GDT: All Star weekend

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Hats off the the players and the league on this one. Says a lot about the current players/Coaches; they embraced Scott while the media and some fans turned to a dark place.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Best ever allstar game. I love how it turned out. Great for Scott and his family.

Great to see how Pavelski and Burns took care of Scott. Little dangerous lifting him up, but I guess they are strong enough. I wouldn't mind Scott being back in teal on a 2 way contract or in their office. He would be useful as he has a mathematical mind.

Coyote's ugly GM and owners deserve losing the rest of the year and missing the playoffs. Lucic already sucker punched one of them. Now other goons will have their way with the desert dogs. NHL and Buttman all suck.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Best ever allstar game. I love how it turned out. Great for Scott and his family.

Great to see how Pavelski and Burns took care of Scott. Little dangerous lifting him up, but I guess they are strong enough. I wouldn't mind Scott being back in teal on a 2 way contract or in their office. He would be useful as he has a mathematical mind.

Coyote's ugly GM and owners deserve losing the rest of the year and missing the playoffs. Lucic already sucker punched one of them. Now other goons will have their way with the desert dogs. NHL and Buttman all suck.
Maloney and Bettman do suck, but that isn't the Coyotes' players fault. Reading his story they were good to him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Dunno if you can really blame Bettman himself since I don't think he cared if Scott was there either way but some people at the NHL really wanted him to not be there.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Coyote players are pretty cool and have lots of talent. But I don't think they will play so great now that they realize their owner and GM are total **********. Also, they will now need some kind of enforcer. But after the Coyotes acquire one, it will be even more obvious how they are a poorly run franchise.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Coyote players are pretty cool and have lots of talent. But I don't think they will play so great now that they realize their owner and GM are total **********. Also, they will now need some kind of enforcer. But after the Coyotes acquire one, it will be even more obvious how they are a poorly run franchise.
They did get Jared Tinordi in the trade.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So happy for Scott. Please come back to San Jose !!!! Doesn't have to be as a player. He'd be awesome on broadcasts.

Might be good for the family to as Arizona to San Jose is closer than Montreal. If there was one thing I took away from this was that Everyman attitude he showed. It was like he symbolized the fans in a way living a dream.

I read that article and he talked about his family and we didn't get to know the player, we got to know the man and the family. I feel bad for what the family was put through during this mess but I wish nothing but the best for them and the twins coming. I would love to see him back in San Jose, maybe in an office position.

Also if he decided to retire now would be a great time to do it. Go out on the biggest high of your career.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
This all-star game was truly worth watching. Good story for Scott, the players and the fans. Can't remember the last time the all-star game(s) was this entertaining (97?, but even then it was only the one moment people remember).

The NHL remains oblivious as ever as to what their fanbase likes, I'm skeptical we'll ever see an all-star game as good as this again. They still tried to screw Scott over. It was a successful weekend inspite of the NHL. They don't deserve a pass for this.

Mike Milbury remains a complete dumbass. I know he's probably paid to say outlandish **** (like Thornton should be sent to the AHL), but he just comes off as pathetic. Dude is a turd.

I loved Scott calling out Roenick on live TV. At least Roenick admitted he was wrong, but like Milbury, he puts his foot in his mouth way too often.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
In all seriousness, can anyone really think of a more memorable All Star Game, ever, in any sport? Like some people have said, this is like we're watching a feel-good sports movie with the sappy happy ending, yet it's happening in real life. So happy for Scott, and really proud of how our guys there conducted themselves this weekend.

TimAllen

Feb 1, 2010
Bay Area
In all seriousness, can anyone really think of a more memorable All Star Game, ever, in any sport? Like some people have said, this is like we're watching a feel-good sports movie with the sappy happy ending, yet it's happening in real life. So happy for Scott, and really proud of how our guys there conducted themselves this weekend.

Someone mentioned the 1992 NBA All Star game on twitter, where Magic Johnson came out of retirement after his HIV diagnosis and torched everybody.

This was one of the greatest things I have ever seen, sports or not. The new format is excellent and seeing John Scott get that kind of reaction shows how out of touch some people in the media are. I didn't really like having Scott on the Sharks because I wanted them to win, but he came off as a great guy last season and it was really cool seeing him win and not look entirely out of place.This should be the end of enforcers in the All Star game. Literally nothing can top John Scott getting carried off the ice by his teammates.

As a side note, as frustrating as the Sharks can be I am glad that the team seems to be filled with decent people. People like Pavelski and Burns seem like the type of guys that can really mentor younger players to be good people and good professionals. Also I can't wait to see John Scott do a national ad campaign.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I went years without watching the NHL ASG, and I only decided to watch because of Scott. The NHL ASG vaulted into second (behind MLB) for the best ASG now for me.

I'm so happy for Scott. I hope he returns to SJ in some capacity (even if it was to be a healthy scratch every game... he'd be great for the locker room).

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Holy ****.

Now don't judge me, but I may have gotten a little teary-eyed from reading that and combining it with the ASG from this weekend.

This is why I shouldn't be away from HF when big hockey events are happening. Haven't logged on in like 2 weeks and I miss all the John Scott drama.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Had to head to the airport after the Pacific team beat the Central team. Finally watched the championship "game" and the postgame proceedings. That was some exciting hockey, the good guys (and Perry) won, and John Scott being in the middle of it all hit me right in the feels.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Hey guys(and gals), Preds fan here. I just wanted to let you guys know how much respect I gained for Brent Burns. He really seemed to enjoy himself, and was really fun to watch. Seems like a classy guy.

If you got a chance to come experience the game in person, thanks for coming and making the weekend great.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Hey guys(and gals), Preds fan here. I just wanted to let you guys know how much respect I gained for Brent Burns. He really seemed to enjoy himself, and was really fun to watch. Seems like a classy guy.

If you got a chance to come experience the game in person, thanks for coming and making the weekend great.

Nashville put on a hell of a show this weekend. The All Star game is usually a butt of jokes afterwards, but this year everything was perfect.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

Well, baseball -twice - the tie and the first "this time it counts" ASG for home field advantage. And the Magic Johnson game like someone mentioned.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

Thanks. We love Burnzie. He seems like a great teammate and he does a lot of charity work.

Kudos to your fans and your city. As fans of another non-traditional market team, we know the stereotypes aren't true but I saw some comments that ppl were surprised at what great fans Nashville has. That did not surprise me at all but I'm glad that so many ppl got to see that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad