Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
This talk of Suzuki + for PLD is laughable. Suzuki ain't going nowhere, especially not in a deal involving a desperate GM dealing with a disgruntled player. And this isn't like Laine at all. PLD publically asked for a trade, and Torts can't help but blast him in the media. PLD is gone within two weeks. Maybe not in Montreal (I feel NYR might get him), but he's gone. It sucks for Columbus fans. There's definitely something going on.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Man I wish Pierre Luc Dubois wasn't French Canadian.

If he was Peter Ofwood, then there would be almost no chatter of him coming to Montreal.

All "to Montreal" rumours would be simply there to drive prices up for the trade block of said player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo Montoya

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kakko, Lias Andersson and a 4th

You might get a 2C for that package. Might. The Rags already shipped Lias off for the #60 pick in the draft. Not much value there.

A disgruntled player wanting out and a coach talking like that will diminish the value. Otherwise, PLD shouldn't even be considered to be traded.

Right, I guess instead of Columbus having the option of keeping PLD, it will now just be 15-25 other teams bidding against each other for his services. Jarmo is so screwed. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Horvat for Pld would break the hockey world.
Would be fun to watch lol

Reactions: Fro

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
You might get a 2C for that package. Might. The Rags already shipped Lias off for the #60 pick in the draft. Not much value there.

Right, I guess instead of Columbus having the option of keeping PLD, it will now just be 15-25 other teams bidding against each other for his services. Jarmo is so screwed. :sarcasm:

Enjoy the bad locker room morale and losses piling on though. I mean, did you watch Colombus play tonight?

Reactions: HabsAddict

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Yeah, Suzuki + for Dubois will never happen. Suzuki is just too good right now and seem to be a Patrice Bergeron 2.0 which is the kind of center who just cannot win a cup in his career.

I would think about Kotkaniemi for Dubois but I realy doubt that Columbus want to spend time to develop a player, so Danault + should be an option. That said, I realy like Danault.

That said, Kokalainen should consider to just get rid of Tortorella.

Reactions: HabsAddict

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
That’s fine, Bergevin will

given current Columbus lineup, I don’t think other coach could make more with it
I don't want to cry a second time for losing a favorite player to you guys in under 6 months!!!!

Take everyone else: Kotkaniemi + Danault + Guhle + Caufield + 1st, I don't care haha, but please no Suzuki :( I'm already depressed as is with COVID situation and losing Domi (in favor for Princess Danault...) :(

That said, would a deal around Kotkaniemi + Danault interest you guys in any way? You get 2 centers for the price of 1 :D Obviously, things can be added to balance out, etc - to make it nicer in general as a package.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Suzuki for PLD straight up makes no sense for the habs right now.

It could be a slight upgrade but could also be a sidegrade and we take on 4 million while already being at the cap. KK + Caufield + first + Cap dumps is the best package habs can offer. Dubois doesn't have much leverage here, CBJ isn't forced to trade him to MTL.

Barkov for Dubois makes the most sense to me if Jarmo thinks he can get Barkov to resign obviously.

Last edited:

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Suzuki for PLD straight up makes no sense for the habs right now. It could be a slight upgrade but could also be a sidegrade and we take on 4 million while already being at the cap. KK + Caufield + first + Cap dumps is the best package habs can offer. Dubois doesn't have much leverage here, CBJ isn't forced to trade him to MTL. Barkov for Dubois makes the most sense to me if Jarmo thinks he can get Barkov to resign obviously.

That's pretty much it. KK + Caufield = Dubois and 1st MTL2021 = CLB accommodates the Habs by taking on salary/retaining on PLD. That's the only thing I can see making sense. Forget about Suzuki/Romanov they won't get traded.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Enjoy the bad locker room morale and losses piling on though. I mean, did you watch Colombus play tonight?

Yes, PLD was excellent. Domi, on the other hand...

If things get nasty then the Jackets would still sooner bench PLD while they work out a trade rather than rush into a downgrade. Only a fool would panic sell a 22 year old #1C. You can stop pretending there is some exorbitant leverage at work. When you are dealing with pieces this valuable you handle the temporary pain if you have to to make sure the franchise doesn't lose a ton of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad