Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
24 game season planned but who knows if they can pull it off
That's what's proposed for Ontario and the OHL. Krutil was supposed to play for Kelowna and there's no word on when the BC teams will play. The WHL teams in Alberta are supposed to start at the end of the month but no word on BC.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A productive surface.....but going to be 27 in March so at least experienced mature oro...but we havecto beat out Detroit's pursuit of him to sign hom..so wonder where he sees his best opportunity?

If we do not get him then hopefully iron i the fire for Konstantin Okulov (CSKW Moscow ) the 26 yr old LW who plays with Shalunov on a line ...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is always but is a Left shot...

Okulov who is 11 months younger andvus bigger at 6'0 183 to whatever Zhafyarov is at 5"9 165 (or 153 as listed by Elite Prospects) raises questions about transition effectiveness vs .big NHL players in a smaller sized rink ...especially when that small..

The other caveatviscthat his team isxa bottom of the pack squad (I think 2nd last or near there in its division) so he gets featured minutes on their top line and gets top Pp minutes...whereas Okulov playing on a much better team (CSKA Moscow) as the LW to Shalunov on their 2nd line,does not get too featured Pp time ...

So while zhafyarov has about a 10 point lead over what Okulov has produced ,it may be to a difference in roles and minutes played...

In +/- Okulov is +13 before today ...Zhafyarov is +6 before today (ormaube tgese are after today ...notcsurebon that).

I any case you could argue both ways...IF Okulov was on Zhafyarov's team but featured in top role and top minutes,how much would he produce?Or if Zhafyarov were on CSKA with better players and same role,how would he produce?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Good news. Was he signed because his junior league (WHL?) isn't playing or because he impressed on his tryout?

He's been really steady for being the youngest guy out there. Haven't noticed any huge mistakes. Pinches in the O-zone to keep the puck even though he isn't a huge points guy. I've liked his game

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
F532601B-4F39-4C31-A5DD-2832581E82E9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad