie Howe said. "He was developing into an all-star defenseman."

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
A trade between the Detroit Falcons and the Montreal Maroons:

To Detroit:
547th overall
630th overall
659th overall

To Montreal:
585th overall
607th overall
610th overall

Murphy to acknowledge.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Wow, I think I hit the GM's of the last 30 picks with a proposal :).

I thought Jim Pappin and Blair Russel would both fall at 585. When I saw Pappin getting selected, I got really nervous and hit every GM's with proposal to trade up, because after Pappin/Russel, there was a HUGE drop in the kind of player I wanted for my line.

Blair Russel is a fantastic two-way player, a great backchecker who could score goals like few of his time. A Hall of Famer, he was acknowledge as one of the best player of the pre-NHL ERA. He will fit very well alongside Joe Klukay and Ralph Backstrom as one of the best 3rd line in the draft: a line who will work greatly at both way of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad