Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Well he’s legitimately our #1 C right now, so there’s that.

Suzuki for PLD is a sideways move. Sure PLD has proven more, but Suzuki could be busting out to star status before our eyes. Plus Suzuki is getting 1/5 the money.
That's fine but don't try to claim he's a real number 1 center yet, he might be in the future but let's slow down

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not here to propose anything, merely to send my condolences to CBJ fans for having to put up with trash offers and "you'll never get full value because he wants out!". We feel your pain, stay strong.
Thankfully, we have an easy answer to that silliness:

Of9ixXY.gif

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Montreal makes too much sense - the Habs are in a win now time with their core, they have the pieces and apparently that’s where Dubois wants to go... Suzuki is a non starter. I’d offer from the Habs POV:

To Columbus: Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Byron (cap reasons) and 2021 1st (top 10 protected).

To Montreal: Dubois (10-15 percent retention for cap purposes), 2021 2nd round pick.

I think that’s fair value for both sides.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
To Columbus: Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Byron (cap reasons) and 2021 1st (top 10 protected).

To Montreal: Dubois (10-15 percent retention for cap purposes), 2021 2nd round pick.

I think that’s fair value for both sides.

You call that fair. That’s awful for Columbus. Even if Jarmo thinks that KK is legit 1C soon (I have major doubts), this means they should also take a cap dump plus pay a part of Dubois’ salary. So they should pay 4 million dollars for the sheer joy of having Dubois playing for a rival. That seems fair to you?

Reactions: Viqsi

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
A disgruntled player wanting out and a coach talking like that will diminish the value. Otherwise, PLD shouldn't even be considered to be traded.
His value is what teams are willing to give up which as determined by how teams outbid each other. Circumstances only lower his value if interest is low.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, Poehling FOR Dubois

OR

Suzuki, Romanov, Lehkonen, Edmundson, Kulak,
Along with prospects Poehling, Caufield
And 1st and 2nd round picks

FOR

Werenski, Dubois

Reactions: HabsAddict

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
You call that fair. That’s awful for Columbus. Even if Jarmo thinks that KK is legit 1C soon (I have major doubts), this means they should also take a cap dump plus pay a part of Dubois’ salary. So they should pay 4 million dollars for the sheer joy of having Dubois playing for a rival. That seems fair to you?

Lot of anger here.

You’re kind of leaving out the fact that there were a total of 3 first round picks with a young Center trending up, a young sniper and the next Habs first round pick being offered. Byron is a more than serviceable player, but in a cap world that’s the reality of trades these days.

BTW multiple Columbus posters disagreed with you FWIW, and details can always be tweaked. You may need to get some sleep.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, Poehling FOR Dubois

OR

Suzuki, Romanov, Lehkonen, Edmundson, Kulak,
Along with prospects Poehling, Caufield
And 1st and 2nd round picks

FOR

Werenski, Dubois

To many pieces coming back. Cant have all on taxi-squad. Also Werenski would be a no-go. IF a 1D gets moved it would be Jones because of contract. Theese two would also need to have back substantial value. Like:

Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov +++

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
To many pieces coming back. Cant have all on taxi-squad. Also Werenski would be a no-go. IF a 1D gets moved it would be Jones because of contract. Theese two would also need to have back substantial value. Like:

Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Romanov +++

I hear you. With the salary cap big trades are almost impossible to pull off.

Jones is such an amazing player. Total beast. Unfortunately Habs are set on the right side. I'm sure eventually the Jackets are going to find a suitable trade that makes more sense and get a solid return for Dubois. Or else they may fire Tortorella. I feel he's turned this team into a super competitive and fun entity but he may have overstayed his welcome.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
It’s astonishing the value that Kotkaniemi and Suzuki seem to hold to Montreal fans... actually wild

Reactions: Heldig

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I wouldn’t trade Suzuki 1-on-1 for Dubois. Romanov is untouchable too. I’d be sad to see Kotkaniemi go, but that’s the best you’ll get from the Habs.
Here's to another 48 page thread full of unsolicited terrible offers from habs fans followed by them letting us all know how much they don't want him when told to stick it.

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
Lot of anger here.

You’re kind of leaving out the fact that there were a total of 3 first round picks with a young Center trending up, a young sniper and the next Habs first round pick being offered. Byron is a more than serviceable player, but in a cap world that’s the reality of trades these days.

BTW multiple Columbus posters disagreed with you FWIW, and details can always be tweaked. You may need to get some sleep.

Thanks for the concern, but it’s midday so I’ve gotten plenty of sleep and don’t have any stakes in this either. Just seemed laughable that Jarmo should go and tell the owner in the current financial situation that instead of paying 5m to Dubois to play for you, you are now kinda paying 4m (Byron’s salary plus retention) for him to play for Montreal. Byron might be a servicable player, but it’s a bad contract in this flat cap era and we’ve seen how difficult it is to shed them at the moment.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Curious to read what fans of both Teams would think of this trade:
:cbj
Columbus:
Laine
Roslovic - Signed (fun fact, he’s from Columbus)

:jets
Winnipeg:
Dubois
Gavrikov

Personally, I could see the value for both teams

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Here's to another 48 page thread full of unsolicited terrible offers from habs fans followed by them letting us all know how much they don't want him when told to stick it.
And pages of non Hab fans who think the Habs grossly overpaying for PMD is the right thing to do.
You can dream but there's no chance that PMD hauls in Suzuki and Romanov. Please go elsewhere with your unsolicited terrible expectations.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad