Votes: 62 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
It would have way more intrigue if teammates were playing against each other. An aspect the all star game has never gotten right.
McDavid Marner vs Matthews Draisaitl is way more of a draw than Matthews Marner vs McDavid Draisaitl. Give us something we don't see, settle some barstool arguments.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I must say it was tough watching the old guys who are still around.

I played with four of them. Goal one year for Brian Conacher's oldtimers, and Walton, Stemkowski, and Pulford all played with him.

Shit, I'm old.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
even less inclined to watch now. I've watched those 4 play togther for 7 years....... I was really hoping they'd be put of 4 different teams would and go head to head.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’ll watch some of the skills competition, and maybe some of the games, but unfortunately it’s on ESPN which makes for a tough watch.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I like Matthews strategy....picking core Leaf players for his team. With 1 million on the line, might be the best chance we'll ever get to see this team give it their all to win something.

Toronto All Star Cup. In Toronto for Torontonians. We got this.

Reactions: Antropovsky

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The last time I watched the All-Star game Jagr was in it for Florida.

I was under house arrest and bored out of my skull. The last time before that? Yep, you guessed it, Jagr was in that one too.

I don't understand why they hold the All-Star game in the middle of the season anyway.

They'd probably be better off holding it in the summer. To entertain fans when there's nothing else going on. Even I might be so desperate for anything hockey I'd be tempted to watch it.

Makes more sense than pausing the season for a silly tournament no one but the kids care about.

That's who it's for anyway. It's definitely not for fat old men like me. If you got a kid that loves hockey nothing beats watching the All-Star game with them.

Any adult watching this thing on their own probably just has too much spare time on their hands.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Matthews being front and centre at the draft gives me the opportunity to repost probably my favourite tweet of all time re. a previous allstar game appearance.

It's always been crazy to me that Matthews is willing to sabotage his prime years with that shitty stache. Lucky he's filthy rich so I'm sure he does great with the gals. ;)

1706882345270.png

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Can’t believe tre didn’t Waite to sign Willy after the all star game
Could have arranged him winning the 1 million prize and take on a lower cap hit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad