OT: All Things Basketball Thread

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Except supposedly Golden State and other teams with assets are willing to trade for Love and get the jump...so the T'Wolves do have a bit of leverage. I don't know what else the Cavs really have to give up besides Wiggins and Bennett anyway? They could always throw a boatload of picks at them I suppose.

Plus just even having Love and Irving already give LeBron a better supporting cast than he had his last go-around in Cleveland, even with the humpty-dumpties playing along with them.

Rumor said next year's first was involved as well and it still wasn't enough for the Wolves right now. Warriors apparently still won't budge on adding Klay.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
That's at least a 12-18 month recovery and there's a good chance he'll never be the same again. All from a dumb scrimmage for a tournament that we could probably win using 5th team All NBA players. That organization is completely screwed now. They lose their two best players in the span of a month. They may as well tank now.

Apparently the stanchion under the basket that he fell on was closer than it would be on an NBA court, like 2-3 feet ahead.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's at least a 12-18 month recovery and there's a good chance he'll never be the same again. All from a dumb scrimmage for a tournament that we could probably win using 5th team All NBA players. That organization is completely screwed now. They lose their two best players in the span of a month. They may as well tank now.

Apparently the stanchion under the basket that he fell on was closer than it would be on an NBA court, like 2-3 feet ahead.

Ya it is going to be a lengthy recovery process.

Also you are correct the Pacers are pretty much screwed. Might clear a spot for the Knicks to sneak into the playoffs.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
How Ferry didn't get fired is beyond me. And somehow now nobody knows who did write the original scouting report. What a joke.

Here is Deng's statement btw:
"HE HAS A LITTLE AFRICAN IN HIM"

These words were recently used to describe me. It would ordinarily make any African parent proud to hear their child recognized for their heritage.

I'm proud to say I actually have a lot of African in me, not just "a little". For my entire life, my identity has been a source of pride and strength. Among my family and friends, in my country of South Sudan and across the broader continent of Africa, I can think of no greater privilege than to do what I love for a living while also representing my heritage on the highest stage. Unfortunately, the comment about my heritage was not made with the same respect and appreciation.

Concerning my free agency, the focus should purely have been on my professionalism and my ability as an athlete. Every person should have the right to be treated with respect and evaluated as an individual, rather than be reduced to a stereotype. I am saddened and disappointed that this way of thinking still exists today. I am even more disturbed that it was shared so freely in a business setting.

However, there is comfort in knowing that there are people who aren't comfortable with it and have the courage to speak up. In the same way a generalization should not define a group of people, the attitude of a few should not define a whole organization or league.

Ultimately, I'm thankful to be with an organization that appreciates me for who I am and has gone out of its way to make me feel welcome.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's most likely 'on indefinite leave' until the team's sold where he'll be fired then anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He's most likely 'on indefinite leave' until the team's sold where he'll be fired then anyway.

I thought he resigned? I swear I read that someone resigned over this.

Good response by Deng. NBA sort of lucky with timing. Their black eye getting buried in the news a bit thanks to all the black eyes the NFL is getting lately.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I thought he resigned? I swear I read that someone resigned over this.

Good response by Deng. NBA sort of lucky with timing. Their black eye getting buried in the news a bit thanks to all the black eyes the NFL is getting lately.

Same thing with Jeff Wilpon for that matter but that's another kettle of fish :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Can we talk about how ****ing bad Philly is so far? 0-14, and this gem from the other night.

NewVeneratedBlackfly.gif

What the hell was that?!?

On the flip side, Golden State are looking like world beaters.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even the Net broadcasters are making fun of the Sixers at the end lol...now the Sixers have won just four of their last 51 games dating back to last season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sixers finally get a win against Minnesota after an 0-17 start, one short of tying the Nets record for most losses to open a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad