Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
His play right now is downright disgraceful. If you aren’t going to put in the effort to help your GM get a good return for you, you have no right to demand a trade.

If anything he's only sabotaging himself. IF i was another GM and saw this attitude I would be soured away regardless of how good he is or how good he will be.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I said it before - He should be traded ASAP for the best return you can get or then sit him in taxi-squad for the year if he doesnt show any effort. As it is, PLD is a negative asset. If he doesnt give a 100% effort and has poblicly asked for a trade his teammates knows he doesnt play for the team. If he would be on my team, I wouldnt either love the guy and that affects teamchemistry like hell.
You dont want the guy to score and he doesnt backcheck etc. I bet the team would play better without the guy. He f***ed up - You can ask your GM to trade you, but go publicly and ask for it and let the team know, then your screwed. I`d actually just let him rot if I`d be the owner. So, he will NEVER get the return he would in a normal trade...

Reactions: jay from jersey

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Any rumors as to why he actually wants to leave? It can't just be that he wants a bigger stage right? He's getting #1C ice time and he's bound to get paid like one. Is it a Torts issue? Can any Jackets fans chime in?

YanniPodz

Jan 17, 2021
If he doesn’t want to play in CLB I don’t see OTT being a team he wants to play for as well. Why would they trade away players, prospects or picks for him to do the same in Ottawa; even if you have him as a RFA.

Hes an RFA for four more years.....
Why do you not understand that concept?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Any rumors as to why he actually wants to leave? It can't just be that he wants a bigger stage right? He's getting #1C ice time and he's bound to get paid like one. Is it a Torts issue? Can any Jackets fans chime in?

There's been 4 threads of speculation on this.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Dubois won't last the entire season in Columbus if this continues. JK won't sit him yet, that'll only hurt his return. He needs to get as much as he can from a deal, and thats by letting him play. PLD is not happy there but he cannot sulk and play like crap all season. These players still have pride and maybe he would still work hard for his teammates but not the organization any longer. Maybe Dubois signed the 2 year deal at a modest cap hit to make himself more tradeable at the expense of making less money for a couple of years. Much easier to trade at a $5M AAV vs a $8M+ AAV. If he does wanna play in a big market then most of the league is eliminated. All the usual prospects are probably in play including LAK, MTL, NYR, TOR, VAN.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
To Ottawa: Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Columbus: Josh Norris, Erik Brannstrom, 2021 1st round pick (top 3 protected)

This depends on if PLD is willing to sign long term in Ottawa ofc

Josh Norris is currently playing top 6 minutes for Ottawa and has been decent to start the season (2 assists in 2 games). He put up 61 points in 56 games last season and won AHL rookie of the year as a 20 year old. He is NHL ready and has 1st line center potential. He was the main piece (at the time) in the Erik Karlsson trade.

Erik Brannstrom is one of the best D prospects in the league. He captained Sweden at the WJC in 2019, and was named to the all star team. He put up 23 points in 27 games as a 20 year old in the AHL. He has top pairing potential and was the main piece in the Mark Stone trade.

I would expect the 1st round pick to be around 7 to 14.
We don’t need Branstrom, stop sending us a guy you don’t need

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
To Ottawa: Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Columbus: Josh Norris, Erik Brannstrom, 2021 1st round pick (top 3 protected)

This depends on if PLD is willing to sign long term in Ottawa ofc

Josh Norris is currently playing top 6 minutes for Ottawa and has been decent to start the season (2 assists in 2 games). He put up 61 points in 56 games last season and won AHL rookie of the year as a 20 year old. He is NHL ready and has 1st line center potential. He was the main piece (at the time) in the Erik Karlsson trade.

Erik Brannstrom is one of the best D prospects in the league. He captained Sweden at the WJC in 2019, and was named to the all star team. He put up 23 points in 27 games as a 20 year old in the AHL. He has top pairing potential and was the main piece in the Mark Stone trade.

I would expect the 1st round pick to be around 7 to 14.
You can't sign PLD yet. So, nobody would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad