Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I would not give you Mezzaros for Kulikov.
No desire to add Russians to Flyers.
Never pan out as players in the long term.

Well glad your not running the Flyers then. If that trade was offered to you and you said no because of that reason, you'd get fired in the spot. :laugh:

But seriously... You do that trade without looking.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I would not give you Mezzaros for Kulikov.
No desire to add Russians to Flyers.
Never pan out as players in the long term.

you cannot be serious.
Kulikov even on his worst day this year as been miles better than Meszaros who has been breaking down with each passing day. If all Florida wants for Kulikov(which I seriously doubt) then you have to take it. easily.
not even sure how this is up for debate.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If Kulikov was traded for Mez...

Holmgren would spend everyday for the rest of his life in a confession box or doing hail marys... theft is not a serious enough word to describe that trade. It would be one of the greatest heists of the century.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Florida traded Kulikov for Mez they might as well fold the team and implode the arena while they're at it.

That's how terrible that move would be for them.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The anti-Russian sentiment among some of our fans is vomit inducing.

I don't think it is anything necessarily about the Russians as people or Russia as a country, I think it is more about the way Russian NHL stars reportedly act. There are plenty of Russians in the NHL who are fine. But then you have the Zherdevs, Kovalchuks, and the likes that are reportedly lazy and self centered and so forth, or bolt for the KHL leaving a team in the dust. I wouldn't have a problem with a Russian on the team, but I would have a problem investing large amounts of money or high draft pick in a Russian player unless there was some sort of concrete proof that he wouldn't sulk if he didn't get his way, etc.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Isn't the thing with Russians is that they have to have a buddy in the locker room that is Russian as well? Like a buddy sytem. That always seemed to be how the Flyers approached it. Right now we have no ruskies although earlier we had a lot of players with the name F___ov....

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I don't think it is anything necessarily about the Russians as people or Russia as a country, I think it is more about the way Russian NHL stars reportedly act. There are plenty of Russians in the NHL who are fine. But then you have the Zherdevs, Kovalchuks, and the likes that are reportedly lazy and self centered and so forth, or bolt for the KHL leaving a team in the dust. I wouldn't have a problem with a Russian on the team, but I would have a problem investing large amounts of money or high draft pick in a Russian player unless there was some sort of concrete proof that he wouldn't sulk if he didn't get his way, etc.

Give me Kovalchuk every freakin day of the weak. If his body of NHL work is him being lazy, I'll take it.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

even with this way of thinking I would not think twice about dealing Meszaros for Kulikov. That said I just cannot see Florida being that dumb. Unless of course the Flyers added a sweetener

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

If they bolt, I'm pretty sure the cap hit goes away, so who cares.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
The anti-Russian sentiment among some of our fans is vomit inducing.

It is a worry about the KHL for me. If a prospect doesn't develop as fast as expected, they can opt for good money for the K instead of trying to develop their game in the AHL. Even established players can leave like Ilya or Radolov. Yes, there are nutjobs like Bryz and Zherdev, but overall the KHL is the issue, not nationality.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
even with this way of thinking I would not think twice about dealing Meszaros for Kulikov. That said I just cannot see Florida being that dumb. Unless of course the Flyers added a sweetener

Oh absolutely. I would trade Mez for Kulikov in a heartbeat. I wouldn't, however, trade a ton for Kulikov. I don't know where I would stop, but I wouldn't trade any of our prized possessions (Couturier, B.Schenn, Laughton, new draft picks, etc) for him, that's for sure.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
It is a worry about the KHL for me. If a prospect doesn't develop as fast as expected, they can opt for good money for the K instead of trying to develop their game in the AHL. Even established players can leave like Ilya or Radolov. Yes, there are nutjobs like Bryz and Zherdev, but overall the KHL is the issue, not nationality.

I wasn't necessarily saying anyone in particular here, but a lot of people I know personally hate signing anyone Russian. Anyone. That includes Datsyuk.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I would offer one of straka, Mcginn, Raffl, Akeson or someone similar and a pick no higher than the second round for Kulikov. If they don't take that I would move on. I dont think they will take that deal, but we arent deep enough to give up big assets for him

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I remember calling out this forum for the Russian hate last year and a bunch of people got angry and yelled at me

That's because it was a total cop-out & last ditch effort to defend Bryz from sucking up the joint.

Nobody hated him because of his nationality (at least not the majority here), they hated him because he wasn't very good & was getting paid big bucks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bryz was hated for being a horrific goaltender with a horrific contract who showed signs of laziness, not for being Russian.

There's a reason one Russian goalie was generally liked and supported and the other Russian goalie was not: quality of play and work ethic.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Bryz was hated for being a horrific goaltender with a horrific contract who showed signs of laziness, not for being Russian.

There's a reason one Russian goalie was generally liked and supported and the other Russian goalie was not: quality of play and work ethic.

Stuff like this didn't help either...

Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...d-and-believes-poor-people-dont-want-to-work/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad