All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Just heard the rib. Holy ****... not sure how would I take this if I was on the... other end.

RJ8812*

you can waste a whole day on youtube listening to Jim Cornette and his stories

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Towards the end of the podcast, Austin and Cornette stated something I agree with. WWE needs to get back to making the storylines 'real'. When Bryan was feuding with Cena and then HHH/Orton it seemed real and believable.

BTW thanks for posting the recaps and what podcasts to listen to. I don't have the time to listen to them all so it is definitely helpful.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Towards the end of the podcast, Austin and Cornette stated something I agree with. WWE needs to get back to making the storylines 'real'. When Bryan was feuding with Cena and then HHH/Orton it seemed real and believable.

BTW thanks for posting the recaps and what podcasts to listen to. I don't have the time to listen to them all so it is definitely helpful.

And Punk/Summer of Punk also felt real.

It's interesting to see how those turned out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Austin's going to try getting an interview in with Triple H tonight while they're both in Las Vegas.

Oct 18, 2011
for anyone interested in ROH listen to cornette's most recent podcast on MLW he goes hard at them and how cheap they are(shocker given their pathetic iPPV's) and what a mark kevin steen is amongst other things. his ideas make sense unfortunately ROH was to cheap to do things the right way, glad he finally started to stand up for himself

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Just finished Part 1 of Austin's interview with JR from last year. It's cool to hear how JR got into wrestling.

One thing I will say that Jericho has over Austin's podcasts is that you can't hear Jericho breathing into the mic while his guest is talking. :laugh:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Just finished Part 1 of Austin's interview with JR from last year. It's cool to hear how JR got into wrestling.

One thing I will say that Jericho has over Austin's podcasts is that you can't hear Jericho breathing into the mic while his guest is talking. :laugh:

What I dont like about Jericho is his constant habit of saying "right" or his laugh. But he's pretty new to Podcast so he will learn.

Austin's show is better but Jericho has better guests. Although Piper is pretty damn good.

I laugh at the way they [Jericho/Austin] segway to commercials. You can hear how different the audio is compared to the interview, but they still sell it as if they are doing the segways midway through the interview.

RJ8812*

I didn't know that Austin had two separate podcasts. The Steve Austin show which is released every Tuesday, and The Steve Austin Show Unleashed which is released every Thursday

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I didn't know that Austin had two separate podcasts. The Steve Austin show which is released every Tuesday, and The Steve Austin Show Unleashed which is released every Thursday

Yeah, I think the difference is one is uncensored and the other is more PG. Judging by the content + title of the shows.

RJ8812*

Ya, Austin used to do that early on in his podcasts, but I guess some fans mentioned it to him, so he brought it up and said he'll work on it :laugh:

RJ8812*

Yeah, I think the difference is one is uncensored and the other is more PG. Judging by the content + title of the shows.

yup, that seems to be the difference. I'm way behind on his podcasts though (currently at Tim White), so I haven't made it to the time when he separates his podcasts

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I laugh at the way they [Jericho/Austin] segway to commercials. You can hear how different the audio is compared to the interview, but they still sell it as if they are doing the segways midway through the interview.

Or how in 2 part interviews they act like both parts are live even though they're pre-recorded back to back.

Jericho and Edge even had a joke about it at the beginning of Part 2 of that interview when Jericho said that Edge had been waiting on the phone for a whole week. :laugh:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Or how in 2 part interviews they act like both parts are live even though they're pre-recorded back to back.

Jericho and Edge even had a joke about it at the beginning of Part 2 of that interview when Jericho said that Edge had been waiting on the phone for a whole week. :laugh:

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. I don't remember who but one of the hosts said "we were talking about earlier.. i mean last week"

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The Jim Cornette Experience is quickly becoming my favorite. Guy just does not care who he pisses off. He went off on Kevin Steen, and quite frankly I agree. Guy just looks like a fat slob in a singlet and tshirt. Don't know why ROH pushed him so hard.

Haven't listened to Jericho yet, but plan to tonight at work.

Austin is ok, but I get the feeling there's some sort of detachment and editing going on there. He laughs at random moments like he thinks he's supposed to or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad