All-Time Draft #10, Part 4

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
All-X2 started with 13 teams. The 13th selection was Joe Malone.

After a team dropped out, we had a dispersal draft. You could select a player off the roster of that team and drop one of your players, or pass. He dropped Malone and selected Savard.

The real question is: Is the ''infamous'' GM is with us in ATD10?

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
We should perma-ban you for drafting Ed Belfour before Glen Hall and Ken Dryden. ATD2 is hillarious ...
those other 2 bums never played for the leafs :D
Besides eddie is a wild party!!!

link to draft 2

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=67338

One thing that i noticed for myself is wow i took alot of centers in that draft Johnny Bower was my 3rd goalie after fhur and eddie belfour haha

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Rick Middleton and Arrbez are technically skipped so...

The Underwear Team selects the last available player in somebody's Top-100 (see http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=548865 for details), hockey's original Iron Man and a guy we picked in 66% and 75% of the draft we participated in.

LW Murray Murdoch

About his high school buddy, Eddie Shore :
"I knew Eddie when he was 15 and I was 17 and we went to the same school in Winnipeg. He got kicked out for smoking, as I recall. But he became a great defenseman. He had a way of coming around the net and up the ice, weaving along. It was hard to take the puck from him. But because I knew him, I knew you had to get him as he was coming around the net."

About the Kid Line :

"Conacher thought that when he went into the locker room between periods that I was going to go with him. [Along with linemates Paul Thompson and xxxx xxxxx] We shadowed them pretty good. When that line came on the ice, we had to go on against them."

Murdoch led the Rangers in goals and points during 1930 playoffs. One of the REALLY few regular players from that era to have a better PPG ratio in the playoffs than in regular season.

Last edited:

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Murdoch led the league in goals and points during 1930's playoffs.

I'm sure this is just a typo of some sort, but Murdoch didn't do this.

Murdoch scored 7-11-18 in 38 playoff games during the 30's. Marty Barry (the decade playoff scoring leader, if I recall) scored 15-18-33 points in 43 games. Cowley, Dillon, Boucher and Howe all beat Murdoch, as well.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Team Iceland is proud to select, from Trail, British Columbia, the Big Ball of Hate

Ray Ferraro, C

ferraro.jpg

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I hate the add/drop idea. You have trades available to make up for any regrettable picks. Now we're shrinking the pool of great players available for the MLD... not cool.

This is something that should be agreed on by all the GMs prior to the beginning of the draft, otherwise we don't do it.

It does not appear that the thread has actually been created, so I might just be ranting about nothing...

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It's amazing how much the draft has changed.

Looking at ATD1 two things jump out:

Dionne has really fallen since ATD1.

And ******** at 181? I know he was good in 2003, but still...

Can you please take this guy's name out of your post? He's a potential MLD player.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Feeling we lack this type of player on the right side, the Seals grab one of the few first teamers left, slick RW Hakan Loob.

If you think you're offensively deficient on the right side, then Loob is a fantastic pick. An outstanding goal scorer, maybe the best pure goal scorer to ever come out of Sweden. I like versatility from my spare forwards, but trying to fill a need through a spare part is a good idea, too. As long as that spare part has the attitude to accept such a role.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm sure this is just a typo of some sort, but Murdoch didn't do this.

Murdoch scored 7-11-18 in 38 playoff games during the 30's. Marty Barry (the decade playoff scoring leader, if I recall) scored 15-18-33 points in 43 games. Cowley, Dillon, Boucher and Howe all beat Murdoch, as well.

I had it all wrong. He led Rangers in scoring in 1930 (goals and points). He did lead the 1933 playoffs in assists, though. I'll edit straight away.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
If you think you're offensively deficient on the right side, then Loob is a fantastic pick. An outstanding goal scorer, maybe the best pure goal scorer to ever come out of Sweden. I like versatility from my spare forwards, but trying to fill a need through a spare part is a good idea, too. As long as that spare part has the attitude to accept such a role.

I feel the starting forward group has a lot of guys who can move around, a few playing wing can also play center, so I feel like going for maybe a bit more of a home run swing than a single is warranted. I don't think a utility grinder type would really make much of a difference on our squad.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
New Haven is pleased to welcome as head coach the man who chose "Bruins" as Boston's nickname to reflect ..."an untamed animal displaying speed, agility, and cunning", the very definition of the fast, skilled, smart Nighthawks

180px-Nighthawks_de_New_Haven_1973-74.gif

Art Ross
"The dour Scot"

artross.jpg

the winningest coach in Boston Bruins' history

it was he who instilled the Bruins' toughness and aggressive play right from the beginning
http://books.google.ca/books?id=4Mz...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result

As coach Ross won 361 games during four stints as the Bruins' coach between 1924 and 1945, only twice missing the playoffs. Four times they went to the Stanley Cup finals and won it all in 1939. Ross had a habit of stepping away from coaching and doing more general manager and president duties when times were good, going back behind the bench each time the Bruins began to struggle. He is famous for several innovations including of course pulling the goalie to ice an extra attacker.

New Haven pencilled in Ross as its number one on the coaching shortlist once the core of the Silver Seven was drafted, 4 of the 7 original Ottawa skilled bullies who regularly roughed up opposing teams physically as well as running up dominant scores during their multi-year defenses of the Stanley Cup. This is not a team to rack up PIMs per se but instead to be hungry, hard working and hardy, smart, fast and fearless. Getting the skilled rough and tumble Starshinov-Mayorov duo was a bonus to the team concept, as was the aggressive full-speed ahead energy of a young Stewart and pressing Walsh. Joliat, Ching and Tsygankov are total Art Ross types, with Hyland and Smith the only question marks in terms of matching the coach's character, though one is a consistently clutch performer and the other a retro Hart perennial scorer, so their roles are clear enough defined and compatible with the whole. Beliveau and Bourque of course are the even-keeled backbone, the everperforming role models of intelligence and commitment, skill and resilience, that leads this squad.

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
New Haven is pleased to welcome as head coach the man who chose "Bruins" as Boston's nickname to reflect ..."an untamed animal displaying speed, agility, and cunning", the very definition of the fast, skilled, smart Nighthawks

180px-Nighthawks_de_New_Haven_1973-74.gif

Art Ross
"The dour Scot"

artross.jpg

the winningest coach in Boston Bruins' history

http://books.google.ca/books?id=4Mz...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result

As coach Ross won 361 games during four stints as the Bruins' coach between 1924 and 1945, only twice missing the playoffs. Four times they went to the Stanley Cup finals and won it all in 1939. Ross had a habit of stepping away from coaching and doing more general manager and president duties when times were good, going back behind the bench each time the Bruins began to struggle. He is famous for several innovations including of course pulling the goalie to ice an extra attacker.

New Haven pencilled in Ross as its number one on the coaching shortlist once the core of the Silver Seven was drafted, 4 of the 7 original Ottawa skilled bullies who regularly roughed up opposing teams physically as well as running up dominant scores during their multi-year defenses of the Stanley Cup. This is not a team to rack up PIMs per se but instead to be hungry, hard working and hardy, smart, fast and fearless. Getting the skilled rough and tumble Starshinov-Mayorov duo was a bonus to the team concept, as was the aggressive full-speed ahead energy of a young Stewart and pressing Walsh. Joliat, Ching and Tsygankov are total Art Ross types, with Hyland and Smith the only question marks in terms of matching the coach's character, though one is a consistently clutch performer and the other a retro Hart perennial scorer, so their roles are clear enough defined and compatible with the whole.

Art Ross. Damn right he should be selected in the ATD. He is definitely a top-28 coach... bottom-tier, but still top-28. He was my MLD9 coach and I don't recall anyone calling him the best coach in the draft, but I am pretty sure he was. I would have gladly taken him again in MLD10.

So that's 3 forwards, a defenseman, a goalie, and a coach taken from my MLD9 team - almost a whole starting lineup! Can you feel the pride emanating from me?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Are you serious?

We really are way way over the top with this censoring undrafted players stuff.

Totally serious. If we have a 12-team MLD, this guy gets selected as a 2nd line center. We can laugh and joke about Aki Berg and Wade Belak all we like. But if there's any chance of the player being taken in the MLD, my rule of thumb is to not mention them.

I too questioned just how serious we need to be about censoring names, earlier in this draft as you may recall. Obviously the line I draw is just placed differently than the one you draw.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Please PM me the info:

Teams needing to specify who is the Captain and two Alternate captains: Iceland

plus PM me any changes you may feel like making given the line-up assassinations

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad