OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
What does Gendry have to do with Dany going ballistic? Since it wasn't part of the mad queen story line, why bother having him in the episode? Is that detail really needed? D&D know what they're doing, cashing all those checks.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well Lord Gendry needs to convince people he is true heir to Baratheon line

Its all well and good that people up North celebrated you but his actual people will probably need to be won over of course the population has likely been decimated by war losing so many men during Stannis fights

So it wouldn't have made sense for him to travel to KL and fight

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So here's another parallel between early show and end show:

Sansa is the one who spills the secret and gets her dad killed, because she's a little spoiled brat having a tantrum and she doesn't realize what she's really doing.

Then Sansa spilled the Aegon thing. But this time she's fully aware of what she's doing.

That's a quick summary of how far a character has come via two parallel acts.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I said Sansa. I think it is not going to be Jon or Dany at this point, and Arya doesn't seem to want it. Tyrion I don't think would be accepted by the masses. Gendry is going to go to Storm's End and marry Arya. No one else really makes any sense.
In your prediction of Arya, do the Hound's word change her heart toward becoming a lady as well? There's a snippet of her in audience as Dany presents to the survivors of KL, in the teaser for next week. Gendry was not (visibly) at her side.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well Lord Gendry needs to convince people he is true heir to Baratheon line

Its all well and good that people up North celebrated you but his actual people will probably need to be won over of course the population has likely been decimated by war losing so many men during Stannis fights

So it wouldn't have made sense for him to travel to KL and fight

Yeah, and the fastest way to do that would be to be hanging with the Queen though.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
So here's another parallel between early show and end show:

Sansa is the one who spills the secret and gets her dad killed, because she's a little spoiled brat having a tantrum and she doesn't realize what she's really doing.

Then Sansa spilled the Aegon thing. But this time she's fully aware of what she's doing.

That's a quick summary of how far a character has come via two parallel acts.
That is good writing.

And exactly what Dany predicted would happen.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Her wardrobe mirroring Cersei hasn't gone unnoticed either, I just don't know what to make of that yet.

Her close up/make up when they finally show her in the 5th episode is very mad king esque as well. Clearly very distraught and mentally not processing the previous few episodes worth of action/storyline very well.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
In your prediction of Arya, do the Hound's word change her heart toward becoming a lady as well? There's a snippet of her in audience as Dany presents to the survivors of KL, in the teaser for next week. Gendry was not (visibly) at her side.
Yes, as I said in the last thread I am very disappointed in how Arya SEEMS to be turning out. I don't think it made a lick of sense to have get to where she is in the show, kill the Night King (and Little Finger, and the Frays and the list of others she got to or wanted to get to but was beaten to the punch), go all the way to KL to kill Cersei, get to Cersei, then change her mind entirely and try to escape. So why wouldn't she run home to Gendry and marry him? What the f*** else is she going to do? I have not seen the teaser yet but I wouldn't put much stock in it. She should have died trying to kill Cersei, or she should have killed Cersei. To have her say "f*** it I am not going to kill Cersei" but then turn around and presumably go kill Dany...why? Cersei was pretty much number one on her list the entire time and she gave up two seconds before completing it. But now she's gonna kill Dany (or whatever the other options are) and not go home and marry Gendry? Doesn't make sense. Sorry for the visibly irritated response but Arya was like my favorite character on this show and probably any other show and I just feel like they ruined her. Haha.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Her close up/make up when they finally show her in the 5th episode is very mad king esque as well. Clearly very distraught and mentally not processing the previous few episodes worth of action/storyline very well.

Oh I'm talking about Sansa.

I don't necessarily think she's mad, but they might be showing she has ambition beyond her current station

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Jon kills Greyworm and Dany, then retires up North and Sansa sits on the throne with Tyrion as her hand.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am getting laugh at some of the people who named daughters Khaleesi getting upset over events from Sunday

I have suggested a friend of mine who is pregnant with twins to name them Sansa and Missandei. She never watched show though and didn't think Sansa was good name

Didn't rule out Missandei though

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ah, I misread that then, my bad. Re-reading that, the parallel definitely makes sense.

It's how Cersei started; she wasn't always mad. Ruthless and ambitious, but she doesn't start losing grip until later.

I think Jon keys Greyworm and Dany, then retires up North and Sansa sits on the throne with Tyrion as her hand.

I expect Tyrion to be executed shortly.

Reactions: Starat327

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am getting laugh at some of the people who named daughters Khaleesi getting upset over events from Sunday

I have suggested a friend of mine who is pregnant with twins to name them Sansa and Missandei. She never watched show though and didn't think Sansa was good name

Didn't rule out Missandei though

My next door neighboor has a 2 year old daughter named Arya Stark Kaiser.

• Wow

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Yes, as I said in the last thread I am very disappointed in how Arya SEEMS to be turning out. I don't think it made a lick of sense to have get to where she is in the show, kill the Night King (and Little Finger, and the Frays and the list of others she got to or wanted to get to but was beaten to the punch), go all the way to KL to kill Cersei, get to Cersei, then change her mind entirely and try to escape. So why wouldn't she run home to Gendry and marry him? What the **** else is she going to do? I have not seen the teaser yet but I wouldn't put much stock in it. She should have died trying to kill Cersei, or she should have killed Cersei. To have her say "**** it I am not going to kill Cersei" but then turn around and presumably go kill Dany...why? Cersei was pretty much number one on her list the entire time and she gave up two seconds before completing it. But now she's gonna kill Dany (or whatever the other options are) and not go home and marry Gendry? Doesn't make sense. Sorry for the visibly irritated response but Arya was like my favorite character on this show and probably any other show and I just feel like they ruined her. Haha.
No judgement, just curious the bigger picture of your prediction.

The snippet was super brief. Dany is atop the stairs of the remainder of the Red Keep (or maybe whatever's left of the Great Sept, think Philadelphia Art Museum staircase), and along the sides are the remaining Unsullied as a security barrier, standing at attention. Throngs of people are present, behind the Unsullied, to see their new Queen, Arya is a face in the mass of gathered people.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think Jon keys Greyworm and Dany, then retires up North and Sansa sits on the throne with Tyrion as her hand.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Dany to head back to Essos? She is monster in Westeros but still has supporters in Essos

Of course she would probably have trouble explaining to them what the hell happened to the massive army of Dothraki and Unsullied that went with her as well as why all her advisors are dead and 2 of her 3 dragons are missing

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yes, as I said in the last thread I am very disappointed in how Arya SEEMS to be turning out. I don't think it made a lick of sense to have get to where she is in the show, kill the Night King (and Little Finger, and the Frays and the list of others she got to or wanted to get to but was beaten to the punch), go all the way to KL to kill Cersei, get to Cersei, then change her mind entirely and try to escape. So why wouldn't she run home to Gendry and marry him? What the **** else is she going to do? I have not seen the teaser yet but I wouldn't put much stock in it. She should have died trying to kill Cersei, or she should have killed Cersei. To have her say "**** it I am not going to kill Cersei" but then turn around and presumably go kill Dany...why? Cersei was pretty much number one on her list the entire time and she gave up two seconds before completing it. But now she's gonna kill Dany (or whatever the other options are) and not go home and marry Gendry? Doesn't make sense. Sorry for the visibly irritated response but Arya was like my favorite character on this show and probably any other show and I just feel like they ruined her. Haha.

I don't have a problem with that. She got to a point with the Hound that she trusted him and she did not want to die. That simple to me. I don't think she should be the one to kill Dany. I think she should, as you said, go marry Gendry and live a normal life that she has been thus far robbed of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad