Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I can't be the only one who wouldn't want to do this deal right... Right ?

With the way LSchenn is playing and the way Coburn is playing, we really couldn't afford to do Simmonds + Coburn for Eberle + Smid (assuming of course Smid were still on EDM).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
With the way LSchenn is playing and the way Coburn is playing, we really couldn't afford to do Simmonds + Coburn for Eberle + Smid (assuming of course Smid were still on EDM).

Really? If you can get Jordan Eberle I think you do it. The defense would take a hit with Smid (or whomever was brought in in this hypothetical trade), but you get a linemate for Giroux for the foreseeable future to make a pretty deadly 1-2 punch. Roll with what we have this season on defense with the remaining people, deal with replacing Coburn in the offseason via trade, draft, or free agency.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Would you guys entertain a deal around Eller and Gorges for Couturier and Coburn?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Would you guys entertain a deal around Eller and Gorges for Couturier and Coburn?

So we get an older, less dynamic defenceman for Coburn. (don't get me wrong, very solid, great D...)

And a centre who is not as adept defensively as Couts, who was not as impressive as Couts in the NHL at the same age in a similar role... who's production would be limited on the Flyers anyway as he would be playing behind G and Vinny?

I would pass... and I am a big fan of Eller. Neither of those players are what the Flyers need, especially not for two of our more valuable pieces. Biggest needs are a PMD and a sniper.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

On the surface, the value isn't far off: Gorges is more consistent than Coburn, though Coburn at his best is more valuable than Gorges. Eller looks to be a star centre in the making, but I believe in Couturier's upside as being higher. It's not a bad proposal, but one I would turn down as a Flyers GM.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

you are definitely in the minority. Not that this deal would happen if Smid was still in Edmonton but I would love to have Eberle here.
Anyone who thinks Coburn and Simmonds would be enough to land Eberle is mistaken.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
you are definitely in the minority. Not that this deal would happen if Smid was still in Edmonton but I would love to have Eberle here.
Anyone who thinks Coburn and Simmonds would be enough to land Eberle is mistaken.

I agree that there's no way that would land us Eberle, but I still don't think it's a deal that makes sense from the Flyers perspective. Coburn logs 25+ hard minutes a night, and while he's prone to making some bone headed plays, there's not really anybody else on the team that can do what he's doing for us.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I agree that there's no way that would land us Eberle, but I still don't think it's a deal that makes sense from the Flyers perspective. Coburn logs 25+ hard minutes a night, and while he's prone to making some bone headed plays, there's not really anybody else on the team that can do what he's doing for us.

As much as Coburn can sometimes tick us all off I would probably agree.
Which would make it difficult to land Eberle because Edmonton would also want a defenseman going the other way. So a Eberle deal really isnt a good match for the Flyers.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks for reminding me why I rarely go to the 'Proposals' forum anymore.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Meh, we can get that bad here, too. It's the assumptions about Team X being low on a player = selling off for moon pies and penny whistles.

All the boards are the same. My team's player is worth more than their real value. Your team's player is worth less than their actual value. That attitude affects a significant (though, not 100%) of a given fanbase. Toronto has a greater overall number of fans, therefore, just based upon the percentages also have a higher number of posters like the above.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
All the boards are the same. My team's player is worth more than their real value. Your team's player is worth less than their actual value. That attitude affects a significant (though, not 100%) of a given fanbase. Toronto has a greater overall number of fans, therefore, just based upon the percentages also have a higher number of posters like the above.

Yep. I've put some bad ideas out there with prospects about whom I didn't know much, just basing value on Hockey's Futures scores.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla131118.html

Kulikov, who is in the final year of his contract, is making $3 million this season, though his salary cap hit is $2.5 million.
Several teams believed to have shown an interest in Kulikov include the Edmonton Oilers, Detroit Red Wings, Carolina Hurricanes and Anaheim Ducks, though others appear to be up against the cap.

Panthers GM Dale Tallon is looking for young assets in exchange for Kulikov, who is 23 and can become a restricted free agent next summer.

The Panthers are also entertaining offers for forwards Scottie Upshall, Tomas Fleischmann, Brad Boyes and Shawn Matthias.

I wonder what players they are trying to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad