All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread III - the thread where everyone signs somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hey, it's not that much different from how many teams drafted players 20-30 years ago! Don't knock it if you haven't tried it! :badidea:

We've come full circle to 30 years ago? Does that mean I can break out my Zubaz?

Narrator: this does NOT mean he can break out his Zubaz, as they have been unceremoniously disposed of.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Who is worth a long term deal more? Landeskog or Dougie?
I've watched both pretty closely being fans of both teams. They'll both likely break down by the end of their deal. I'd probably lean Dougie because he's already been here and in my opinion better in relation to other players at his position than Landy is.

However, Landy being on the team would probably make Brindy feel things in the groinal region. He'd be a good fit.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Who is worth a long term deal more? Landeskog or Dougie?
Landy will probably break down before Dougie given the type of game he plays but he brings that that Justin Williams vibe to teams. No he hasn't been lucky enough to win a Cup yet but I still believe he's one of the best captains in the NHL which is why Colorado even with their embarrassment of riches would be crazy to let him go.

But to answer the question, Landeskog.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Bring back the cheapest of McGinn/Foegele, sign a middle 6 guy that's better than Fast, and promote from within everywhere else. Explore Chris Wideman or the next Marc Andre Bergeron once Bean is taken by Seattle.
Wideman would be great. He’s always been very good about “playing his game.”

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Wideman would be great. He’s always been very good about “playing his game.”
I mean he's literally Marc Andre Bergeron at best but I find it hard to hold it against him what he did for a team like the Sens when their marquee player Duchene was basically egging him on. And I'm just glad no Uber driver has released me and my friends conversations.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I’m going to throw a name out there to replace Foegele and that would be Zack Hyman. A consistent 30 to 40 point man with a high +/-. IF we can get him at 2.5 To 3 million a year he may be worth looking into

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I mean he's literally Marc Andre Bergeron at best but I find it hard to hold it against him what he did for a team like the Sens when their marquee player Duchene was basically egging him on. And I'm just glad no Uber driver has released me and my friends conversations.
So much better than MAB in the defensive end. Night and day.
And, I’m wondering whether you think my post was in some way bringing up the Uber thing? It wasn’t, by the way. I don’t care about it, at all. That recent Athletic article was such BS. The writer thinks he’s doing Wideman a solid and what he did was potentially cut his legs out from under him.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I’m going to throw a name out there to replace Foegele and that would be Zack Hyman. A consistent 30 to 40 point man with a high +/-. IF we can get him at 2.5 To 3 million a year he may be worth looking into
If he’ll take 2.5 to 3m, I suspect the Leafs would keep him. Rumor is that he wants more and thus the leafs can’t afford him.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He was on pace for 60 the last 2 seasons. He is rumored to want close to 5, if not higher. Toronto wanted to stay in the 4 range

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
hyman will get the josh anderson contract or close to it. no way he's available for 2.5-3m/yr. he'd be a great fit on this team (and the first ever jewish hurricane....still waiting on that, although technically daniel altshuller counts as he was back-up for a few games) but we simply can't afford him at the price he's likely going to command.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
hyman will get the josh anderson contract or close to it. no way he's available for 2.5-3m/yr. he'd be a great fit on this team (and the first ever jewish hurricane....still waiting on that, although technically daniel altshuller counts as he was back-up for a few games) but we simply can't afford him at the price he's likely going to command.

josh jooris??

Reactions: WreckingCrew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad