Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_6501.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Disturbing news out of Michigan wolverines hockey ...they kicked D.man Johnny Dustin's off the team once hecwas identified S one of 2 students who were caught on video vandalizing a Jewish Resource Center on campus
...I did not see in today's news articles any identification of that student involved.. If that student is also a Michigan hockey player then let us hope it is not Nazar...but it may be just another student not associated with the team If they can identify who that other person is.
Anyway ...a stain onthe Michigan brand...they need to do some campus educationahaibst hayevcrimes.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Disturbing news out of Michigan wolverines hockey ...they kicked D.man Johnny Dustin's off the team once hecwas identified S one of 2 students who were caught on video vandalizing a Jewish Resource Center on campus
...I did not see in today's news articles any identification of that student involved.. If that student is also a Michigan hockey player then let us hope it is not Nazar...but it may be just another student not associated with the team If they can identify who that other person is.
Anyway ...a stain onthe Michigan brand...they need to do some campus educationahaibst hayevcrimes.
The other student was a female lacrosse player.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Anyone know when his KHL contract is up? Would be nice to get him over and competing for the third line center spot (also not sure how his faceoffs are)
Google shows an excerpt from The Athletic:

Safonov's KHL contract expires after the 2024-25 season. If the Blackhawks can guarantee him an NHL opportunity for 2025-26, you'd have to imagine that's when he would come over. He would be 24 years old, so if he's going to play in the NHL, he should be ready by then.​
-Jun 15, 2023​

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's always tough "guaranteeing" a spot as we will have other guys drafted these recent years pushing for spots as well, which makes these KHL imports tricky. The upside is there, so I don't say never draft anyone in that situation, it's just a smoother process if he was already here playing in preseason games, being in Rockford, getting call-ups, etc. all this time. The lack of a transfer agreement is the real issue.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Google shows an excerpt from The Athletic:

Safonov's KHL contract expires after the 2024-25 season. If the Blackhawks can guarantee him an NHL opportunity for 2025-26, you'd have to imagine that's when he would come over. He would be 24 years old, so if he's going to play in the NHL, he should be ready by then.​
-Jun 15, 2023​
Sounds like another Shalunov.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
With Savoie on IR and Korchsinski uncertain to be returned, it feels strange that all the Hawks Prospects playing Canadian Juniors are in the OHL (Hayes, Lardis, Ludwinski, Misiak and Pharand)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With Savoie on IR and Korchsinski uncertain to be returned, it feels strange that all the Hawks Prospects playing Canadian Juniors are in the OHL (Hayes, Lardis, Ludwinski, Misiak and Pharand)
Is it that strange?

The OHL produces more NHL talent than the WHL and QMJHL.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Goal for Kantserov in the KHL. I missed it and the replay was ending (showing him celebrating) when I switched back to the screen, so no idea about quality, we'll see if a clip emerges.

I'm hoping we can get Kantserov to come over to Rockford after this season. He is only signed through this year. If he signs for another 3 years in the KHL, Hawks lose control of his development and the direction looks different.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad